Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election 11:56 - Sep 28 with 6609 viewsSteve_M

Hmmm, what could they have done to prepare better? She is so utterly fecking useless.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/government-and-public-sector/news/89351/exc

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 11:58 - Sep 28 with 4615 viewsNo9

Well, she only has herself to blame?
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 11:58 - Sep 28 with 4641 viewsElderGrizzly

If only she could track down the idiot who called a snap election..
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:02 - Sep 28 with 4621 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Cameron should have stayed and used the referendum vote to try and reform our EU membership rather than actually leave.

He would have failed in the long run though, same as Theresa or Jeremy will if they try for anything other than in or out.
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:03 - Sep 28 with 4597 viewsNo9

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:02 - Sep 28 by FrowsyArmLarry

Cameron should have stayed and used the referendum vote to try and reform our EU membership rather than actually leave.

He would have failed in the long run though, same as Theresa or Jeremy will if they try for anything other than in or out.

Cameron wanted to leave - read Steve Hilton
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:03 - Sep 28 with 4617 viewsSWGF

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 11:58 - Sep 28 by ElderGrizzly

If only she could track down the idiot who called a snap election..

She's next to the woman who triggered Article 50 even though we were woefully underprepared.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:08 - Sep 28 with 4598 viewshype313

Deary me, if she was a horse she would be shot.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:09 - Sep 28 with 4596 viewsElderGrizzly

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:03 - Sep 28 by SWGF

She's next to the woman who triggered Article 50 even though we were woefully underprepared.

F*ck me. There's two of them?
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:24 - Sep 28 with 4563 viewsGlasgowBlue

A problem entirely of her own making. As I understand it only her, Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill had any idea there was going to be a general election.

Central office was under-prepared. At least a third of the seats the Tories fought hadn't even selected candidates.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:26 - Sep 28 with 4543 viewshype313

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:24 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

A problem entirely of her own making. As I understand it only her, Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill had any idea there was going to be a general election.

Central office was under-prepared. At least a third of the seats the Tories fought hadn't even selected candidates.

Yet she's still in charge, show you how much lack of talent there is, if she's the best they have.

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:28 - Sep 28 with 4541 viewsEastTownBlue

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:24 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

David Davis apparently was very influential in the calling of the election.

Thankfully the nation's future is not in his hands ... oh.
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:29 - Sep 28 with 4527 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:26 - Sep 28 by hype313

Yet she's still in charge, show you how much lack of talent there is, if she's the best they have.

She is still in charge because the alternative would be another election. It's not so much that there is a lack of talent, although that may well be the case, but the fear of a Corbyn premiership.

That is all that is stopping a full blown Tory civil war.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 12:32]

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:35 - Sep 28 with 4500 viewsSteve_M

I see Timothy has been blaming anyone but himself and May in the last week or two too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:35 - Sep 28 with 4498 viewslowhouseblue

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:29 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

She is still in charge because the alternative would be another election. It's not so much that there is a lack of talent, although that may well be the case, but the fear of a Corbyn premiership.

politics has seldom been so miserable. on one side we have an anti-capitalist revivalist cult and on the other we have theresa may. it really could all go so terribly wrong.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 4487 viewsBOjK

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:29 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

Of course there wouldn't be another election if the leadership changed. Assuming she goes in a couple of years there won't be then either.

She's been persuaded to make the best of Brexit and pass the baton to someone else who can blame the mess on the last two Prime Ministers.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 13:56 - Sep 28 with 4366 viewsArcher4721

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:35 - Sep 28 by lowhouseblue

politics has seldom been so miserable. on one side we have an anti-capitalist revivalist cult and on the other we have theresa may. it really could all go so terribly wrong.

I can remember (not too long ago) how really miserable it was.On one side we had The Blue Tories and on the other side we had The Red Tories.

Riveting wasn't it.
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:17 - Sep 28 with 4340 viewsTonyj

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 13:56 - Sep 28 by Archer4721

I can remember (not too long ago) how really miserable it was.On one side we had The Blue Tories and on the other side we had The Red Tories.

