Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves 17:21 - Jan 7 with 1144 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We simply couldn't cope with Lincolns physicality

They were decent on the break and but for emmanuels heroic chasing back, would've won it at the death.

Robinson looked a decent player as did their left winger.

I'd say our problem today was Bru and Dozzell were massively outmuscled and our problems came from there.

Where would we be without Tom Lawrence? He's now scored 4 absolute crackers this season.

Big attendance as I predicted before kick off - 16,200. And to be fair it looked it.

The replays gonna be on BBC or BT I guarantee.

Hot dog was only a 7. Not worth the extended queue

We weren't very good on the ball but our problems came in the 50/50 battles.

Hopefully by the Lincoln game we've signed a physical midfielder to cover Skuse. Douglas isn't the answer. And Bru and dozzell together against a big side like today didn't work.

Sears ran a lot and tried to create. Pitman didn't get a sniff other than a half chance from the edge of the box at 2-1. Webster and Berra struggled I'll be honest against the big lump Rhead (who throws himself over st any opportunity btw). Ward looked lost and confused.

Emmanuel and Lawrence well clear as pour best two.

I'll finish with a positive: we are at least in the draw and cannot possibly play any worse in the replay.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:22 - Jan 7 with 1096 viewsStokieBlue

There are no positives, even being in the draw isn't really a positive after that.

I know you were there so have a better insight but Tommy Smith on Radio Suffolk said they outplayed us, he didn't seem to think it was out-muscled - just that they were better and more comfortable on the ball.

Hard for him to say that whilst still being on the books.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:28 - Jan 7 with 1025 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:22 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

There are no positives, even being in the draw isn't really a positive after that.

I know you were there so have a better insight but Tommy Smith on Radio Suffolk said they outplayed us, he didn't seem to think it was out-muscled - just that they were better and more comfortable on the ball.

SB

They were the better team for sure. Hence why I said we were theives to get a replay.

Most of Lincolns passing was in their half or simply on the break.

They were the better side but they didn't pass us off the pitch. We simply lost every single 50/50 and missed every single tackle.

Lincoln played well though to their credit. The fact we were all over them for the last 15 minutes and they had one chance on the break to win it is interesting. He should've scored. If we had scored after the missed chance, it really would've been wrong. Lincoln event a draw.

Unfortunately we were robbed Monday and didn't get even a draw.

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 986 viewsStokieBlue

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:28 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

They were the better team for sure. Hence why I said we were theives to get a replay.

Most of Lincolns passing was in their half or simply on the break.

They were the better side but they didn't pass us off the pitch. We simply lost every single 50/50 and missed every single tackle.

Lincoln played well though to their credit. The fact we were all over them for the last 15 minutes and they had one chance on the break to win it is interesting. He should've scored. If we had scored after the missed chance, it really would've been wrong. Lincoln event a draw.

Unfortunately we were robbed Monday and didn't get even a draw.

All very nice.

However they are a non-league team. It should all be totally irrelevant. We should be beating them even with some reserves or youths, not discussing what went wrong and how we lost 50/50 challenges.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 971 viewsBenters

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:22 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

SB

It was a shocking result tbh town should have stuffed them .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:40 - Jan 7 with 899 viewsGunnsAirkick

SB

It was the worst I've seen us under Mick. Not Jewell level bad but still very crap.

I can't see how he can come back from this. I shouted at some 'supporters' behind me who were calling Mick and the players c**t's, never known anything like it.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 17:41]
Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 868 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:31 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

All very nice.

However they are a non-league team. It should all be totally irrelevant. We should be beating them even with some reserves or youths, not discussing what went wrong and how we lost 50/50 challenges.

SB

Stokie I agree with you 100%

But I'm on the train home and thought I'd give my thoughts on the game. For me, it all went wrong because we were weak in the middle third.

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:23 - Jan 7 with 774 viewsGunnsAirkick

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:41 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

But I'm on the train home and thought I'd give my thoughts on the game. For me, it all went wrong because we were weak in the middle third.

You know who we missed? Deputy boo boy Skuse.
Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:27 - Jan 7 with 751 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:23 - Jan 7 by GunnsAirkick

You know who we missed? Deputy boo boy Skuse.

We missed Skuse more than anyone definetely

Login to get fewer ads

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 696 viewsEireannach_gorm

Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 17:41 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

In the same way that Skuce/Douglas does not work, neither does Bru/Dozzell.
Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:36 - Jan 7 with 677 viewsjas0999

But will we play any better?! Time will tell!
Monday was a robbery, today we became the thieves on 18:41 - Jan 7 with 639 viewscaught-in-limbo

SB

I agree. If you are described as being "out-muscled", it implies that physicality wins over team skill. I haven't heard much from match reviews to suggest we're a particularly skilful team.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024