Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crutches at football advice 09:46 - Feb 12 with 4653 viewsBluefish

Someone else had these recently. Steve M possibly??

I have managed to do some severe damage to my knee at 5 a side last night. I am therefore now on crutches awaiting a surgeon's appointment. Can I take the crutches into carrot rud on Sunday?

Got to work out how I am going to left foot drive for 3 hours to get there as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Crutches at football advice (n/t) on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 3521 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Crutches at football advice on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 3521 viewsSteve_M

I was for a bit a year ago. It was ok at PR and I moved from the North for a game so I could sit down but gave the away matches a miss for a bit.

Not sure what it will be like next weekend though, given how Norfolk police and Nodge stewards tend to over-react to everything. Might be worth trying to e-mail Norwich about it - at least that way if some steward is not going to let you in you can say you checked.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Crutches at football advice on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 3510 viewsITFC_Forever

Try getting in touch with Norwich and explain the situation - they might be able to get you a spot in the disabled enclosure for away fans.

Warner Duff would be the ITFC point of contact for these kind of things and liases with home clubs for away games, but someone said he's off sick at the moment. Worth giving ITFC a call as well to explain the situation.

I am going to Planet Blue at lunch time, I can ask for you if you like?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Crutches at football advice on 09:59 - Feb 12 with 3508 viewsBrianTablet

If, as I suspect, you are Cole Skuse, just man-up and tell McCarthy you are injured.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Crutches at football advice on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 3499 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 09:57 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

Try getting in touch with Norwich and explain the situation - they might be able to get you a spot in the disabled enclosure for away fans.

Warner Duff would be the ITFC point of contact for these kind of things and liases with home clubs for away games, but someone said he's off sick at the moment. Worth giving ITFC a call as well to explain the situation.

Cheers I appreciate that. Having been next to the disabled section last season in the front row I am not sure that it would be a good idea. I was crushed when we scored. #scenes and all that.

Crutches at football advice on 10:10 - Feb 12 with 3473 viewsIpswichKnight

Crutches at football advice on 10:03 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

Cheers I appreciate that. Having been next to the disabled section last season in the front row I am not sure that it would be a good idea. I was crushed when we scored. #scenes and all that.

Don't think you will have to worry about us scoring!
Crutches at football advice on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 3466 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:10 - Feb 12 by IpswichKnight

Don't think you will have to worry about us scoring!

Knudsen hat trick def info

Crutches at football advice on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 3453 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 09:54 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

I was for a bit a year ago. It was ok at PR and I moved from the North for a game so I could sit down but gave the away matches a miss for a bit.

Not sure what it will be like next weekend though, given how Norfolk police and Nodge stewards tend to over-react to everything. Might be worth trying to e-mail Norwich about it - at least that way if some steward is not going to let you in you can say you checked.

I can't bring myself to email them

Login to get fewer ads

Crutches at football advice on 10:21 - Feb 12 with 3440 viewsITFC_Forever

Crutches at football advice on 10:18 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

I can't bring myself to email them

Give ITFC a call and ask for Warner Duff and see if he's back.... if not, I will ask when I pop in to PB at lunchtime.

Crutches at football advice on 10:26 - Feb 12 with 3427 viewsPJH

When MM get's asked about injuries in his pre match conference on Friday he can say "Trucey has done his knee,not sure if he will make it for Sunday".
Crutches at football advice on 10:28 - Feb 12 with 3421 viewshappywithapoint

Ring 01473400556 as they are standing in for Warner and hopefully will be able to help you.
Crutches at football advice on 10:35 - Feb 12 with 3398 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:21 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

Give ITFC a call and ask for Warner Duff and see if he's back.... if not, I will ask when I pop in to PB at lunchtime.

Phoned club and they told me to phone the ticket office. They said they doubt I will be allowed in but they are going to phone norwich

Crutches at football advice on 10:35 - Feb 12 with 3393 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:26 - Feb 12 by PJH

When MM get's asked about injuries in his pre match conference on Friday he can say "Trucey has done his knee,not sure if he will make it for Sunday".

