Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart 0 Wolves 1 17:00 - Jan 27 with 5619 viewsBlue_Moses

Totally inept, no effort, no clue.
Time to go Mick
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:06 - Jan 27 with 4930 viewsHipsterectomy

SACK The ugly bastard I want to see his face when it happens

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:07 - Jan 27 with 4914 viewsAlexGreen

Plenty of effort to be fair, we were just beaten by a Premiership team. Bart was exceptional it's true.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 17:07]

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:08 - Jan 27 with 4885 viewsLankHenners

The effort was there, just a lack of cohesion combined with some sloppiness in their half after HT, alongside a very strong defensive display by a very good team made it hard for us.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:12 - Jan 27 with 4819 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yet Mick Mills and Brenner seem to think it was one of our better performances this season and against far and away the best team in the league.

I think i'll go with them on this one, no offence.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:12 - Jan 27 with 4818 viewsBlueNomad

Yeah no-one in our team even broke sweat......
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:15 - Jan 27 with 4788 viewsBloomBlue

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:07 - Jan 27 by AlexGreen

Plenty of effort to be fair, we were just beaten by a Premiership team. Bart was exceptional it's true.

Wolves weren't that good, they have a solid defence but even Norwich have played better at PR than wolves did today
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:18 - Jan 27 with 4740 viewsBlue_Moses

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:12 - Jan 27 by Harry_Palmer

Yet Mick Mills and Brenner seem to think it was one of our better performances this season and against far and away the best team in the league.

No offence taken, Brenner works for a radio station though so not sure how that makes him an expert (plus he's not going to say anything to put his job at risk). Personally wasn't content with 2 real attempts on goal in 90 minutes and didn't think Wolves needed to move out of 2nd gear.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 4727 viewsBlue_Moses

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:15 - Jan 27 by BloomBlue

Wolves weren't that good, they have a solid defence but even Norwich have played better at PR than wolves did today

Fulham and Bristol City were both much better down here. Naturally that's just one performance from each side.
Login to get fewer ads

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 4725 viewsBlueNomad

Just out of interst - was the OP there?
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:21 - Jan 27 with 4694 viewsBloomBlue

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:19 - Jan 27 by Blue_Moses

Fulham and Bristol City were both much better down here. Naturally that's just one performance from each side.

Wolves went for a 1nil after half-time parked the bus and hoped to hit us on the break, good for them if you want to win promotion thats what you have to do
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 4650 viewsHarry_Palmer

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:18 - Jan 27 by Blue_Moses

No offence taken, Brenner works for a radio station though so not sure how that makes him an expert (plus he's not going to say anything to put his job at risk). Personally wasn't content with 2 real attempts on goal in 90 minutes and didn't think Wolves needed to move out of 2nd gear.

Not suggesting Brenner is an expert however he has watched us home and away for many years and is usually quite honest in appraising our performances. He is not going to lose his job by saying we have not played well and he has said this many times.

Plus Mick Mills said that we were decent but Wolves were excellent, that will do for me.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 4630 viewsSarge

There was some effort. Just absolutely no ability.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 4575 viewsJ2BLUE

We had more possession though which was all that counted a few weeks ago. What's the criteria now then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 4538 viewsBenters2

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:06 - Jan 27 by Hipsterectomy

SACK The ugly bastard I want to see his face when it happens

Bit nasty that to be fair
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 4524 viewsmadmouse1959

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:07 - Jan 27 by AlexGreen

Yes.....Bart was man-of-the-match for Ipswich.....AGAIN.

shampoo dave

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:43 - Jan 27 with 4487 viewsEireannach_gorm

So what are your credentials for being a expert? Wolves are clearly a better tighter team than us and all the effort in the world does not compensate for that ( occasionally you get lucky ). Sounds like we played up to our maximum ability which wasn't enough.

Stats would indicate that at least we made an effort.

Possession
Home 56% Away 44%

Shots
Home 11 Away 15

Shots on Target
Home 6 Away 10

Corners
Home 5 Away 4

Fouls
Home 7 Away 14
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 4253 viewsconnorscontract

Ok, so Brenner is a Sports Journalist who watches Town a lot. Every game in fact, but we'll leave him to one side as not expert enough.

Mick Mills, on the other hand, played more games for Ipswich than anyone else, Captained us to two of our three greatest triumphs, captained England in a World Cup campaignand then managed at the level we are playing at now.

So, if he thought we played well, and you feel your expertise outranks his, you can only be one of Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Keegan or Terry Venables...
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 4223 viewsBlue_Moses

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:43 - Jan 27 by Eireannach_gorm

So what are your credentials for being a expert? Wolves are clearly a better tighter team than us and all the effort in the world does not compensate for that ( occasionally you get lucky ). Sounds like we played up to our maximum ability which wasn't enough.

Stats would indicate that at least we made an effort.

Possession
Home 56% Away 44%

Shots
Home 11 Away 15

Shots on Target
Home 6 Away 10

Corners
Home 5 Away 4

Fouls
Home 7 Away 14

I'm not claiming to be an expert, i was just responding to a comment which suggested Brenner knows better than a fan at the game.
Possession is great if you have it in the final third, rather than passing between the defence.
Let's be honest, we had two shots on target that genuinely needed to be saved, the others were weak efforts straight at the keeper.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 4221 viewsBanburyBlue

they must have been watching a different game.....

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:01 - Jan 27 with 4202 viewsSarge

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:25 - Jan 27 by Harry_Palmer

Not suggesting Brenner is an expert however he has watched us home and away for many years and is usually quite honest in appraising our performances. He is not going to lose his job by saying we have not played well and he has said this many times.

Plus Mick Mills said that we were decent but Wolves were excellent, that will do for me.

I'm afraid that's complete rubbish. Wolves were a shadow of what they have been this season. Primarily because we didnt give them many reasons to up their game. Excellent they were not, better than us yes.

Very very forgettable game.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:03 - Jan 27 with 4190 viewslongtimefan

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:38 - Jan 27 by madmouse1959

Yes.....Bart was man-of-the-match for Ipswich.....AGAIN.

Seeing as Bart is our only player who would get in the starting 11 of any of the teams above us (an in form McGoldrick might but he’s far from that level currently) I wouldn’t say I’m surprised.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:05 - Jan 27 with 4179 viewsBlue_Moses

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 19:44 - Jan 27 by connorscontract

Ok, so Brenner is a Sports Journalist who watches Town a lot. Every game in fact, but we'll leave him to one side as not expert enough.

Mick Mills, on the other hand, played more games for Ipswich than anyone else, Captained us to two of our three greatest triumphs, captained England in a World Cup campaignand then managed at the level we are playing at now.

So, if he thought we played well, and you feel your expertise outranks his, you can only be one of Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Keegan or Terry Venables...

You've just named 4 people who haven't played or managed in years. Very well respected but hardly in touch with the modern game.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:07 - Jan 27 with 4169 viewsjas0999

Mick mills doesn’t want to upset the club. Neither do Radio Suffolk.
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:21 - Jan 27 with 4110 viewslongtimefan

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:05 - Jan 27 by Blue_Moses

You've just named 4 people who haven't played or managed in years. Very well respected but hardly in touch with the modern game.

I think you need to read that again
Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 20:25 - Jan 27 with 4090 viewsSuperfrans

Bart 0 Wolves 1 on 17:12 - Jan 27 by BlueNomad

Yeah no-one in our team even broke sweat......

Hard to sweat when it’s freezing cold and raining, to be fair...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024