Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Ted Phillips 10:32 - Jan 9 with 6860 viewsFinidiCentenary

Gutted.

Great player. Great man.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

RIP Ted Phillips on 10:37 - Jan 9 with 6035 viewsTLA

Sad news indeed - my dad never gets bored of telling how great Ted was to watch, with the hardest shot in football and all.
RIP Ted Phillips on 10:41 - Jan 9 with 6011 viewsBLUEGOLD

RIP Ted Phillips on 10:37 - Jan 9 by TLA

Sad news indeed - my dad never gets bored of telling how great Ted was to watch, with the hardest shot in football and all.

Very sad news.

One of our greatest players.

TWTD indeed
RIP Ted Phillips on 10:52 - Jan 9 with 5978 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Legend. RIP.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Ted Phillips on 10:56 - Jan 9 with 5953 viewshowdonblue

RIP ted

Thank you ted
RIP Ted Phillips on 10:58 - Jan 9 with 5939 viewshowdonblue

RIP Ted Phillips on 10:56 - Jan 9 by howdonblue

RIP ted

Thank you ted

A real proper bloke !
RIP Ted Phillips on 11:15 - Jan 9 with 5895 viewsjaykay

another one of my childhood heroes gone. never forget danny blanchflower said the minute he crossed the half way line, when did spurs fear his legendary shooting power.
ted was suffolk born and bred.
sometimes use to catch early than usual train to ipswich on a sat, there would be ted on that train going to the game.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Ted Phillips on 11:32 - Jan 9 with 5857 viewsKev_W

RIP Ted Phillips on 10:37 - Jan 9 by TLA

Same here. My father also regularly tells the story of the day 'Ted broke the net'.
RIP Ted Phillips on 11:33 - Jan 9 with 5855 viewsmonty_radio

Truly "one of our own".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Ted Phillips on 11:40 - Jan 9 with 5836 viewsPJH

RIP Big Man.

Great memories.
Another of our Champions gone.
RIP Ted Phillips on 11:43 - Jan 9 with 5832 viewsSteve_M

Yes, an important part of the club's history. I hope the club name something after him and Ray Crawford, it should be both as the two names go together as they did at their best.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

RIP Ted Phillips on 11:46 - Jan 9 with 5828 viewslinhdi

One of our greatest players, and a huge character. I am honoured to have met him and talked about his playing days. Rest in peace, Ted.
RIP Ted Phillips on 12:02 - Jan 9 with 5801 viewsbobwya

RIP Ted.

I was a ballboy for 2 seasons 56 - 58 and although I remember enjoying it so much I was always worried when behind one of the goals that one of his thunderbolts would come straight at me! I recall we had rickety old changing rooms then and the scratchy old tannoy was operated from the room we changed in and Ted was often bringing in records to play - his favourite seemed to be Diana by Paul Ania!

Truly a club legend

RIP
RIP Ted Phillips on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 5798 viewsWestover

Wonderful player hardest shot in football RIP Ted
RIP Ted Phillips on 12:24 - Jan 9 with 5746 viewsgerard1947

Sorry to hear that, my very first Ipswich game was against Burnley the year we became Champions of England. Didn't miss a home game that season. Ted was banging them in that season. RIP big man.
RIP Ted Phillips on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 5715 viewsjimsymBLUE

A very sad day for our club, thoughts and prayers with his family. RIP Ted.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

RIP Ted Phillips on 12:47 - Jan 9 with 5707 viewsnorth_stand77

Sorry to this news.
My mum had a soft spot for Ted Phillips and Ray Crawford and often spoke about them!
Would be nice for the club to pay respects on Saturday, which I'm sure they will do.
RIP Ted Phillips on 13:18 - Jan 9 with 5651 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Very sad news and my thoughts go out to his family & friends.

I hope the club do a fitting tribute to what is with out doubt an Ipswich legend.

RIP
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 14:04]

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

RIP Ted Phillips on 13:26 - Jan 9 with 5638 viewsFtnfwest

great man, true legend RIP
RIP Ted Phillips on 13:33 - Jan 9 with 5630 viewsWaterfootblue

RIP Ted Phillips on 13:18 - Jan 9 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Very sad news and my thoughts go out to his family & friends.

I hope the club do a fitting tribute to what is with out doubt an Ipswich legend.

RIP
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 14:04]

Absolute legend, as were all of the title winning team. They were wonderful days in the history of ITFC. RIP Ted and thanks for the memories.
RIP Ted Phillips on 13:41 - Jan 9 with 5605 viewsSuperfrans

RIP Ted Phillips on 11:43 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

Yes, an important part of the club's history. I hope the club name something after him and Ray Crawford, it should be both as the two names go together as they did at their best.

Indeed. It's hard to imagine any Town strike partnership ever matching the 70 they scored in 61/62.

It would be great if the club could mark their contribution permanently.

A statue of the two of them would be appropriate, although I'm not sure where it would go... Too many statues, what a problem...

What else could the club do? Genuine question... Maybe other people on here have ideas...?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

RIP Ted Phillips on 13:46 - Jan 9 with 5605 viewsSteve_M

RIP Ted Phillips on 13:41 - Jan 9 by Superfrans

Indeed. It's hard to imagine any Town strike partnership ever matching the 70 they scored in 61/62.

It would be great if the club could mark their contribution permanently.

A statue of the two of them would be appropriate, although I'm not sure where it would go... Too many statues, what a problem...

What else could the club do? Genuine question... Maybe other people on here have ideas...?

A statue might be an idea, would have to be entirely funded by supporters I would think and no idea what that would cost. I would think somewhere near the entrance to the back of the Co-Op Stand where the old ticket office was.

Can't really rename three of the stands and the sponsorship of the fourth is useful - and if we wait for the Cobbold rebuild it will be a long time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

RIP Ted Phillips on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 5580 viewsSuperfrans

RIP Ted Phillips on 13:46 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

A statue might be an idea, would have to be entirely funded by supporters I would think and no idea what that would cost. I would think somewhere near the entrance to the back of the Co-Op Stand where the old ticket office was.

Can't really rename three of the stands and the sponsorship of the fourth is useful - and if we wait for the Cobbold rebuild it will be a long time.

For a start, the club could inaugurate an award for the leading scorer every season (is there already one?) and call it the Crawford-Phillips Trophy.

But, based on this evidence, I will certainly be raising a pre-match pint of beer to Ted before Saturday's match.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/memories-of-town-legend-ted-phillips-1-5347882

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

RIP Ted Phillips on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 5553 viewsFifeITFC

RIP Ted.

Has 12th Man been on to ask who this player from the 60s is?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

RIP Ted Phillips on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 5545 viewsBLUEBEAT

Terrible picture of the man used by TWTD as the header.

Poll: W or W

RIP Ted Phillips on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 5540 viewsportmanpensioner

RIP Ted

Great Player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024