Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is so true 12:48 - May 6 with 11178 viewstiptreeblue

A young woman was about to finish her first year of
university. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be
Labour Party minded and she was very much in favour of higher taxes to
support her education and for more government programs in other
words, the redistribution of wealth.
She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch blue-
ribbon Conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the
lectures that she had attended and the occasional chat with a
professor, she felt that her father had for years harboured a selfish
desire to keep what he thought should be his.
One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes
on the rich and the need for more government programs. The
self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors must be the
truth, and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how
she was doing at university.
Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 90%
average and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that
she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly
studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people
she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really
have many university friends because she spent all her time studying.
Her father listened and then asked, How is your friend Audrey
doing?
She replied, Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes,
she never studies and she barely has a 50% average. She
is so popular on campus; university for her is a blast. She's always
invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up
for classes because she's too hung over.
Her wise father asked his daughter, why don't you go to the
Dean's office and ask him to deduct 20% off your average and give it to
your friend who only has 50%. That way you will both have a 70%
average, it would be fair and you would both be equal.
The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back,
That's a crazy idea. How would that be fair? I've worked really hard for my
grades. I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work.
Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played
while I worked my tail off.
The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, Welcome to
the Conservative side of the fence.
If anyone has a better explanation of the difference between
Conservative and Labour, I'm all ears.
If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is
a great test!
If a Conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Labour person doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Labour is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned
for everyone.
If a Conservative is gay, he quietly leads his life.
If a Labour is gay, he demands legislated respect.
If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better
his situation.
Labour wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches
channels.
Labour demand that those they don't like should be banned.
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Labour non-believer wants any mention of God and religion
silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a Conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends
can have a good laugh.
A Labour person will delete it because he's "offended."
This is so true on 12:53 - May 6 with 4152 viewsElderGrizzly

This is pretty accurate right now too

This is so true on 12:53 - May 6 with 4153 viewsSteve_M

When you say true there, I think you mean cliched bollox. Whoever changed it from the US version couldn't even be arsed to do that properly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is so true on 12:53 - May 6 with 4142 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely stupid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is so true on 12:58 - May 6 with 4123 viewstheblueginger

I agreed with the Uni analogy 100%

However, for the latter part you should have changed Labour to one of 'Social Justice Warrior' 'Feminazi' or 'Liberal' appropriately.
This is so true on 13:02 - May 6 with 4092 viewstiptreeblue

This is so true on 12:53 - May 6 by Herbivore

Absolutely stupid.

So, you would work your socks off, then give half the praise to somebody who didn`t give a flying one so they were equal. well, good on you
This is so true on 13:05 - May 6 with 4055 viewsMJallday

the bit that i object to is the seemingly increasing amount of people that seem to be on my social media feeds vilifying anyone for possibly even considering to vote tory - and how the labour is the answer to their problems

life was so much nicer before social media

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

This is so true on 13:07 - May 6 with 4052 viewsIllinoisblue

Simplistic nonsense that will appeal greatly to the hard of thinking.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is so true on 13:14 - May 6 with 3991 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is so true on 12:53 - May 6 by ElderGrizzly

This is pretty accurate right now too

No it's not, Labour would give them Brexit too and probably offer a better post Brexit reality here too for the average person.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

This is so true on 13:15 - May 6 with 3985 viewstiptreeblue

This is so true on 13:07 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

so, i say again you would give up some of what you have worked hard for for a lazy person to look as good as you, that is nonsense is it, good grief,
This is so true on 13:20 - May 6 with 3954 viewsIllinoisblue

This is so true on 13:15 - May 6 by tiptreeblue

so, i say again you would give up some of what you have worked hard for for a lazy person to look as good as you, that is nonsense is it, good grief,

Look, I lean slightly to the right politically but these tiresome virals devoid of facts, context or empathy demean all of us. Life is not as simple as a meme.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is so true on 13:28 - May 6 with 3917 viewsTLA

Whilst the 'young woman' was focussing entirely on her grades to ensure future personal success, Audrey was meeting people and learning about life, which held her in good stead for her future career as a nurse, where she saved countless lives and her bubbly personality kept people upbeat through terrible times.

The 'young woman' however, held on to her grades and became a banker. She pushed buttons that made many wealthy people even richer, including herself. Her father taught her well. She paid as little tax as she could get away with (legally, of course), and the decline of public services didn't bother her; her kids were privately schooled and her family were looked after by private healthcare.

Audrey had respect and made a difference to people's lives and the 'young woman' continued to have few friends but that was fine, she had everything she deserved.

It's fun to play with fiction. The second part of the post is just prejudicial nonsense. Although oddly, the 'young woman' became a vegetarian and Audrey gorged herself on burgers, becoming very popular on those TWTD, without using her real name, of course. Who would have predicted that??
This is so true on 13:28 - May 6 with 3910 viewstiptreeblue

This is so true on 13:20 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Look, I lean slightly to the right politically but these tiresome virals devoid of facts, context or empathy demean all of us. Life is not as simple as a meme.

So sorry if i have ruffled your feathers,
This is so true on 13:30 - May 6 with 3892 viewstiptreeblue

This is so true on 13:28 - May 6 by TLA

Whilst the 'young woman' was focussing entirely on her grades to ensure future personal success, Audrey was meeting people and learning about life, which held her in good stead for her future career as a nurse, where she saved countless lives and her bubbly personality kept people upbeat through terrible times.

The 'young woman' however, held on to her grades and became a banker. She pushed buttons that made many wealthy people even richer, including herself. Her father taught her well. She paid as little tax as she could get away with (legally, of course), and the decline of public services didn't bother her; her kids were privately schooled and her family were looked after by private healthcare.

