Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF.................. 10:10 - Mar 13 with 1776 viewsBlueNomad

after the PM's comments the UK decides on sanctions etc against Russia should England participate in the World Cup this summer? The old politics in sports argument will surface.

My own feeling is that if it is proven to be a state sponsored attack then the FA should not send a team to a competition that is not only about football but gives the hosts the opportunity to show itself off to the world.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:11]
IF.................. on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 1744 viewsNo9

& IF the Russians continue to deny they had any involvement?

How does any one nation go about proving what another nation did if access to the official files in the accused country are not available?

& the White House wants to get involved despite all the allegations surrounding the current administration & Russian connections

Should sports personalities bare the brunt while political parties(or maybe just one) take money from the Russians & is the diplomatic gate open to the oligarchs who now live here?

Not a good situation with a weak & incompetent PM at the helm
IF.................. on 10:23 - Mar 13 with 1722 viewsHeathlander

Some bloke on the telebox last night said we should hold an alternative World Cup here during the summer. Invite all the teams who are not in Putin's pocket to play in the tournament.

I like that idea. We could host games at FPR.
IF.................. on 10:34 - Mar 13 with 1709 viewsimsureazzure

IF.................. on 10:23 - Mar 13 by Heathlander

Some bloke on the telebox last night said we should hold an alternative World Cup here during the summer. Invite all the teams who are not in Putin's pocket to play in the tournament.

I like that idea. We could host games at FPR.

And call it the home internationals?
IF.................. on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 1708 viewsGlasgowBlue

I completely agree with you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

IF.................. on 10:38 - Mar 13 with 1699 viewsimsureazzure

IF.................. on 10:35 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree with you.

It would hurt this country financially, well England, more than Russia.
IF.................. on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 1696 viewsgiant_stow

IF.................. on 10:16 - Mar 13 by No9

& IF the Russians continue to deny they had any involvement?

How does any one nation go about proving what another nation did if access to the official files in the accused country are not available?

& the White House wants to get involved despite all the allegations surrounding the current administration & Russian connections

Should sports personalities bare the brunt while political parties(or maybe just one) take money from the Russians & is the diplomatic gate open to the oligarchs who now live here?

Not a good situation with a weak & incompetent PM at the helm

Trump's staying quiet for some reason - its just Tillerson who's said something.

I'd image that our sports personalities couldn't care less about the world cup, going by past efforts.

And Russia is hardly going to come clean now, so I reckon that's a red herring too. Apologies.

The more I think about it, the dafter sending a team there seems. kiss it off and start appropriating some Russian London mansions.

Edit: and reverse these military spending cuts - we're clearly on our own. No help from the yanks and none from the EU - if we're gonna be on our own, we need more clout.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:42]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

IF.................. on 10:40 - Mar 13 with 1691 viewsGlasgowBlue

IF.................. on 10:38 - Mar 13 by imsureazzure

Probably. But principles should come before finance on this occasion.

If Russia launched an unprovoked chemical attack in this country I can’t see how we can send a team to the finals.

Iron Lion Zion

IF.................. on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 1676 viewsimsureazzure

IF.................. on 10:40 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

Probably. But principles should come before finance on this occasion.

If Russia launched an unprovoked chemical attack in this country I can’t see how we can send a team to the finals.

Yes but can't envisage why Russia would have done that really what is their gain?
Login to get fewer ads

IF.................. on 10:52 - Mar 13 with 1654 viewsGlasgowBlue

IF.................. on 10:44 - Mar 13 by imsureazzure

Yes but can't envisage why Russia would have done that really what is their gain?

I thought the same when this first broke but the more I read the more likely this is state sanctioned. Whether directly from Putin or from a subordinate trying to gain brownie points.

To try to murder somebody this way is obviously done so to send a message. It would have been very easy just to have the bloke disappear with no fuss.

Iron Lion Zion

IF.................. on 10:56 - Mar 13 with 1635 viewsTrickster

IF.................. on 10:38 - Mar 13 by imsureazzure

Cc: Brexit

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

IF.................. on 11:01 - Mar 13 with 1632 viewsBlueRaider

If the EU and NATO were to band together and all countries went to FIFA saying they will boycott if Russia are the hosts then something may be done. That would really hurt Russia and may make them think again about harbouring the criminals who may have done this along with the Litvinenko murder

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

IF.................. on 11:15 - Mar 13 with 1604 viewsimsureazzure

IF.................. on 11:01 - Mar 13 by BlueRaider

If the EU and NATO were to band together and all countries went to FIFA saying they will boycott if Russia are the hosts then something may be done. That would really hurt Russia and may make them think again about harbouring the criminals who may have done this along with the Litvinenko murder

Agreed, forget the EU part, NATO is the key, lets see how the French and Germans react, if they withdraw as a result of an attack on their NATO partner then it will mean something.
IF.................. on 11:20 - Mar 13 with 1588 viewsRyorry

Pfft, they & the rest of the world would just laugh & say we weren't going because Kane's injured & we knew we'd be out after the first 3 matches anyway. Wouldn't have any impact at all.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

IF.................. on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 1577 viewsBloomBlue

Russia is laughing at us and will continue laughing at us until we have robust conversations with them.

England pulling out of the world cup won't make any difference we would need all European countries to pull out and that won't happen
IF.................. on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 1489 viewsRob88

IF.................. on 11:22 - Mar 13 by BloomBlue

Russia is laughing at us and will continue laughing at us until we have robust conversations with them.

England pulling out of the world cup won't make any difference we would need all European countries to pull out and that won't happen

"robust conversations".........I hope I never piss you off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024