Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damn this NFL injury does not look good 03:14 - Dec 5 with 1710 viewsIllinoisblue

Possibly paralyzed from the waist down: https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ryan-shazier-carted-off-after-apparent-severe

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 03:33 - Dec 5 with 1684 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I was wondering why he only had me 2 tackles in my fantasy team

Ouch

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 06:18 - Dec 5 with 1642 viewschristiand

Confirmed as a spinal contusion injury, but thankfully expected to make a full recovery.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 09:21 - Dec 5 with 1537 viewsbritbiker

Pretty scary when things like this happen. There are several each week but usually you see some movement of the legs even though the medics stabilise the head. Hopefully like a previous poster said he will make a full recovery.

I quit rugby when I made a tackle and I felt an electric shock go down my neck and spine. It happened again the following week and stopped me in my tracks. I gave up the sport from then. Probably poor tackling technique rather than anything else.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:22]
Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 09:25 - Dec 5 with 1526 viewstcblue

Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 09:21 - Dec 5 by britbiker

Pretty scary when things like this happen. There are several each week but usually you see some movement of the legs even though the medics stabilise the head. Hopefully like a previous poster said he will make a full recovery.

I quit rugby when I made a tackle and I felt an electric shock go down my neck and spine. It happened again the following week and stopped me in my tracks. I gave up the sport from then. Probably poor tackling technique rather than anything else.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:22]

You're possibly describing a 'stinger' and you absolutely did the right thing in quitting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinger_(medicine)

I've had slightly too many of them over the years and that's why I don't play contact sports competitively anymore :(
Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 09:39 - Dec 5 with 1506 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just watching the game now.

To see him testing whether he had feeling in his arm but then seeing him not be able to move his legs was really sad to see. He must've assumed he'd been paralysed.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Damn this NFL injury does not look good on 09:41 - Dec 5 with 1498 viewschicoazul

Fuarrrrrk. Just gets his head in the wrong position, hitting that guy head first must have been like diving into the shallow end of a pool. He knows he's done himself immediately. Hope he recovers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024