Audrey had respect and made a difference to people's lives and the 'young woman' continued to have few friends but that was fine, she had everything she deserved.

It's fun to play with fiction. The second part of the post is just prejudicial nonsense. Although oddly, the 'young woman' became a vegetarian and Audrey gorged herself on burgers, becoming very popular on those TWTD, without using her real name, of course. Who would have predicted that??

hopefully Audrey has now stopped most of the drinking then and turn up for her shifts lol
This is so true on 13:35 - May 6 with 3867 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that's total BS.

Assume that was originally written about liberals and was converted to Labour by someone who doesn't really understand what words mean.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is so true on 13:36 - May 6 with 3859 viewsTLA

This is so true on 13:30 - May 6 by tiptreeblue

hopefully Audrey has now stopped most of the drinking then and turn up for her shifts lol

Haha - she has, although she still likes a glass of wine after her 16 hour shifts. She finished uni whilst there were no tuition fees so her debt isn't too bad - it means she can still afford a bottle of Blue Nun now and again!
[Post edited 6 May 2017 13:46]
This is so true on 13:38 - May 6 with 3840 viewsBlueBadger

This is so true on 13:02 - May 6 by tiptreeblue

So, you would work your socks off, then give half the praise to somebody who didn`t give a flying one so they were equal. well, good on you

In all fairness, this is exactly what people do with Phil and Gav...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is so true on 13:39 - May 6 with 3830 viewsBlueBadger

This is so true on 13:35 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Well that's total BS.

Assume that was originally written about liberals and was converted to Labour by someone who doesn't really understand what words mean.

Or indeed, English as a first language.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This is so true on 13:39 - May 6 with 3827 viewsNewcyBlue

I regularly do that, my superiors take the credit for the work I do, for the work my crew do. I have forged most of my crew into a team, they work for and with me. I work for and with them.

There is no higher praise than them telling me that they couldn't have done it without me. There is no higher praise for them than I saying I couldn't have done it without them.

My direct superior and his superior couldn't be farther from this team. They have isolated a lot of people and upset people, they are on the verge of causing a mutiny..

When they try to tell me I have done a good job, I tell them to tell my crew. They don't tell them.

If you are unable to encourage people through various ways, then I suggest you look at yourself first and then look at others next.

Motivation is built quickly, but destroyed in an instant by the wrong people.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This is so true on 13:40 - May 6 with 3826 viewsHerbivore

If you think the Labour party are in favour of literal economic equality then there really isn't any helping you. The analogy doesn't remotely work, it's simplistic, misguided nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is so true on 13:40 - May 6 with 3829 viewsLeoMuff

This is so true on 13:15 - May 6 by tiptreeblue

Using the analogy would you drop your grade 20 % and pass it on to someone who needs Lifesaving surgery ?

taxing higher incomes doesn't just go on welfare does it. However if you are not keen on giving your 20% to someone in dire need you truly are a Tory at heart.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This is so true on 13:42 - May 6 with 3806 viewsBlueBadger

This is so true on 13:40 - May 6 by LeoMuff

Using the analogy would you drop your grade 20 % and pass it on to someone who needs Lifesaving surgery ?

taxing higher incomes doesn't just go on welfare does it. However if you are not keen on giving your 20% to someone in dire need you truly are a Tory at heart.

Plus, if we're talking welfare, the overwhelming majority of it of it is either pensions or in-work benefits. So, what the OP is saying is that he's happy to prop up the profits of large employers, but not fill someone's fridge.

This is so true on 13:44 - May 6 with 3770 viewsJ2BLUE

This is so true on 13:42 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Plus, if we're talking welfare, the overwhelming majority of it of it is either pensions or in-work benefits. So, what the OP is saying is that he's happy to prop up the profits of large employers, but not fill someone's fridge.

The OP has been made a fool of yet thinks he's 'ruffling people's feathers' which fits in perfectly with most of the American right wing 'alternative media'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is so true on 13:46 - May 6 with 3760 viewsBlueBadger

This is so true on 13:44 - May 6 by J2BLUE

The OP has been made a fool of yet thinks he's 'ruffling people's feathers' which fits in perfectly with most of the American right wing 'alternative media'.

It's the Cruncher school of trolling, whereby the OP has cottoned on that they're supposed to make someone look angry and/or stupid, but hasn't realised that it should be other people.

This is so true on 13:48 - May 6 with 3741 viewsBlueBadger

This is so true on 13:07 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

The 'up' votes he's got appear to confirm the theory...
[Post edited 6 May 2017 18:15]

This is so true on 13:48 - May 6 with 3733 viewstiptreeblue

This is so true on 13:39 - May 6 by NewcyBlue

I regularly do that, my superiors take the credit for the work I do, for the work my crew do. I have forged most of my crew into a team, they work for and with me. I work for and with them.

There is no higher praise than them telling me that they couldn't have done it without me. There is no higher praise for them than I saying I couldn't have done it without them.

My direct superior and his superior couldn't be farther from this team. They have isolated a lot of people and upset people, they are on the verge of causing a mutiny..

When they try to tell me I have done a good job, I tell them to tell my crew. They don't tell them.

If you are unable to encourage people through various ways, then I suggest you look at yourself first and then look at others next.

Motivation is built quickly, but destroyed in an instant by the wrong people.

totally agree with you, the people who work for me in my branch are a team, we all work hard together, but if one of them isn`t pulling their weight then they will be told, not praised like the rest, and our bosses understand this. your superiors are taking this credit without you giving it to them so, they are taking it without your consent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024