Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 21:50 - Feb 27 with 7148 viewsRenegade_Statman

Thanks for sharing your memories relating to the 1992 Liverpool FA Cup defeat, and thank you for making me feel welcome on this forum.

In a future Blue Monday TWiITFC History pod we will be covering Town's 1-0 win away to the Hammers back in March 2001. Reuser with the free-kick.

As always we'd love to hear any memories you have from this game.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 21:54 - Feb 27 with 5737 viewsHerbivore

I don't remember it, sorry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 21:58 - Feb 27 with 5728 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:00 - Feb 27 with 5715 viewsRenegade_Statman

on 21:58 - Feb 27 by _

One time Town 'target' Shaka Hislop in goal too.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

on 22:03 - Feb 27 with 5705 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:00 - Feb 27 by Renegade_Statman

One time Town 'target' Shaka Hislop in goal too.

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:08 - Feb 27 with 5697 viewsRenegade_Statman

on 22:03 - Feb 27 by _

Can't be many Town fans that like Bruce Springsteen and only went to their first away game 17 years ago

on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 5647 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:08 - Feb 27 by Renegade_Statman

Can't be many Town fans that like Bruce Springsteen and only went to their first away game 17 years ago

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:56 - Feb 27 with 5623 viewstextbackup

I was 15/16 at time of this game, went to pretty much every away game that season via the supporters coaches (I know!)

My 2 memories of the game is the foul for the free kick, the blokes in front going apesht claiming it was a penalty, people all waiting for the reply on west ham big scene but it didn't appear 'fcking typical that's not on there shouted the bloke in front'.... Few seconds later silence as reuser ran up, over the wall, GOAL! Reuser Reuser Reuser.....
Second memory, everyone was singing walking out, an old boy, West Ham, with a goaty and about 5 ear rings stop in front of me and growled in my face, lol... Had no idea what to do, so said "excuse me" and walked by...

The end

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 22:59 - Feb 27 with 5619 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 22:56 - Feb 27 by textbackup

I was 15/16 at time of this game, went to pretty much every away game that season via the supporters coaches (I know!)

My 2 memories of the game is the foul for the free kick, the blokes in front going apesht claiming it was a penalty, people all waiting for the reply on west ham big scene but it didn't appear 'fcking typical that's not on there shouted the bloke in front'.... Few seconds later silence as reuser ran up, over the wall, GOAL! Reuser Reuser Reuser.....
Second memory, everyone was singing walking out, an old boy, West Ham, with a goaty and about 5 ear rings stop in front of me and growled in my face, lol... Had no idea what to do, so said "excuse me" and walked by...

The end

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 23:01 - Feb 27 with 5612 viewstextbackup

on 22:59 - Feb 27 by _

He may have actually, he was so good

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 23:04 - Feb 27 with 5606 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 23:01 - Feb 27 by textbackup

He may have actually, he was so good

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 23:47 - Feb 27 with 5575 viewsbournemouthblue

on 23:04 - Feb 27 by _

He was that extra bit of quality when you needed it

The kind of player we only loan nowadays and dream of signing. I suppose if we did ever do the impossible and get promoted again, we may just sign one of these Fraser, Lawrence or Celina's

Reuser was initially loaned in but signed for about £1 million a believe, which back then would be more like a £5 million signing

Didn't we also spend about £3 million on Stewart?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

on 08:12 - Feb 28 with 5432 views_

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 23:47 - Feb 27 by bournemouthblue

The kind of player we only loan nowadays and dream of signing. I suppose if we did ever do the impossible and get promoted again, we may just sign one of these Fraser, Lawrence or Celina's

Reuser was initially loaned in but signed for about £1 million a believe, which back then would be more like a £5 million signing

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 09:53 - Feb 28 with 5367 viewspatrickswell

Can’t remember if it was after this match or the draw with them earlier that season, but Di Canio compared us to Inter Milan in his post-match interview.
West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 5346 viewsSergio

on 21:58 - Feb 27 by _

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/martijn-reuser-scores-the-ipswic
West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 10:27 - Feb 28 with 5342 viewsfarkenhell

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 09:53 - Feb 28 by patrickswell

Can’t remember if it was after this match or the draw with them earlier that season, but Di Canio compared us to Inter Milan in his post-match interview.

