Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Devil's advocate – a reason for Mick to stay? 23:06 - Jan 27 with 4422 viewsSomethingBlue

*Early disclaimer — this is not what I think will actually happen ...

... but what if Mick decided he wanted to give it a proper crack with the team he created last summer? It's clear that he wanted Adeyemi and Huws at its heart; it also seems fairly obvious Dozzell was slated for significant involvement. We've been deprived of all three for virtually the entirety. If you were Mick, would you want to give it one more pop using the players you'd wanted to build your team around?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:12 - Jan 27 with 4379 viewsJ2BLUE

I think he'd be in a strong position to say to Evans "I will stay but I want £Xm and any money from player sales". Not talking mega money but £2-5m or so. Perhaps Evans would say no way but if there is anyone who could probably swing it it's MM.

The relationship with a growing number of fans is too far gone now. There's no chance he stays. It's a shame it will probably end on a bitter note.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:19 - Jan 27 with 4348 viewsSomethingBlue

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:12 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

I think he'd be in a strong position to say to Evans "I will stay but I want £Xm and any money from player sales". Not talking mega money but £2-5m or so. Perhaps Evans would say no way but if there is anyone who could probably swing it it's MM.

The relationship with a growing number of fans is too far gone now. There's no chance he stays. It's a shame it will probably end on a bitter note.

I'm sure you are right, and realistically he's off. I can just see how someone (Mick) might think "Well hang on, we didn't really get to give this team a proper go after all, what if we could ... ?"

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 4339 viewsStNeotsBlue

It's fair to say injuries have dictated the course of our season. The loss of Dozzell so early was a sickener, we look a different side with Huws playing which has been the biggest loss of all and the injury to Bishop again is beyond frustrating.

But I don't think MMc likes it much at Town, he's been here a good while now but he never seems to have taken to the place.
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:30 - Jan 27 with 4318 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

On the other hand how exciting for an incoming manager to have those players at his disposal fully fit and raring to go.
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 08:42 - Jan 28 with 4139 viewstextbackup

THEn when they both start season injured does he just stick around another two years for the fun of it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 09:07 - Jan 28 with 4108 viewsbluesym

For me personally-

He is tactically limited.
He shoehorns players into the team continuously to play roles in the side they arent effective in.
We have lost that 1 great quality he first brought to the club, the hard to beat,gritty battling qualities of the side.
His choice of options on the bench irritate me.Letting people like Rowe leave whilst selecting Bru beacause thats all we have available.
I dont actually like him, I am bored of his arrogance and his snipes at fans.
I havent watched his press conferences for months because seeing him sat there like he is lord of the manor makes my toes curl.

On top of all that, the relationship with the fans is beyond repair.

Also, if people like him or think he is the best thing since sliced bread, then fine,thats their opinion,
but he isnt bigger than the club and I think we are still a club who would be looked upon as a great opportunity for a number of decent candidates.

All my personal opinion of course.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 10:47]

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 09:40 - Jan 28 with 4049 viewswitchdoctor

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 09:07 - Jan 28 by bluesym

For me personally-

He shoehorns players into the team continuously to play roles in the side they arent effective in.
We have lost that 1 great quality he first brought to the club, the hard to beat,gritty battling qualities of the side.
His choice of options on the bench irritate me.Letting people like Rowe leave whilst selecting Bru beacause thats all we have available.
I havent watched his press conferences for months because seeing him sat there like he is lord of the manor makes my toes curl.

Also, if people like him or think he is the best thing since sliced bread, then fine,thats their opinion,
but he isnt bigger than the club and I think we are still a club who would be looked upon as a great opportunity for a number of decent candidates.

POTY...👍
Opinions on 09:56 - Jan 28 with 4012 viewsDyland

For me personally-

"Also, if people like him, think he is the best thing since sliced bread, then fine,thats their opinion,"

Am I allowed to like him (or not dislike him) but also think he's not the best thing since sliced bread?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on 10:18 - Jan 28 with 3992 viewsbluesym

Opinions on 09:56 - Jan 28 by Dyland

"Also, if people like him, think he is the best thing since sliced bread, then fine,thats their opinion,"

Am I allowed to like him (or not dislike him) but also think he's not the best thing since sliced bread?

Errr... yeah?

Opinions on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 3979 viewsDyland

Opinions on 10:18 - Jan 28 by bluesym

Errr... yeah?

It's just that your post could be read that there's not this middle ground ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Opinions on 10:22 - Jan 28 with 3976 viewsbluesym

Opinions on 10:21 - Jan 28 by Dyland

It's just that your post could be read that there's not this middle ground ;)

Fair enough!

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 3962 viewspatrickswell

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:19 - Jan 27 by SomethingBlue

I'm sure you are right, and realistically he's off. I can just see how someone (Mick) might think "Well hang on, we didn't really get to give this team a proper go after all, what if we could ... ?"

I agree with you and I think it will be down to Mick whether he wants to see what he can do with a fit squad (assuming lightning doesn’t strike twice). Evans has been his usual useless self in January and done virtually nothing to plug the gaps, so I can’t see him having managerial masterplans in place.
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:32 - Jan 28 with 3954 viewsStuartBrett8

For me personally-

I think his dry wit is hilarious, but that's just my opinion.. personally I think he's still getting bashed for last years shambles and we're over achieving this year.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:40 - Jan 28 with 3927 viewsSomethingBlue

For me personally-

But do you see what you've done there? You've polarised instantly. Those who don't dislike him, according to your framing, must think he is the best thing since sliced bread. It's not like that, is it?

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:46 - Jan 28 with 3913 viewsbluesym

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:40 - Jan 28 by SomethingBlue

But do you see what you've done there? You've polarised instantly. Those who don't dislike him, according to your framing, must think he is the best thing since sliced bread. It's not like that, is it?

Not my intention, ill edit.

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 11:06 - Jan 28 with 3864 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 23:12 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Exactly the same thing happened to him at wolves
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 11:14 - Jan 28 with 3849 viewsjas0999

Come the Summer we will have less players.
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 19:27 - Jan 28 with 3703 viewsbluehook

Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 10:32 - Jan 28 by StuartBrett8

I think his dry wit is hilarious, but that's just my opinion.. personally I think he's still getting bashed for last years shambles and we're over achieving this year.

“Dry wit”? No stretch of the imagination could confuse his weekly diatribe as wit.
“As long as I’ve got a hole in my a**e”. Yup.
Devil's advocate — a reason for Mick to stay? on 19:39 - Jan 28 with 3684 viewsCurrie10

If I were Mick, it would be an emphatic no.

People want way too much, abuse the guy far too often and he gets f all backing from the board.

He has to sign players for naff all, sell pretty much any assets and STILL people expect top ruddy 6. It's absolutely laughable.

This seasons a little like 15/16 - IF everyone has been fit, we may well have made the top 6. As it is, it's just been horrific.

I think he's got one job left in him, and if I were him I'd try another project. Mission impossible here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024