Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reckon we still need a few in the door lads 11:41 - Jun 29 with 4102 viewschicoazul

A centre half, another forward and maybe another wide player (said wide player would be about the 800th winger Mick has signed).
I know this will be an unpopular call but I dont rate Chambers that much, if anything he seems worse at CB than RB. Smith is never really going to improve now so we do need a Berra replacement.
If Pitman is being totally bombed out then we need a 4th forward to compete with Sears McG and Garner.
Maybe Ward can make the right side his spot but he seems more and more like a number 8 now.

SUQs

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 4073 viewsSteve_M

Chambers was pretty poor in odd games in central defence in 2015 and 16 but since he's been playing there regularly he has looked a lot better. He's also good enough on the ball (i.e. a lot better than Berra) to be comfortable playing in a three if Webster is in there too.

The other two points I tend to agree.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 4065 viewsReuser_is_God

We need another 4/5 good Championship players to be capable of top 6.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 4041 viewsBluebell

Why do you think Smith is never going to improve? He has just been playing for his country so he can't be that bad!

Before he got injured he was very good playing alongside Berra bearing in mind he is left footed but made to play on the right of Berra.

To be honest he would be one of the first players I would pick in the team.
Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 4037 viewschicoazul

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:46 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Chambers was pretty poor in odd games in central defence in 2015 and 16 but since he's been playing there regularly he has looked a lot better. He's also good enough on the ball (i.e. a lot better than Berra) to be comfortable playing in a three if Webster is in there too.

The other two points I tend to agree.

Do you see us carrying on with 3 at the back? I dont. Webster is an automatic if he is fit so it's about finding someone alongside him. I dunno man, Chambers just seems a bit lightweight and we have Webster to do the fancy stuff like passing to a blue shirt so I believe we need a meathead alongside him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 4030 viewshype313

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:46 - Jun 29 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:52 - Jun 29 with 4027 viewschicoazul

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:50 - Jun 29 by Bluebell

Why do you think Smith is never going to improve? He has just been playing for his country so he can't be that bad!

Before he got injured he was very good playing alongside Berra bearing in mind he is left footed but made to play on the right of Berra.

To be honest he would be one of the first players I would pick in the team.

I like him but I cant help but think he is as good as he will ever be and that we wont get anywhere with him at centre half. Hope to be proven wrong as there is nothing we all like more than to see our home grown players in the team but Smith is slow, has a mistake in him, gets bullied and isnt very good with the ball at his feet.

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 4015 viewschicoazul

Not sure. We only had 2 or 3 good players when we got playoffs last time.

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:54 - Jun 29 with 4001 viewsxrayspecs

I agree. A target man, wide player and CB - all must be proven at this level.

I also agree about Chambers. You can not doubt his commitment, I do feel he is less of a liability as a RB than CB.
Login to get fewer ads

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:02 - Jun 29 with 3969 viewsReuser_is_God

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:53 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Not sure. We only had 2 or 3 good players when we got playoffs last time.

Murph
McG
Sears
Berra
Mings
Bishop
Bart

That's 7.

Then the rest complimented that core superbly.

Evans out

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:16 - Jun 29 with 3882 viewsStowTractorBoy

Agree with most of your post but believe Chambers best position is at centre back. He does not have the pace to be a full back and many times last season he was strongly criticised and lambasted on here when giving goals away in that position. I am still angry that we let Berra go for nothing when he still had a year on his contract and can only assume it was a goodwill gesture on the part of the Club. In my opinion we need a like for like replacement for Berra and I don't believe Smith is the man for that job. Like others I like the guy, but he is not the battering ram we need and as mentioned on this topic always has a mistake in him.
Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:17 - Jun 29 with 3879 viewsTIB

Agree. RB. x2 CM. RM/RW and an ST.

RB dependant if Emmanuel does go out on loan, leading to Spence being able to cover centrally and us bringing in a loanee who is an out-and-out RB.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:19 - Jun 29 with 3854 viewsReuser_is_God

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:17 - Jun 29 by TIB

Agree. RB. x2 CM. RM/RW and an ST.

RB dependant if Emmanuel does go out on loan, leading to Spence being able to cover centrally and us bringing in a loanee who is an out-and-out RB.

Also a GK should Bart leave.

