Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this possession lark 10:24 - Dec 17 with 1983 viewsmonytowbray

I quite enjoy forcing teams to pass aimlessly for most the game before watching Skuse win the ball before Celina, Waggy or Garner cause problems. Last year we were the team doing the pointless passing, now we just f*ck teams on the break.

If Ward wasn’t so off the mark yesterday I think there would have been a thrashing yesterday. Number of potential attacks he borked.

I find it odd that a few of the people who wanted attacking football now want possessive football. I’ve come to the conclusion they want the moon on a stick or they don’t actually understand football.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Indeed on 10:27 - Dec 17 with 1973 viewsDyland

We should have started ironic cheering for every pass Reading made in a meaningless spell of ten plus pass possession.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Indeed on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 1922 viewsFixed_It

Indeed on 10:27 - Dec 17 by Dyland

We should have started ironic cheering for every pass Reading made in a meaningless spell of ten plus pass possession.

Their own fans did that eventually!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Indeed on 11:07 - Dec 17 with 1909 viewsDyland

Indeed on 11:02 - Dec 17 by Fixed_It

Their own fans did that eventually!

Ahahhaaha. Brilliant. I didn't clock that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All this possession lark on 11:09 - Dec 17 with 1901 viewsm14_blue

Totally agree.

Although I'm not sure we were really bossing possession last season were we?
All this possession lark on 11:49 - Dec 17 with 1867 viewsBinner

Occasionally teams in this league have a bad day, as when Sunderland were here, but generally teams in this league don't roll over and all are capable grinding out a result. Yesterday's performance, against a hitherto in-form team, was professional and hard fought and, despite the possession imbalance in Reading's favour, they rarely threatened.

Yet there were numpties phoning in to local radio moaning that we didn't go on all-out attack; we "should've gone for the jugular" according to one who clearly didn't realise that we were still making the better chances late in the game. "We could have had another two or three goals" according to another, obviously not realising that going all-out could leave our defence exposed and it might be Reading scoring those extra goals...

Our tactics worked well and victory was well-deserved yet there were those clutching onto the possession statistic as a stick to beat McCarthy for being "negative". Sometimes I wonder at peoples' grasp on reality. Moon-on-a-stick indeed...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Indeed on 11:56 - Dec 17 with 1844 viewsSarge

Indeed on 11:07 - Dec 17 by Dyland

Ahahhaaha. Brilliant. I didn't clock that.

Along with chanting "we've got the ball, we've got the ball" at the end. I enjoyed that.
All this possession lark on 12:06 - Dec 17 with 1819 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. Give me the manner in which we scored our first goal ahead of the sterile nonsense that actually brought it about any day.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

All this possession lark on 12:13 - Dec 17 with 1796 viewsjeera

All this possession lark on 11:49 - Dec 17 by Binner

Occasionally teams in this league have a bad day, as when Sunderland were here, but generally teams in this league don't roll over and all are capable grinding out a result. Yesterday's performance, against a hitherto in-form team, was professional and hard fought and, despite the possession imbalance in Reading's favour, they rarely threatened.

Yet there were numpties phoning in to local radio moaning that we didn't go on all-out attack; we "should've gone for the jugular" according to one who clearly didn't realise that we were still making the better chances late in the game. "We could have had another two or three goals" according to another, obviously not realising that going all-out could leave our defence exposed and it might be Reading scoring those extra goals...

Our tactics worked well and victory was well-deserved yet there were those clutching onto the possession statistic as a stick to beat McCarthy for being "negative". Sometimes I wonder at peoples' grasp on reality. Moon-on-a-stick indeed...

I heard those 2 callers and then switched the thing off.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024