Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Garner 19:02 - Jun 12 with 2938 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Disappointed to see a lot of people already slate a lad who hasn't even signed yet. Seeing a lot of people mention his goal record; gentle reminder, Daryl Murphy, David McGoldrick, Ryan Fraser and Tom Lawrence's goal records was pretty poor before they joined Ipswich - coaching/confidence improved that. Don't write Garner off yet. An eye for goal doesn't disappear - a goal is a goal in any level of football. It's the movement, spacial awareness and that split second sharpness of reading the game before the defenders at a higher level that makes the difference - that comes with coaching and at 29, there's still bits to improve.

I remember watching him for Preston a few times. He's a player who annoys the defenders. A player who likes to get his body in, be aggressive, be a nuisance and be a bit of a prat in terms of his way about the game. But he does bring good aerial ability (not sure what Terry Butcher is on about in that regard) and is a player who will put in 110%. A proper Mick player. He's a player who I'm sure will become a favourite at Ipswich. Hopefully he's a player who can take 2 defenders away to free up space for our more technical players, eg, McGoldrick. If he can, he we have successfully replaced Murphy, but I think this is as close of a replacement we will get to Daryl Murphy - there's not many of Murphy's calibre out there.

He's a good signing. Give him a chance and don't go by his goal record - because for me, he's scored the best goal I've ever seen. His goal vs Rotherham in a pressure moment - the play offs.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Joey Garner on 19:05 - Jun 12 with 2894 viewsBlueNomad

Get real! This is TWTD. We could sign Griezemann and people would moan it isn't M'Bappe. Or vice versa!
Joey Garner on 19:08 - Jun 12 with 2870 viewsArcher4721

I'm afraid that's how it is with Ipswich supporters now and it's depressing.

They seem to forget where we are right now as a club.
Joey Garner on 19:15 - Jun 12 with 2840 viewsstantheman

Yes, but apart from all that, the thought is he must be rubbish because everyone we sign is. That is until they turn out to be good and then the same posters (basically none of these are actual fans) say they told everyone he would be excellent.
Move on another 4 months and the same player has a bad game and hey presto, he will be rubbish again.
Joey Garner on 19:34 - Jun 12 with 2768 viewsFtnfwest

Fingers crossed for him, hope it works out. Also hope we get a similar fee for pitman if he's going
Joey Garner on 19:46 - Jun 12 with 2715 viewstaximan

Joey Garner on 19:15 - Jun 12 by stantheman

Yes, but apart from all that, the thought is he must be rubbish because everyone we sign is. That is until they turn out to be good and then the same posters (basically none of these are actual fans) say they told everyone he would be excellent.
Move on another 4 months and the same player has a bad game and hey presto, he will be rubbish again.

are you drunk ?
Joey Garner on 19:55 - Jun 12 with 2688 viewsMattinLondon

Of course every true Town fan wants every new signing to be great. I hope that if he does sign then he will score thirty a season.

The only part of your post I had concern with was the 'a proper Mick player'. Dare I say proper Mick players are the reason why we are bang average. We need skill and unpredictability to reach the play-offs and not just 110% players who are more effort than skill.
Joey Garner on 20:04 - Jun 12 with 2654 viewsMark

> Daryl Murphy, David McGoldrick, Ryan Fraser and Tom Lawrence's goal records was pretty poor before they joined Ipswich

They were free transfers and loans, the latter two being young attacking midfielders. The Star are talking about £1M for 29-year-old Garner.
Joey Garner on 20:07 - Jun 12 with 2649 viewsbraveblue

Just going on how badly Rangers fans want rid and a poor goal scoring record. But never mind, we are Ipswich, let's pretend it's brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Garner on 20:24 - Jun 12 with 2605 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Joey Garner on 20:07 - Jun 12 by braveblue

Just going on how badly Rangers fans want rid and a poor goal scoring record. But never mind, we are Ipswich, let's pretend it's brilliant.

I try not to read too much fan reaction I seem to recall most of us wanted rid of Damian Delaney, what did he go on to achieve?
Joey Garner on 21:07 - Jun 12 with 2531 viewsFixed_It

I remember reading on here that we had bought an absolute donkey called Shefki someone once. He worked out much better than the sages of TWTD back in the day would have had you believe...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Joey Garner on 04:24 - Jun 13 with 2345 viewsBenters

Joey Garner on 19:46 - Jun 12 by taximan

are you drunk ?

Just happy drunk you know?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Joey Garner on 04:26 - Jun 13 with 2344 viewsBenters

Joey Garner on 21:07 - Jun 12 by Fixed_It

I remember reading on here that we had bought an absolute donkey called Shefki someone once. He worked out much better than the sages of TWTD back in the day would have had you believe...

We also had a far better club and manager in those days though .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024