Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... 11:22 - Jun 28 with 4457 viewsITFC_Forever

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-charging-decisio

JFT96.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 12:05]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:26 - Jun 28 with 4414 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield charged with gross manslaughter..... I think he knew it was coming from the moment he broke down in the second inquiry.

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:27 - Jun 28 with 4400 viewsSamuelowen88

Anyone able to give a bit of info on who the other are/their roles? Are they all for the cover up?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 4383 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:27 - Jun 28 by Samuelowen88

Anyone able to give a bit of info on who the other are/their roles? Are they all for the cover up?

No, more for the actions before / on the day / immediately after.

The Wes t Midlands police and the cover-up and any charges relating to that will be announced separately at a later date.

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 4383 viewsJohnny_Boy

“I have found that there is sufficient evidence to charge former Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, who was the Match Commander on the day of the disaster, with the manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 men, women and children.”

I was also anticipating charges towards Sheffield Weds in some capacity.
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:29 - Jun 28 with 4368 viewsITFC_Forever

Bettison for four counts of Misconduct in Public Office - mainly the lies immediately after I suspect.

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:30 - Jun 28 with 4352 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:28 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

“I have found that there is sufficient evidence to charge former Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, who was the Match Commander on the day of the disaster, with the manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 men, women and children.”

SWFC Secretary Graham Mackrell charged in relation to contravening a term of condition of a safety certificate contrary to the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 and one offence of failing to take reasonable care for the health and safety of other persons who may have been affected by his acts or omissions at work under the Health and Safety at Work etc.
Act 1974. These offences relate to alleged failures to carry out his duties as required.

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:30 - Jun 28 with 4347 viewsbracknell_blue

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:29 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Forever

Bettison for four counts of Misconduct in Public Office - mainly the lies immediately after I suspect.

Shame they can't posthumously charge old bag Thatcher for her role.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:30 - Jun 28 with 4346 viewsJohnny_Boy

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:27 - Jun 28 by Samuelowen88

Click on the link in the OP

Charges have been authorised against:

· David Duckenfield, who was the Match Commander for South Yorkshire Police on the day of the disaster

· Graham Henry Mackrell, who was Sheffield Wednesday Football Club’s company secretary and safety officer at the time of the disaster in 1989

· Peter Metcalf, the solicitor acting for the South Yorkshire Police during the Taylor Inquiry and the first inquests

· Former Chief Superintendent Donald Denton of South Yorkshire Police

· Former Detective Chief Inspector Alan Foster of South Yorkshire Police

· Norman Bettison, a former officer with South Yorkshire Police and subsequently Chief Constable of Merseyside and West Yorkshire Police
Login to get fewer ads

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:35 - Jun 28 with 4299 viewsLord_Lucan

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:30 - Jun 28 by bracknell_blue

This isn't an inflammatory question but what was her role exactly? Didn't she just act on the information given to her by the police?

I don't know by the way, which is why I ask the question.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:36 - Jun 28 with 4287 viewsEastTownBlue

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:30 - Jun 28 by bracknell_blue

I'm more disappointed that the Chief Constable isn't still alive in this case.
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:37 - Jun 28 with 4275 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:35 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

This isn't an inflammatory question but what was her role exactly? Didn't she just act on the information given to her by the police?

Lagos will be able to explain further, but didn't she support the police and authorities intention to be "creative" with the evidence?

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 4272 viewsJohnny_Boy

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:35 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Quite. She had more than enough rope to hang herself - blaming her for any part of this is a bit amiss.
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:43 - Jun 28 with 4231 viewsBergholtBru

Which was?? precisely what?

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:46 - Jun 28 with 4207 viewsNo9

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:28 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

I understand Sheff Wd's 'safety officer' has been charged
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:47 - Jun 28 with 4196 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:46 - Jun 28 by No9

I understand Sheff Wd's 'safety officer' has been charged

Secretary. The man at the club at the time responsible for up-to-date safety certificates etc.

Hillsboro's ran out years before the disaster.

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 4174 viewsJohnny_Boy

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:47 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Forever

Secretary. The man at the club at the time responsible for up-to-date safety certificates etc.

Hillsboro's ran out years before the disaster.

Yep. The out of date safety certificates were always going to be implied in the inquest.
Whilst not being the single factor for the tragedy, the added accumulation of everything else along with it must (and has been) addressed.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 11:52]
Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 12:04 - Jun 28 with 4131 viewsbluelagos

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 11:37 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Forever

Lagos will be able to explain further, but didn't she support the police and authorities intention to be "creative" with the evidence?

She supported the senior SYP even though the evidence was clear at the time that they were responsible for the deaths.

She over ruled the home Secretary who called for the resignation of the head of SYP after the Taylor inquiry. He (and the SYP) then went on to step up the rewriting of history as they sought to avoid criminal charges.

Peter Wright was even given a gong ffs. She at best "turned a blind eye" to the cover up. And her actions at Orgreave, well we don't know as the Tories refuse to hold an inquiry.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 12:04 - Jun 28 with 4122 viewsnoggin

Hold on, I thought it was drunk scousers that caused it?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 12:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 12:47 - Jun 28 with 4033 viewsbontcho

Just think I should remind people this is a live criminal case, so be careful with comments (i'm sure Phil and Gav will checking).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Duckenfield, Bettison & SWFC Secretary charged (among others).... on 12:48 - Jun 28 with 4025 viewsLord_Lucan

Any chance of some "Bird" for Duckenfield ?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024