Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard 10:56 - Mar 12 with 6554 viewsSteve_M

I had forgotten about he early 90s bond scheme.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-pitch-invasion-led-to-unjust-

The pictures are well worth a look too, loads of caption worthy ones.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:17 - Mar 12 with 4649 viewsHarryfromBath

That's a really insightful piece Steve and thanks for sharing it. The old Upton Park Stadium echoed the Hammers' world in many ways, a tight and close-knit location with a strong sense of community and it's easy to understand the fans sense of alienation.

I reckon that this wound has been festering ever since the move and it only needed a downturn in form for the anger to surface. The club will have to work nimbly and quickly to get this back under control.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

on 11:20 - Mar 12 with 4639 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:23 - Mar 12 with 4630 viewssoupytwist

I was going to post a link to that, so glad I noticed you'd already done so.

Whatever you think of West Ham and their sense of Cockney/East End exceptionalism (it's a load of bobbins if you ask me), there is more to this than the media trotting out the tired 'not real West Ham fans' cliches and knee jerk condemnation of fans. A trio of wily business people are doing very well out of a situation which has taken the club from their home to a wholly unsuitable new ground and unsurprisingly some fans are less than happy.

Wasn't impressed by the AJ trainers worn by the first pitch invader and several of the pictures seem to show Ogbonna copping a fair bit of flak for some reason.
A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:28 - Mar 12 with 4622 viewsReuser_is_God

Whilst it’s all pretty unsavoury at the minute I think the message the West Ham fans are trying to get across is a good one for football in general, they’re basically saying ‘don’t mess with the tradition of our clubs for your personal interests & greed you fcuking idiots’

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:33 - Mar 12 with 4598 viewsfactual_blue

I'm not sure what happened next here, but the chap in the jeans seems to be compliant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 11:33 - Mar 12 with 4592 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:28 - Mar 12 by Reuser_is_God

Whilst it’s all pretty unsavoury at the minute I think the message the West Ham fans are trying to get across is a good one for football in general, they’re basically saying ‘don’t mess with the tradition of our clubs for your personal interests & greed you fcuking idiots’

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:35 - Mar 12 with 4578 viewschicoazul

on 11:33 - Mar 12 by _

This is all true and good points well made but I must admit I am loving watching them disintegrate, as I truly hate West Ham and many of the idiots that support them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 4571 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:35 - Mar 12 by chicoazul

This is all true and good points well made but I must admit I am loving watching them disintegrate, as I truly hate West Ham and many of the idiots that support them.

Login to get fewer ads

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:38 - Mar 12 with 4562 viewschicoazul

on 11:37 - Mar 12 by _

I do quite like Moyes though. He may take Sunderland and West Ham down consecutively all still with a year left on his original Man U contract. There is a man who truly understands banter.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 11:40 - Mar 12 with 4557 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:38 - Mar 12 by chicoazul

I do quite like Moyes though. He may take Sunderland and West Ham down consecutively all still with a year left on his original Man U contract. There is a man who truly understands banter.

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:41 - Mar 12 with 4549 viewshype313

on 11:40 - Mar 12 by _

Shocking really, and to be honest he was just very lucky he had a great chairman in Kenwright as he could have easily gone under different owners at Everton.

He's another Phil Brown.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 11:43 - Mar 12 with 4536 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:41 - Mar 12 by hype313

Shocking really, and to be honest he was just very lucky he had a great chairman in Kenwright as he could have easily gone under different owners at Everton.

He's another Phil Brown.

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:45 - Mar 12 with 4527 viewsgiant_stow

on 11:33 - Mar 12 by _

Maybe they could ground share with orient?

giggle.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 4524 viewshype313

on 11:43 - Mar 12 by _

Ha, yep, he still thinks he's the messiah as Fergie handed him the keys, even though he then ploughed it into a tree and has subsequently rolled the thing down one long hill.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 11:49 - Mar 12 with 4513 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:45 - Mar 12 by giant_stow

Maybe they could ground share with orient?

giggle.

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:56 - Mar 12 with 4494 viewsReuser_is_God

on 11:49 - Mar 12 by _

The usual African players will be interested in coming over for the money.

Oh...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 11:58 - Mar 12 with 4480 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 11:56 - Mar 12 by Reuser_is_God

The usual African players will be interested in coming over for the money.

Oh...

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:17 - Mar 12 with 4431 viewsBurwell_Blue

I am curious to find out the feelings of the fans when the stadium move was first mooted. Did they raise their arms in uproar or where they - as suspected - dense enough to believe the nonsense that was being sent their way?

How would we feel if a new stadium close to the A14 was to be our new home instead of PR? Would we accept it? If ME told us we could have £80 to spend on players if we moved, would we go without so much as a whimper?
A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:20 - Mar 12 with 4416 viewsfactual_blue

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:17 - Mar 12 by Burwell_Blue

I am curious to find out the feelings of the fans when the stadium move was first mooted. Did they raise their arms in uproar or where they - as suspected - dense enough to believe the nonsense that was being sent their way?

How would we feel if a new stadium close to the A14 was to be our new home instead of PR? Would we accept it? If ME told us we could have £80 to spend on players if we moved, would we go without so much as a whimper?

£80 wouldn't go very far.

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:21 - Mar 12 with 4413 viewsBurwell_Blue

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:20 - Mar 12 by factual_blue

£80 wouldn't go very far.

Would be a 100% increase tho.
A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:24 - Mar 12 with 4404 viewsfactual_blue

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:21 - Mar 12 by Burwell_Blue

Would be a 100% increase tho.

We spent £40 this year then?

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:28 - Mar 12 with 4385 viewsSuperfrans

That's a great piece by John Dillon.

The journalist who spoke on MOTD 3 yesterday was also very good. He made the same point that Wet Spam were convinced to leave behind their heritage/history on the basis that the move would turn them into a bigger club, enable them to step up and become more than perennial relegation/promotion candidates.

But, not only have they found themselves somewhere that is unfit for purpose, an awful, sterile experience, but they haven't been delivered on the football side either. To make matters worse, Upton Park has now been flattened and there is no way of going back.

It's a terrible state of affairs. I don't like West Ham or their fans - my wife is a Spurs fan, my family are all Spurs, and (living in East London) I face up to the arrogance of West Ham fans every day. But what the Brady and the dildo brothers have done to that club and its fans is nothing short of a disgrace.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:35 - Mar 12 with 4362 viewsSuperfrans

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:17 - Mar 12 by Burwell_Blue

As per my other post, the fans were sold the move on the basis that West Ham would become a top half of the Prem club, capable of competing with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea in London, moving from a 35,000 capacity stadium to a 56,000 one. On the face of it, that's a good shout. Interesting to see their biggest Premier attendances here - all of biggest crowds set in the past two seasons.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-ham-united/tab/stats/option/attendances/

I'm sure plenty of fans would support a move to the A14 for us, if we were in the Premiership, potentially giving us to a capacity of 50,000 etc etc. But if we got there, found it was a terrible ground and immediately in a relegation scrap, we'd likely be upset.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:40 - Mar 12 with 4344 viewsuefacup81

Is Sir Trev having a cry?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 4337 views_

A good piece on West Ham here in the Standard on 12:40 - Mar 12 by uefacup81

Is Sir Trev having a cry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024