I thought the same. "Ipswich is a fantastic club" or something like that. I seem to recall that, in the spirit of manlove, even Phil was moved to say "not a bad bloke, is he?" (or something like that).
West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 12:58 - Feb 28 with 5274 viewsitfcjoe

Irregular posters nsblu1 and BlueWharf have a good story about this game as they had tickets in the West Ham chicken run, the delay of game after Reuser's goal may have been down to their hasty exit....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:00 - Feb 28 with 5264 viewsHerbivore

on 08:12 - Feb 28 by _

That's just brought back all my memories of why I bloody loved Reuser. Such a fantastic player.

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:08 - Feb 28 with 5248 viewsReuser_is_God

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 23:47 - Feb 27 by bournemouthblue

You’ve just compared Reuser with Fraser, Lawrence & Celina?

LOL

As much potential as those 3 have I doubt any of them will ever be fit to lace the boots of Martijn.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:09 - Feb 28 with 5243 viewsmaccyd9

I was there.

That performance, despite the scoreline suggesting it was a little closer, was fabulous. We absolutely dominated a side that had Bilic, Joe Cole, Di Canio and we ought to have won by a far bigger margin.

I don't know the stats, but if we didn't have well over 60% possessionI'd be amazed. It was probably one of the best all round away performances I've seen in my 38 years of being a Town fan.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 13:12]
West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:11 - Feb 28 with 5238 viewsReuser_is_God

on 08:12 - Feb 28 by _

Well summed up.

He was incredible. When people of our generation say the best town player they ever saw was either Stewart or Holland I feel sorry for Reuser.

Obviously that’s not belittlling MH or MS but Reuser is up there. Just for his sheer skill alone.

Evans out

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:13 - Feb 28 with 5219 viewsHerbivore

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:11 - Feb 28 by Reuser_is_God

Well summed up.

He was incredible. When people of our generation say the best town player they ever saw was either Stewart or Holland I feel sorry for Reuser.

Obviously that’s not belittlling MH or MS but Reuser is up there. Just for his sheer skill alone.

Reuser had the most ability, Holland and Stewart made a bigger contribution overall.

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:14 - Feb 28 with 5218 viewsRenegade_Statman

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:11 - Feb 28 by Reuser_is_God

Well summed up.

Have to agree, Reuser really was a fabulous player. Someone who got the fans off their seats.

I see he's a coach with a Dutch side now. Potential future manager?

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:16 - Feb 28 with 5206 viewsReuser_is_God

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:13 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

Reuser had the most ability, Holland and Stewart made a bigger contribution overall.

Of course, it also comes down to an individuals criteria for ‘the best player’

I was only 11 or 12 when Holland left so for me the ‘best player’ at that time would be who gave me the most memories - Stewart & Reuser trump Holland there.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 13:16]

Evans out

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:18 - Feb 28 with 5204 viewsitfcjoe

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:16 - Feb 28 by Reuser_is_God

Of course, it also comes down to an individuals criteria for ‘the best player’

I was only 11 or 12 when Holland left so for me the ‘best player’ at that time would be who gave me the most memories - Stewart & Reuser trump Holland there.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 13:16]

I prefer Johnson to Stewart, not sure how rational that is - but just loved watching DJ

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:34 - Feb 28 with 5165 viewsmaccyd9

West Ham 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2001 on 13:18 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

I prefer Johnson to Stewart, not sure how rational that is - but just loved watching DJ

The problem I had with DJ was just the sheer size of his @rse. That said, he was deceptively quick and strong and his waddle probably lulled most defenders in to a false sense of security.

Thinking back on that play off winning side is so depressing. Magilton, Holland, Reuser, Stewart, Johnson will get the headlines and would all walk in to any Championship side now but those aside, Mogga, McGeal, Venus, Clapham, Wilnis, Wright would waltz in to our starting 11 today.

What a side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024