Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England U21's 18:31 - Jun 27 with 6242 viewsITFCBlues

Look awful. Regardless of the result here - the fact we're completely unable to pass the ball and keep resorting to long lumps is a damning insight into future of England national side.

Terrible - Germans so much better technically

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

England U21's on 18:35 - Jun 27 with 6215 viewsRIPbobby

100% agree.

As I often say... England is a team of athletes, Germany is a team of Footballers.
England U21's on 18:36 - Jun 27 with 6209 viewsITFCBlues

England U21's on 18:35 - Jun 27 by RIPbobby

100% agree.

As I often say... England is a team of athletes, Germany is a team of Footballers.

Took the lead then resorted to lumping it long. Miles away from being competitive

England U21's on 18:40 - Jun 27 with 6191 viewsRIPbobby

England U21's on 18:36 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

Took the lead then resorted to lumping it long. Miles away from being competitive

It breaks my heart to see our best players at this age playing like this. Why oh why is Aidy Boothroyd in charge? I think he has trouble passing wind let alone a Football.

This reminds me of the FA youth Cup win over Saints. Best team did not win that day.
England U21's on 18:42 - Jun 27 with 6178 viewsITFCBlues

England U21's on 18:40 - Jun 27 by RIPbobby

It breaks my heart to see our best players at this age playing like this. Why oh why is Aidy Boothroyd in charge? I think he has trouble passing wind let alone a Football.

This reminds me of the FA youth Cup win over Saints. Best team did not win that day.

Is it Boothroyd or just the lack of technical players? Doesn't help that all these players never play for their clubs

England U21's on 18:46 - Jun 27 with 6159 viewsJakeITFC

Think they are all capable in possession, and have shown that at times, but there just seems to be a natural English tendency to sit back and go direct when under pressure.

There is a lot of talent in this side, the seniors and the younger age categories, so it's about giving them belief to play a better style of football, because the ability is undoubtedly there.
England U21's on 18:47 - Jun 27 with 6150 viewsSwansea_Blue

England U21's on 18:42 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

Is it Boothroyd or just the lack of technical players? Doesn't help that all these players never play for their clubs

It's their shape and desire in this game. Plenty of game experience out there. several PL regulars, several championship regulars.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England U21's on 18:49 - Jun 27 with 6132 viewschristiand

The two best teams are in the next semi final. Germany couldn't get near the Italians in the last game or create any chances. Spain and Italy will be a step up in ability and style of play. The commentators were saying collectively the Italian squad has 1000 Serie A appearances between them. Wonder how many our boys have in the Premier League?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 18:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

England U21's on 18:57 - Jun 27 with 6085 viewsITFCBlues

England U21's on 18:46 - Jun 27 by JakeITFC

Think they are all capable in possession, and have shown that at times, but there just seems to be a natural English tendency to sit back and go direct when under pressure.

There is a lot of talent in this side, the seniors and the younger age categories, so it's about giving them belief to play a better style of football, because the ability is undoubtedly there.

The younger age groups most certainly. It just starts to fall down when the players don't get a chance with their clubs. That experience is invaluable

Login to get fewer ads

England U21's on 18:58 - Jun 27 with 6076 viewsITFCBlues

England U21's on 18:47 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

It's their shape and desire in this game. Plenty of game experience out there. several PL regulars, several championship regulars.

Stats before the game said different. 530 odd top level appearances for England - over double that for Germany

England U21's on 19:00 - Jun 27 with 6067 viewsFtnfwest

Everyone's better than us technically, except Scotland
England U21's on 19:17 - Jun 27 with 6007 viewsSwansea_Blue

England U21's on 18:58 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

Stats before the game said different. 530 odd top level appearances for England - over double that for Germany

There are still a lot of players with experience and game time this season though.

Pickford - PL regular
Mawson - PL regular
Holgate - over 20 games PL/cup last season
Ward-Prowse - PL regular
Baker - dutch league regular
Redmond - PL regular
Abraham, Hughes - full seasons in Championship
Chambers - over 20 games in Championship

There's only a few who haven't had pretty full seasons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England U21's on 19:22 - Jun 27 with 5977 viewsJakeITFC

England U21's on 18:57 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

The younger age groups most certainly. It just starts to fall down when the players don't get a chance with their clubs. That experience is invaluable

Completely agree.
England U21's on 19:38 - Jun 27 with 5915 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gone to penalties

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

England U21's on 19:39 - Jun 27 with 5906 viewsBluefish

Left footer to miss?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

England U21's on 19:45 - Jun 27 with 5866 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Redmond you cock

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

England U21's on 19:45 - Jun 27 with 5857 viewsBluefish

England U21's on 19:45 - Jun 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Redmond you cock

He'll always be scum

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

England U21's on 19:48 - Jun 27 with 5830 viewsCrock

England U21's on 18:49 - Jun 27 by christiand

The two best teams are in the next semi final. Germany couldn't get near the Italians in the last game or create any chances. Spain and Italy will be a step up in ability and style of play. The commentators were saying collectively the Italian squad has 1000 Serie A appearances between them. Wonder how many our boys have in the Premier League?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 18:50]

Italy were not any better than Germany in their game. Italy got a goal because of a horrible pass by Toljan and Germany didn't try very hard to get a goal since they were through anyway.

Poll: Favourite number?

England U21's on 19:58 - Jun 27 with 5806 viewschristiand

England U21's on 19:48 - Jun 27 by Crock

Italy were not any better than Germany in their game. Italy got a goal because of a horrible pass by Toljan and Germany didn't try very hard to get a goal since they were through anyway.

If Italy had won 2-0, Germany were out. The Italians were a far superior side, they cut Germany open numerous times and played the superior football. It was only towards the last 15 minutes that they became a little defensive, so not to concede as Italy would've been knocked out then!

England U21's on 20:02 - Jun 27 with 5782 viewsCrock

England U21's on 19:58 - Jun 27 by christiand

If Italy had won 2-0, Germany were out. The Italians were a far superior side, they cut Germany open numerous times and played the superior football. It was only towards the last 15 minutes that they became a little defensive, so not to concede as Italy would've been knocked out then!

If it had ended 1-1 Italy would have been out. It was an even and unspectacular game.

Poll: Favourite number?

England U21's on 20:06 - Jun 27 with 5774 viewschristiand

England U21's on 20:02 - Jun 27 by Crock

If it had ended 1-1 Italy would have been out. It was an even and unspectacular game.

Look you've got your opinion and I've got mine we won't agree on this, but I reckon the winner of this tournament will be either Spain or Italy.

England U21's on 23:02 - Jun 27 with 5597 viewsbournemouthblue

It's almost like Aidy Boothroyd is their manager :p

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024