Riveting wasn't it.

Well personally, I'm really enjoying our current choice between sh1t or bust. Boo to the boring old days of relative stability and compromise.
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:20 - Sep 28 with 4327 viewshype313

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:17 - Sep 28 by Tonyj

Well personally, I'm really enjoying our current choice between sh1t or bust. Boo to the boring old days of relative stability and compromise.

Yep, I keep hearing people say we now have a proper divide, a real difference between the two and choice.

Trouble is, it's like choosing between Dysentery and Cholera.

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:32 - Sep 28 with 4301 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 12:41 - Sep 28 by BOjK

Of course there wouldn't be another election if the leadership changed. Assuming she goes in a couple of years there won't be then either.

She's been persuaded to make the best of Brexit and pass the baton to someone else who can blame the mess on the last two Prime Ministers.

The Tories don't have a working majority and currently rely on DUP support. A new leader may not be as accommodating to that deal. Also any likely leadership contest would pitch Brexiteer against remainer and tear the parliamentary party apart. They wouldn't be able to function as a government.

May is serving at the pleasure of her cabinet and they are holding an uneasy truce for a couple of years.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:34 - Sep 28 with 4287 viewshype313

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:32 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

The Tories don't have a working majority and currently rely on DUP support. A new leader may not be as accommodating to that deal. Also any likely leadership contest would pitch Brexiteer against remainer and tear the parliamentary party apart. They wouldn't be able to function as a government.

May is serving at the pleasure of her cabinet and they are holding an uneasy truce for a couple of years.

That ball is precariously looking like it is coming out of the back of the scrum for Boris...

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:40 - Sep 28 with 4274 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:34 - Sep 28 by hype313

That ball is precariously looking like it is coming out of the back of the scrum for Boris...

If Boris makes the final two then I'd say he is odds on to win it. But the Parliamentary party will do anything to stop that happening.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 15:39 - Sep 28 with 4207 viewsNo9

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:40 - Sep 28 by GlasgowBlue

If Boris makes the final two then I'd say he is odds on to win it. But the Parliamentary party will do anything to stop that happening.

Didn't you forecast Mr Gove to be the leader before Mrs May was shoehorned in?

Nest of vipers
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 15:43 - Sep 28 with 4200 viewschicoazul

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 13:56 - Sep 28 by Archer4721

Riveting wasn't it.

You mean the Marxists and the Marxists.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 15:47 - Sep 28 with 4186 viewschicoazul

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 14:20 - Sep 28 by hype313

Yep, I keep hearing people say we now have a proper divide, a real difference between the two and choice.

Trouble is, it's like choosing between Dysentery and Cholera.

It may be that the Tories look at Corbyn and think they can't beat him from the middle and so select a real social conservative as their next leader rather than a Blairite. David Davies for instance.
But let's remember, the Tories got a huge vote in the last election. Their vote is out there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 16:17 - Sep 28 with 4147 viewsNo9

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 15:47 - Sep 28 by chicoazul

It may be that the Tories look at Corbyn and think they can't beat him from the middle and so select a real social conservative as their next leader rather than a Blairite. David Davies for instance.
But let's remember, the Tories got a huge vote in the last election. Their vote is out there.

for instance david davis is making such a botch of the EU that he probably won't get in any party after this - the bloke really is incompetent
Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 16:43 - Sep 28 with 4129 viewsconnorscontract

Theresa May says Tories weren't prepared for the General Election on 15:47 - Sep 28 by chicoazul

Look at the demographics. Every year that passes proportionately more Tory voters die (National Service generation) and proportionately more Labour voters pass the age of majority (motivated young people who are livid that their future has been taken from them with the Brexit vote).

If May goes full term then the Tories will lose. If May is replaced soon, but a General Election is triggered in the fall-out (say May and 5 or 6 of her inner circle not turning up for a vote, or the DUP feeling it is a matter of principle that the Electorate vote for the new PM) then it will come down to public perception of the new leader.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024