Evans out

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:21 - Jun 29 with 3831 viewsReuser_is_God

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:50 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Do you see us carrying on with 3 at the back? I dont. Webster is an automatic if he is fit so it's about finding someone alongside him. I dunno man, Chambers just seems a bit lightweight and we have Webster to do the fancy stuff like passing to a blue shirt so I believe we need a meathead alongside him.

I hope we don't.

Let's get back to basics & doing what we're good at.

Evans out

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:33 - Jun 29 with 3786 viewschristiand

The centre back is Taylor, if he can prove his fitness. I am going to go completely against what I have said about MM in the past, regarding ex Wolves players, perhaps Kightly could be the answer as another winger? I wonder if Pitman will go? Think we need 4 decent strikers at this level McGoldrick, Sears, Garner and.........

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 14:30 - Jun 29 with 3629 viewsTheBlueBarca

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 11:50 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

I don't understand why people rate Webster that highly, aside from the first few games he was an absolute travesty at the back last season and one of the reasons we were losing points and games. He and Berra were like watching a comedy duo at times, falling over, losing men, passing straight to the opposition... it was a disorganised farce.

Just because he's young doesn't give him a get out free jail card for some of those performances last season, in fact Berra looked 20 times better once Webster was injured and were actually able to hold games again. I don't believe it was coincidence that results generally improved after he was out.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 14:31]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 14:33 - Jun 29 with 3610 viewsSteve_M

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 14:30 - Jun 29 by TheBlueBarca

I don't understand why people rate Webster that highly, aside from the first few games he was an absolute travesty at the back last season and one of the reasons we were losing points and games. He and Berra were like watching a comedy duo at times, falling over, losing men, passing straight to the opposition... it was a disorganised farce.

Just because he's young doesn't give him a get out free jail card for some of those performances last season, in fact Berra looked 20 times better once Webster was injured and were actually able to hold games again. I don't believe it was coincidence that results generally improved after he was out.

Wibble.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 15:15 - Jun 29 with 3536 viewsLankHenners

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 14:30 - Jun 29 by TheBlueBarca

You know when someone writes something so divvy it's not worth the effort to type out a proper reply? Yeah, that.

I will say one thing - we gained fewer points after Webster was injured than when he was fit. Sorry.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 15:40 - Jun 29 with 3491 viewsGeoffSentence

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 15:15 - Jun 29 by LankHenners

You know when someone writes something so divvy it's not worth the effort to type out a proper reply? Yeah, that.

I will say one thing - we gained fewer points after Webster was injured than when he was fit. Sorry.

33 points with him v ersus 22 without him
or
30 points with him versus 25 without

Depending if you count his 1 minute shift against Preston when we won, and his 9 minute appearance against Forest when we lost.

Either way, it is true, more points with him than without him last year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 16:06 - Jun 29 with 3444 viewschicoazul

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 12:33 - Jun 29 by christiand

The centre back is Taylor, if he can prove his fitness. I am going to go completely against what I have said about MM in the past, regarding ex Wolves players, perhaps Kightly could be the answer as another winger? I wonder if Pitman will go? Think we need 4 decent strikers at this level McGoldrick, Sears, Garner and.........

Feels like we have enough sicknotes/'unlucky' players already.

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 17:00 - Jun 29 with 3394 viewsdirtyboy

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 15:40 - Jun 29 by GeoffSentence

33 points with him v ersus 22 without him
or
30 points with him versus 25 without

Depending if you count his 1 minute shift against Preston when we won, and his 9 minute appearance against Forest when we lost.

Either way, it is true, more points with him than without him last year.

I think it's important we review this.....

so working on the lower number, 5 points more, in the 15 games he played.

5/15 x the 31 games he should have played is a further 10 points

Which would have put us on a theoretical 65 points....WHICH....

.....was still outside the play off positions by 15 points lol!

Still worth mentioning, we're not bad defensively, never have been, our defence was better than reading and huddersfield, I think we know what our weakness is and discussing the merits of Webster isn't really worth worrying about.
Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 17:08 - Jun 29 with 3381 viewschristiand

Reckon we still need a few in the door lads on 16:06 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

Feels like we have enough sicknotes/'unlucky' players already.

Taylor would be an excellent signing 'IF' he can stay fit. His experience, positional play and organisational skills would improve us massively at the back .Got my fingers crossed that a good pre-season is just the tonic he needs to stay injury free.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024