Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players released into the ether... 16:14 - Dec 7 with 3469 viewsSwailsey

Reading an article about Ben Thatcher today got me thinking...

Perhaps it's just because I'm more aware of it, but we seem to have had a number of players in recent years who were still very capable of having a career leave us, never to play again.

It just seems rather odd?

Ben Thatcher
Jay Tabb
Jaime Peters
Alan Quinn

Any others?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Players released into the ether... on 16:22 - Dec 7 with 3428 viewsITFC_Forever

Mick's fault. He ruins careers.

Ask Freddie Sears.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Players released into the ether... on 16:31 - Dec 7 with 3403 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Jonathan Douglas
Players released into the ether... on 16:38 - Dec 7 with 3385 viewsNo9

Jonathan Douglas
Players released into the ether... on 16:43 - Dec 7 with 3372 viewsiamipswich

There was a picture doing the rounds the other day showing that Jay Tabb plays for a club Rugby team now.

Surprising as looked like he could still do a decent job at Championship level.

Also nicest player I've ever met (closely followed by Tommy Smith). Couldn't shrug him off in Dusseldorf, he just wanted to talk about golf!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 16:43]

Poll: Who will return first?

on 16:52 - Dec 7 with 3341 views_

Players released into the ether... on 16:31 - Dec 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Jonathan Douglas

Players released into the ether... on 16:54 - Dec 7 with 3333 viewsconnorscontract

Stephen Hunt. He was a key part of the Play Off team, was released and was next seen as a tv pundit when he was begging one of the managers on the panel for a trial. Sad to see and totally inexplicable.
Players released into the ether... on 16:56 - Dec 7 with 3324 viewsrickw

on 16:52 - Dec 7 by _

I thought Douglas could play elsewhere as an experienced head in midfield just behind a couple of youngsters to do his running for him....

Tabb I'm not sure about at Championship level, he never had Championship level ability, just a great workrate which helped the team - I'm surprised he didn't get an offer from L1 though....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

on 17:15 - Dec 7 with 3287 views_

Players released into the ether... on 16:56 - Dec 7 by rickw

I thought Douglas could play elsewhere as an experienced head in midfield just behind a couple of youngsters to do his running for him....

Tabb I'm not sure about at Championship level, he never had Championship level ability, just a great workrate which helped the team - I'm surprised he didn't get an offer from L1 though....

Login to get fewer ads

on 17:17 - Dec 7 with 3287 views_

Players released into the ether... on 16:54 - Dec 7 by connorscontract

Stephen Hunt. He was a key part of the Play Off team, was released and was next seen as a tv pundit when he was begging one of the managers on the panel for a trial. Sad to see and totally inexplicable.

Players released into the ether... on 20:12 - Dec 7 with 3129 viewsBluefish

Players released into the ether... on 16:22 - Dec 7 by ITFC_Forever

Mick's fault. He ruins careers.

Ask Freddie Sears.

Alternatively Mick was picking players up on such a small budget they were at the end of their careers and he has been getting the best out of them

#supermick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Players released into the ether... on 20:15 - Dec 7 with 3120 viewsHipsterectomy

Larsen Toure last played for us almost 2 years ago

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Players released into the ether... on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 3113 viewsPhilTWTD

on 17:17 - Dec 7 by _

Spent half a season with Coventry then retired in the summer of 2016. MK Dons move didn't happen prior to his spell with Coventry. Started working as an agent that summer. If he was asking about trials when working as a pundit was probably for one of his players!

Shane McLoughlin is one of his players, as is Ryan Delaney, who plays for Burton and had a trial with Town in Ireland in July 2016.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Players released into the ether... on 20:18 - Dec 7 with 3101 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released into the ether... on 16:31 - Dec 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Jonathan Douglas

Was on trial with Luton last month, don't think he's been offered a deal.
Players released into the ether... on 20:54 - Dec 7 with 3052 viewsBlueBadger

Scumbag Bowyer was apparently going to have clubs 'queuing up for him', according to Paul Jewell. He was last seen running a fishery, in France.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players released into the ether... on 21:02 - Dec 7 with 3031 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Players released into the ether... on 20:18 - Dec 7 by PhilTWTD

Was on trial with Luton last month, don't think he's been offered a deal.

He's still there, so very possible.
Giles Coke is an obvious other one, he's had a trial at Wigan and a few non-League clubs but nothing yet. Know AFC Sudbury we're looking at him, but decided no.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024