Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latitude 10:38 - Sep 6 with 7077 viewsSWGF

Morning campers. Mrs SWGF wants to go next year as she nears a birthday milestone.

Just looked at tickets for "glamping" as I won't be sleeping in the middle of a field...TWO THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS for three nights in a tent AND THEY'RE SOLD OUT?!

#brokenbritain

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Latitude on 10:46 - Sep 6 with 7055 viewsITFC_Forever

The game's gone.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Latitude on 11:17 - Sep 6 with 7009 viewsGeoffSentence

How about hiring a camper van for the weekend

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Latitude on 12:23 - Sep 6 with 6961 viewsBaltachaFanClub

There are loads of different options each year, I would wait and see what other mental ideas they come up with, the "yurtel" and the bell tents were very popular a few years ago, and the wooden lodges (don't know what they are called) this year came with shower, fridge, TV and proper bed.

But I like my tent.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Latitude on 12:39 - Sep 6 with 6928 viewsDubtractor

Latitude on 12:23 - Sep 6 by BaltachaFanClub

There are loads of different options each year, I would wait and see what other mental ideas they come up with, the "yurtel" and the bell tents were very popular a few years ago, and the wooden lodges (don't know what they are called) this year came with shower, fridge, TV and proper bed.

But I like my tent.

Problem was this year that Friday aside the line up was rubbish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Latitude on 12:49 - Sep 6 with 6912 viewsSWGF

Latitude on 11:17 - Sep 6 by GeoffSentence

How about hiring a camper van for the weekend

Yeah. That's what I've been looking into this morning.

(Buying one and renting it out looks like it could be a money spinner...)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Latitude on 12:51 - Sep 6 with 6898 viewsSWGF

Latitude on 12:39 - Sep 6 by Dubtractor

Problem was this year that Friday aside the line up was rubbish.

I have pointed that out to my better half but I am hoping it won't be as bad next year... Or I'll be getting my money's worth out of my yurt!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 12:52]

Latitude on 14:48 - Sep 6 with 6814 viewschicoazul

haha good grief, is that really how much it costs? That's insane. You could book a Travelodge in Ipswich and a limo to take you there and back for less.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Latitude on 14:50 - Sep 6 with 6810 viewsReuser_is_God

Latitude on 10:46 - Sep 6 by ITFC_Forever

The game's gone.

Against Modern Festivals

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Latitude on 14:55 - Sep 6 with 6801 viewsWeWereZombies

Only went to Latitude once, 2006 I think. Great acts but Festival Republic were responsible for the torrent of sh1te that they claimed was organisation. If you want a nice friendly little festival with lots going on try FolkEast - what ever mode of camping you do you can pull into the campsite and pitch your tent by the car, or park your campervan or caravan, yards from the festival entrance. And two beer tents, everything £3 a pint - the Grain Brewery's 'Summer Dream' sold out very quickly. As I mentioned in Dubtractor's thread, if the couple of hundred yards between beer tents is too much there is 'The Halfway House', a little shed with one bemused bloke serving Lowestoft's 'Green Jack' from the one cask there is room for.

Why isn't FolkEast on every weekend, that's what I want to know...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Latitude on 16:10 - Sep 6 with 6747 views12th_Man

I work there and get in for Free

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Latitude on 22:31 - Sep 6 with 6614 viewsBLUEBEAT

Latitude on 14:50 - Sep 6 by Reuser_is_God

Against Modern Festivals

Come to http://thetripout.co.uk next week.

It's an old style festival in modern times.

Poll: W or W

Latitude on 22:35 - Sep 6 with 6609 viewsSuperfrans

Yes. It's nuts. Rent a cottage nearby and drive in every day. Much cheaper.

Or, if you can bear it (and have kids), camp in family camping, go with 2/3 other families and you'll love it. We've been going for 10 years, wouldn't miss it for anything,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Latitude on 22:36 - Sep 6 with 6602 viewsSuperfrans

Latitude on 14:55 - Sep 6 by WeWereZombies

Only went to Latitude once, 2006 I think. Great acts but Festival Republic were responsible for the torrent of sh1te that they claimed was organisation. If you want a nice friendly little festival with lots going on try FolkEast - what ever mode of camping you do you can pull into the campsite and pitch your tent by the car, or park your campervan or caravan, yards from the festival entrance. And two beer tents, everything £3 a pint - the Grain Brewery's 'Summer Dream' sold out very quickly. As I mentioned in Dubtractor's thread, if the couple of hundred yards between beer tents is too much there is 'The Halfway House', a little shed with one bemused bloke serving Lowestoft's 'Green Jack' from the one cask there is room for.

It's brilliantly organised these days.

We went to Boardmasters this summer too. Never again. A car crash of organisation.

Latitude on 22:39 - Sep 6 with 6598 viewsSuperfrans

Latitude on 12:51 - Sep 6 by SWGF

I have pointed that out to my better half but I am hoping it won't be as bad next year... Or I'll be getting my money's worth out of my yurt!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 12:52]

Latitude is much more than just the music line-up alone though. The beauty of it is the range of options from music, comedy, literary tent, ballet/dance etc etc.

