Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? 06:56 - Jan 17 with 10578 viewsBenters2

I fancy digging one of those 1 metre test pit jobbies.

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 08:00 - Jan 17 with 6242 viewssolemio

You actually need expertise before you start excavating.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 08:09 - Jan 17 with 6230 viewsfactual_blue

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 08:00 - Jan 17 by solemio

http://www.hoxnehistory.org.uk/Hoxne%20Test%20Pit%20Guidebook.pdf

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 08:39 - Jan 17 with 6206 views_

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 10:19 - Jan 17 with 6143 viewsgerard1947

I enjoy Time Team but never felt like getting involved. I often dig up interesting things on my veggie plot though. I've a couple of whole ammonites and various bits of them, plus quite a collection of clay smoking pipe pieces and pottery remains. It's also common to see big bits of bog oak that have come to the surface and dragged to the ends of farmers fields.

Copralite was harvested not far from where I live to be processed for fertiliser, some of the old workings remain, filled with water. So there has to have been loads of dinosaurs about to produce it.

Never mind Time Team I sometimes think a time machine would be good.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 10:20]
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:13 - Jan 17 with 6091 viewsleitrimblue

You finish digging that hole yet?
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 6077 viewseireblue

Remember to not do it in one of your customers gardens.

If you do, practise your surprised face, combined with a phrase such as "..but your voicemail said you wanted a hot tub....oh thats the other Dave.....but how I have started, .....fancy a hot tub I'll finish the hole for 100 quid?"
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:24 - Jan 17 with 6067 viewsSwansea_Blue

Used to do it. We had an archaeological consultancy running out of one of the universities I went to; those of us with relevant skills would cut our teeth on their projects. I worked for a geological consultancy for 8 yrs too. Amongst other stuff we used to do loads of environmental 'geophys' including for digs.

Can be interesting, although the consultancy was time-pressured so we never did large digs. Those are met to be a good laugh with the team together over a season.

Edit - and I've been in the field with Phil Harding and Mick Aston (RIP). Not Balldrick though, he only did the TV stuff. #fame&glamour!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:57]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:27 - Jan 17 with 6060 viewsBrixtonBlue

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:21 - Jan 17 by eireblue

If you do, practise your surprised face, combined with a phrase such as "..but your voicemail said you wanted a hot tub....oh thats the other Dave.....but how I have started, .....fancy a hot tub I'll finish the hole for 100 quid?"

What he should do is finish the hole, put in the hot tub, get in naked with a pint of Ghost Ship, and wait for the customer to return. Their face would be a picture!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:36 - Jan 17 with 6041 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

WW2 treasure hunters on History is pretty good.

The other half has found old clay pipes, pottery and badges when digging on her allotment.

Shame they ruined it in the last couple of series by bringing those new presenters on, it was the beginning of the end.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:52 - Jan 17 with 6012 viewsSwansea_Blue

on 08:39 - Jan 17 by _

I worked with a fella who does battlefield stuff. He rediscovered a bunch of WWI trenches and bunkers when I was working with him. Seems he's still finding holes by the looks of it:

http://theconversation.com/the-german-great-escape-the-science-of-how-83-militar

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 5917 viewsBenters2

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 08:00 - Jan 17 by solemio

Dont be soft lad its a hole.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:37 - Jan 17 with 5889 viewsClapham_Junction

I've often thought about doing it in my Dad's garden. When he moved into the property he was told the previous occupant had buried a car in the garden, which he used as an air raid shelter during WWII.

At the location where it was supposedly buried, the ground subsided for years in two places - one large patch and one smaller one, which could have aligned with an engine compartment and the passenger parts of a car. These were filled in every so often but the subsidence stopped about 10 years ago.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:53 - Jan 17 with 5873 viewsSpruceMoose

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:09 - Jan 17 by Benters2

Why ask for advice if you're going to ridicule it when you receive it?

Don't come crying to us when your hole caves in on you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 17:55 - Jan 17 with 5870 views_

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:09 - Jan 17 with 5851 viewsBenters2

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:21 - Jan 17 by eireblue

One of my customers lives in a old coach house,its surrounded by lovely old brick walls,you can see where over the years they have filled in gate ways and what have you,id love to dig a hole right in the middle of their lawn.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 5843 viewsBenters2

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:53 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

What a 1m square hole dont be soft lad,im not digging to Australia am i !
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:14 - Jan 17 with 5838 viewsBenters2

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:37 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

I've often thought about doing it in my Dad's garden. When he moved into the property he was told the previous occupant had buried a car in the garden, which he used as an air raid shelter during WWII.

At the location where it was supposedly buried, the ground subsided for years in two places - one large patch and one smaller one, which could have aligned with an engine compartment and the passenger parts of a car. These were filled in every so often but the subsidence stopped about 10 years ago.

Blimey that sounds interesting id have to dig that up.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:16 - Jan 17 with 5831 viewsBenters2

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 12:27 - Jan 17 by BrixtonBlue

What he should do is finish the hole, put in the hot tub, get in naked with a pint of Ghost Ship, and wait for the customer to return. Their face would be a picture!

Im getting a bit worried about you,first it was i looked like a pirate,now you are seeing me naked in a hot tub!

Fancy some bangers and mash?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 18:17]
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:18 - Jan 17 with 5826 viewsleitrimblue

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 17:53 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

His digging a small test pit not a tunnel, i think he can manage it
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:19 - Jan 17 with 5822 viewsSpruceMoose

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:18 - Jan 17 by leitrimblue

His digging a small test pit not a tunnel, i think he can manage it

Well, he might get carried away!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 21:04 - Jan 17 with 5756 viewssolemio

Benters, I shall be eternally grateful to you for explaining to me that a test pit is a hole in the ground.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 21:35 - Jan 17 with 5733 viewsMelford

There's a cowfield over the road from me that they dig up in the summer. Apparently there's a Roman villa under there.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 22:15 - Jan 17 with 5705 viewsClapham_Junction

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 21:35 - Jan 17 by Melford

There's a cowfield over the road from me that they dig up in the summer. Apparently there's a Roman villa under there.

One of the Roman roads (34a) went through Melford near Melford Hall. There are still remnants of it nearby (the very straight road at Washmere Green is part of it I think)
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 5702 viewsClapham_Junction

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 18:14 - Jan 17 by Benters2

Blimey that sounds interesting id have to dig that up.

Unfortunately it's on heavy clay so even digging down a short way is a massive pain.
Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 00:05 - Jan 18 with 5632 viewsMelford

Has anybody ever gone 'full on Time Team'? on 22:15 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

One of the Roman roads (34a) went through Melford near Melford Hall. There are still remnants of it nearby (the very straight road at Washmere Green is part of it I think)

Lots of Roman stuff down my way, any new build has to have an archaeological survey before they can start building. There was a rubbish dump under my current gaff, lots of smashed pottery, bones and fossilzed sh1te .

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024