Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' 09:04 - Jun 8 with 1747 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is the Sky News headline.

I didn't know politicians could vote

So do Corbyn, May etc go and vote for themselves?

What about the Queen? Does she vote?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:06 - Jun 8 with 1732 viewsvapour_trail

Everyone who has a birthday can vote rommers so the queen gets to vote twice. I believe she does postal rather than queue up with the plebs.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:07 - Jun 8 with 1719 viewsWD19

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:06 - Jun 8 by vapour_trail

Everyone who has a birthday can vote rommers so the queen gets to vote twice. I believe she does postal rather than queue up with the plebs.

Its a b*gger for people born on the 29th February. They are only allowed to vote when a GE falls in a leap year.
'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:09 - Jun 8 with 1709 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, of course they do - they're entitled to a vote the same way as everyone else.

The only person who doesn't vote is the Queen.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:12 - Jun 8 with 1692 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:09 - Jun 8 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, of course they do - they're entitled to a vote the same way as everyone else.

The only person who doesn't vote is the Queen.

I thought it was a bit like footballers not being able to bet on their own matches

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:13 - Jun 8 with 1692 viewsGuthrum

Prisoners, lunatics and Members of the House of Lords are the only UK citizens not allowed to vote.

The Queen technically can vote, but never does so, regarding it as constitutionally dubious.

MPs, including the party leaders, are ordinary citizens, same as the rest of us, therefore eligible to vote - even for themselves if registered in their own constituency.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:13 - Jun 8 with 1689 viewsunbelievablue

Well May isn't going to vote for Jezza is she buh?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:15 - Jun 8 with 1682 viewsunbelievablue

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:13 - Jun 8 by Guthrum

Prisoners, lunatics and Members of the House of Lords are the only UK citizens not allowed to vote.

The Queen technically can vote, but never does so, regarding it as constitutionally dubious.

MPs, including the party leaders, are ordinary citizens, same as the rest of us, therefore eligible to vote - even for themselves if registered in their own constituency.

What's the definition of lunatic here?

Also anyone who has been convicted of a crime in relation to a previous election in the past 5 years, interestingly - they might not necessarily be inside.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:19 - Jun 8 with 1669 viewsFtnfwest

well as there's the (slight) potential that her party could form part of the people governing us from tomorrow i suppose, as i surely must have the freedom to do so, i'd better involve myself in the consideration of whether i vote for the SNP or not....oh
Login to get fewer ads

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:20 - Jun 8 with 1658 viewsGuthrum

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:15 - Jun 8 by unbelievablue

What's the definition of lunatic here?

Also anyone who has been convicted of a crime in relation to a previous election in the past 5 years, interestingly - they might not necessarily be inside.

That's true, for got those barred by conviction for electoral malpractice.

Lunatic has an incredibly loose definition (the word "idiot" is also used). In practice, those confined to psychiatric hospitals at the time.

Here is an article on it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/2437878/Idiots-and-lunatics-may-be-give

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:21 - Jun 8 with 1647 viewsfactual_blue

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:13 - Jun 8 by Guthrum

It is probably worth pointing out that the overlap between lunatics and members of the House of Lords has got smaller since most hereditary peers lost their right to sit in the Upper Chamber.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:22 - Jun 8 with 1641 viewsReuser_is_God

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:12 - Jun 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought it was a bit like footballers not being able to bet on their own matches

FFS

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:22 - Jun 8 with 1641 viewsWD19

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:21 - Jun 8 by factual_blue

It is probably worth pointing out that the overlap between lunatics and members of the House of Lords has got smaller since most hereditary peers lost their right to sit in the Upper Chamber.

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:24 - Jun 8 with 1632 viewsGuthrum

'Nicola Sturgeon has cast her vote' on 09:21 - Jun 8 by factual_blue

Tho hereditary peers (apart from the 92) have gained the right to vote and to stand for election to the Commons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024