Latitude on 22:43 - Sep 6 with 6592 viewsWeWereZombies

Latitude on 22:36 - Sep 6 by Superfrans

It's brilliantly organised these days.

We went to Boardmasters this summer too. Never again. A car crash of organisation.

I heard they had kicked Festival Republic out and I guess I should give it another go...but is the beer £3 a pint?

Latitude on 22:46 - Sep 6 with 6587 viewsSuperfrans

Latitude on 22:43 - Sep 6 by WeWereZombies

I heard they had kicked Festival Republic out and I guess I should give it another go...but is the beer £3 a pint?

Boardmasters kicked FR out? They certainly weren't involved.

But Latitude is still FR. it's the baby of Melvin Benn, who runs FR.

And, no, the beer isn't £3 a pint. Sadly.

Latitude on 23:18 - Sep 6 with 6556 viewsjaykay

Latitude on 14:55 - Sep 6 by WeWereZombies

the maverick festival is a good week end. tiny by by festival standards but enjoyable

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Latitude on 07:43 - Sep 7 with 6484 viewsDubtractor

Latitude on 22:39 - Sep 6 by Superfrans

Latitude is much more than just the music line-up alone though. The beauty of it is the range of options from music, comedy, literary tent, ballet/dance etc etc.

It does feel as though it is moving away from the festival I've loved since 2007 though.

Music gets safer and safer each year, corporate creep was all over the place this year, poetry tent scrapped.

Have you ever tried Green man festival? It puts Latitude to shame in many ways.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Latitude on 11:50 - Sep 7 with 6419 viewsSuperfrans

Latitude on 07:43 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

It does feel as though it is moving away from the festival I've loved since 2007 though.

Music gets safer and safer each year, corporate creep was all over the place this year, poetry tent scrapped.

Have you ever tried Green man festival? It puts Latitude to shame in many ways.

No, haven't tried Green Man. But heard good things.

That said, I'd heard good things about Boardmasters but it was a bit of a nightmare in a number of ways.

Latitude always seems to be a really strong combination of good organisation, decent music line-up, plenty of other things to see and do. I never went to the poetry tent tbh, and thought merging it with the Literary Tent was a logical move.

And, overall, compared to Boardmasters (where you had to pay extra to park, extra for decent loos/showers, extra for buses into Fistral etc) it was good value, given what is included.

Latitude on 12:14 - Sep 7 with 6398 viewsDubtractor

Latitude on 11:50 - Sep 7 by Superfrans

That said, I'd heard good things about Boardmasters but it was a bit of a nightmare in a number of ways.

Latitude always seems to be a really strong combination of good organisation, decent music line-up, plenty of other things to see and do. I never went to the poetry tent tbh, and thought merging it with the Literary Tent was a logical move.

And, overall, compared to Boardmasters (where you had to pay extra to park, extra for decent loos/showers, extra for buses into Fistral etc) it was good value, given what is included.

I know someone who went to boardmasters and said it was terrible for all the reasons you suggest.

Latitude is still a good festival, and gets an awful lot right, but I've been to green man and end of the road in the last few weeks and it was a stark reminder of where Latitude is lacking.

Latitude on 12:35 - Sep 7 with 6377 viewsWeWereZombies

Latitude on 22:46 - Sep 6 by Superfrans

Boardmasters kicked FR out? They certainly weren't involved.

But Latitude is still FR. it's the baby of Melvin Benn, who runs FR.

And, no, the beer isn't £3 a pint. Sadly.

Ah, I misheard that Latitude had dumped Festival Republic then - will continue to give it a wide berth. Plenty of other great festivals cheaper and nicer.

Latitude on 12:38 - Sep 7 with 6371 viewsITFC_Forever

Latitude on 11:50 - Sep 7 by Superfrans

Beautiful Days in Devon is another which is supposed to be decent - no corporate creep and the Levellers arrange it themselves, so there's some excellent 90s bands usually on.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Latitude on 12:43 - Sep 7 with 6361 viewsWeWereZombies

Latitude on 23:18 - Sep 6 by jaykay

the maverick festival is a good week end. tiny by by festival standards but enjoyable

I've certainly noticed it and thought about it but a bit worried that it will be Bob Harris Country (which I'm fine with for an hour) extended over three days. I was surprised how much I enjoyed camping and bumbling around the festival site just casually chatting to people at WOMAD and FolkEast this year, also WOMAD was very participative - I sang with The Spooky Men's Chorale (not just me, about three hundred other sad old blokes) and managed twenty minutes of a reggae dance class, FolkEast had a lot of good local produce - not just the beer but Alder Tree's fruity ice cream, the Truly Traceable stuff and a fish supper for £6, very acceptable by festival standards. And a festival with boat building, gardener's question time and a working forge. My brother-in-law even managed to get involved in some mad workshop about sleeping in trees...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024