He is here now applying ice to it for me

Crutches at football advice on 10:36 - Feb 12 with 3386 viewsitfcjoe

Crutches at football advice on 10:35 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

Phoned club and they told me to phone the ticket office. They said they doubt I will be allowed in but they are going to phone norwich

Surely it's discrimination to say you aren't allowed in with crutches if they are required for medical reasons? Wonder what the FSF would have to say about that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Crutches at football advice on 10:38 - Feb 12 with 3378 viewsPJH

Crutches at football advice on 10:35 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

He is here now applying ice to it for me

That will make Sitters jealous.
Crutches at football advice on 10:40 - Feb 12 with 3375 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:36 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Surely it's discrimination to say you aren't allowed in with crutches if they are required for medical reasons? Wonder what the FSF would have to say about that

I offered to leave them at the entrance and hop to my seat with my son's help and they said that would still be a problem

Crutches at football advice on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 3363 viewsBrianTablet

Crutches at football advice on 10:26 - Feb 12 by PJH

And Bet365 still have Truce at shorter first-goalscorer odds than Freddie Sears.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Crutches at football advice on 10:44 - Feb 12 with 3352 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Crutches at football advice on 09:57 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

Someone will answer Warners line.
Crutches at football advice on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 3352 viewsitfcjoe

Crutches at football advice on 10:40 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

I offered to leave them at the entrance and hop to my seat with my son's help and they said that would still be a problem

You should tweet the FSF - being a football fan is not a crime. Can you imagine turning up to the cinema and not being allowed in because you are on crutches? Or what if you are an old bloke who needs a walking stick?

This sort of thing is a joke - if you don't think you'll be able to get through the game as will be standing up then fair enough - but you should be allowed to go with crutches

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Crutches at football advice on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 3347 viewsITFC_Forever

Crutches at football advice on 10:36 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

I was about to say, not sure how they can discriminate on that one....

I would hazard a guess they would allow a home fan in to the ground in a similar situation, so they can't not allow an away fan in under the same conditions.

Crutches at football advice on 10:46 - Feb 12 with 3346 viewshammo56

Crutches at football advice on 10:03 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

According to NCFC that was the fault of our players as they came over to celebrate with our fans.
Crutches at football advice on 10:47 - Feb 12 with 3346 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:45 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

You should tweet the FSF - being a football fan is not a crime. Can you imagine turning up to the cinema and not being allowed in because you are on crutches? Or what if you are an old bloke who needs a walking stick?

This sort of thing is a joke - if you don't think you'll be able to get through the game as will be standing up then fair enough - but you should be allowed to go with crutches

They just called me back to say I can't take crutches in but I can leave them at the ticket office if I can make my way from there. I need to hope I am in a better state by Sunday so I can do it.

Next job order the biggest knee brace that I can find

Crutches at football advice on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 3332 viewsBluefish

Crutches at football advice on 10:45 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

I was about to say, not sure how they can discriminate on that one....

I would hazard a guess they would allow a home fan in to the ground in a similar situation, so they can't not allow an away fan in under the same conditions.

They are saying that both home and away supporters are not allowed crutches

Crutches at football advice on 10:51 - Feb 12 with 3318 viewsJakeITFC

Crutches at football advice on 10:47 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

They just called me back to say I can't take crutches in but I can leave them at the ticket office if I can make my way from there. I need to hope I am in a better state by Sunday so I can do it.

That’s a disgrace.
Crutches at football advice on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 3311 viewsSteve_M

Crutches at football advice on 10:47 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

I thought that might be the case but it is ridiculous.

ITFC told me last year that their view was I was ok to sit anywhere as long as I could move by myself. If not then it would have to have been the disabled area. Given that you can move with the aid of crutches then this is clearly discriminatory. As Joe suggests tweet FSF, let us know and we can manage a few re-tweets for that too.

Also, on the brace they are a good idea anyway as it obviously stabilises the joint and reduces pain. This is the ankle one I had, it made a big difference using it even with crutches, so the equivalent may be a good start.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aircast-Black-A60-Ankle-Brace/dp/B001CSUTJG/ref=sr_1_fk

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024