Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bayeux Tapestry loan 16:28 - Jan 17 with 2991 viewsStokieBlue

This is really great news, something I've liked to see for a long time but never managed to find the time to do. On display at the British Museum from 2022:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42713552

There are some calls for a reciprocal loan, possibly of the Rosetta stone which I think would be an excellent gesture.

SB
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 16:33]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 16:32 - Jan 17 with 2963 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe Norwich could lend them their Milk Cup, or whatever that piece of junk is called.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 16:34 - Jan 17 with 2954 viewsCaptainObvious

Or Kevin Bru perhaps.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 16:37 - Jan 17 with 2940 viewsITFC_Forever

Saw it in the summer - very impressive.

And the museum in Bayeux issue everyone with a headset which talks you through it in order, so you all have to walk along at pretty much the same pace.
Except for one French family who decided not to bother with the headset and walked along at their own pace causing a mobile chicane.

Also went to some of the Normandy Landings, associated cemetries and the war museum in Bayeux.... even the kids were quiet and listened to what it was all about.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 16:53 - Jan 17 with 2896 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Bayeux on loan ? Can he play centre mid ?

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:16 - Jan 17 with 2868 viewshoppy

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 16:32 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Maybe Norwich could lend them their Milk Cup, or whatever that piece of junk is called.

Wouldn't be any harm to them, they've got a spare, given that they display two of the same thing from the same year to bolster their trophy cabinet...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:21 - Jan 17 with 2860 viewsimsureazzure

I have just heard it will take 5 years to analyse if the tapestry is fit to be moved and travel, it is highly unlikely that it will be a positive outcome and this is just pie in the sky.
Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:25 - Jan 17 with 2839 viewschicoazul

Maybe in the same spirit we could loan the Greeks the Elgin marbles permanently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 18:19 - Jan 17 with 2782 viewshoppy

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:21 - Jan 17 by imsureazzure

I have just heard it will take 5 years to analyse if the tapestry is fit to be moved and travel, it is highly unlikely that it will be a positive outcome and this is just pie in the sky.

That will be one in the eye for those harolding it as a bit of a coup if it doesn't happen...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 2723 viewsBlueBadger

Only the French could make a friendly gesture out of a piece of art dedicated to commemorating a time when they beat the sh1t out of the English.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 19:58 - Jan 17 with 2656 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:16 - Jan 17 by hoppy

Wouldn't be any harm to them, they've got a spare, given that they display two of the same thing from the same year to bolster their trophy cabinet...

Poll: W or W

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 20:06 - Jan 17 with 2648 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 17:25 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

Maybe in the same spirit we could loan the Greeks the Elgin marbles permanently.

My mate is a Collections Manager at BM and these marbles, more than any other questioningly appropriated artifact, receives the most complaints by an extremely large margin (almost tenfold).

Poll: W or W

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 20:10 - Jan 17 with 2643 viewsKitman

Bayeux Tapestry loan on 19:05 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

Only the French could make a friendly gesture out of a piece of art dedicated to commemorating a time when they beat the sh1t out of the English.

they didn't. Normandy wasn't part of France then. It was a Viking province. Normandy meant Land of the Northmen...

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024