Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Cotter 15:25 - Apr 11 with 3550 viewsNazemariner

I was as shocked as anyone when MM hooked him on 55 minutes, but with hindsight it was a good decision.

As exciting as Cotter looked going forward, he was very average defensively. Barnsley were having a lot of success down their right wing, and if an equaliser was going to come from anywhere, it was going to be there.

Not that it was relevant at the time of the substitution, but Ward was the best player on the pitch for the last half hour. He went past his full back on numerous occasions.
Barry Cotter on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 3485 viewsMaySixth

Ahhh, hindsight

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Barry Cotter on 15:39 - Apr 11 with 3472 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd be interested to know how many players play a full 90 minutes on their debut. One of my underlings can work it out.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 15:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Barry Cotter on 15:39 - Apr 11 with 3469 viewsITFC_Forever

The FB they were both cruising past was Zeki Fryers.....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Barry Cotter on 15:54 - Apr 11 with 3390 viewslongtimefan

I think you'll find Kenlock was defending the Barnsley right wing!
Barry Cotter on 18:15 - Apr 11 with 3232 viewsNazemariner

Barry Cotter on 15:54 - Apr 11 by longtimefan

I think you'll find Kenlock was defending the Barnsley right wing!

You pedant!

I still have to hold my hands up to check which is left and right

Barry Cotter on 18:25 - Apr 11 with 3199 viewsDennyx4

Agree, with most of that - I think part of our problem when we play wing backs, is that too often we have wanted them to be better defensively than going forward.

The other piece, when Folami came on we changed shape to a 442, with Ward playing right midfield. In hindsight, bearing in mind only about 2 minutes between the subs, I wonder whether MM would have got as much stick if Folami had replaced Cotter? and then Ward for Carayol.

Ward did really well, and grew more and more confident every time he beat Fryers.
Barry Cotter on 19:05 - Apr 11 with 3120 viewsSwailsey

Barry Cotter on 15:39 - Apr 11 by SpruceMoose

I'd be interested to know how many players play a full 90 minutes on their debut. One of my underlings can work it out.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 15:40]

Here I am sir.

Do you mean youngsters?

Hyam, Emmanuel spring to mind.

Others...

Skuse, Tabb?

That’s all Sir.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Barry Cotter on 19:13 - Apr 11 with 3083 viewssparks

Barry Cotter on 18:25 - Apr 11 by Dennyx4

Agree, with most of that - I think part of our problem when we play wing backs, is that too often we have wanted them to be better defensively than going forward.

The other piece, when Folami came on we changed shape to a 442, with Ward playing right midfield. In hindsight, bearing in mind only about 2 minutes between the subs, I wonder whether MM would have got as much stick if Folami had replaced Cotter? and then Ward for Carayol.

Ward did really well, and grew more and more confident every time he beat Fryers.

They key point is that he probably wouldnt have got stick for it at all- but for the track record on such things.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Cotter on 19:13 - Apr 11 with 3077 viewsSpruceMoose

Barry Cotter on 19:05 - Apr 11 by Swailsey

Here I am sir.

Do you mean youngsters?

Hyam, Emmanuel spring to mind.

Others...

Skuse, Tabb?

That’s all Sir.

Stupid boy! I mean their real debut at this level, not the town debut.

J2, get this man a P45.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Barry Cotter on 19:19 - Apr 11 with 3055 viewsJ2BLUE

Barry Cotter on 19:13 - Apr 11 by SpruceMoose

J2, get this man a P45.

No! I can't live without him!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Barry Cotter on 19:20 - Apr 11 with 3048 viewsPJH

He was also slow in getting back a couple of times just before getting withdrawn but obviously they couldn't see that from The North Stand.

A very good debut by Cotter though, loads of promise so hopefully it will turn into something.
Barry Cotter on 19:27 - Apr 11 with 3019 viewsSpruceMoose

Barry Cotter on 19:19 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

No! I can't live without him!

Benters, get these two chimps their P45s!

Barry Cotter on 19:30 - Apr 11 with 3001 viewsDarth_Koont

Barry Cotter on 19:13 - Apr 11 by sparks

They key point is that he probably wouldnt have got stick for it at all- but for the track record on such things.

What track record?

Pronouns: He/Him

Barry Cotter on 19:40 - Apr 11 with 2958 viewsBurwell_Blue

I was in lower Cobbold right where Cotter was hugging the touch line and he was puffing like a train just before he was taken off. He looked shot.
Barry Cotter on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 2948 viewsSuperblueE39

I was also puzzled at the decision but he had his reasons and we won the match. If we had have won the game 10 nil the moaners would have found a negative. I am pleased he has decided to go for HIS own sake. I think some people have short memories. This club was heading for the grave yard when he took over and some of the abuse he has had to suffer has been disgraceful. Thanks Mick and good luck in the future.
Barry Cotter on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 2945 viewsSpruceMoose

Barry Cotter on 19:40 - Apr 11 by Burwell_Blue

I was in lower Cobbold right where Cotter was hugging the touch line and he was puffing like a train just before he was taken off. He looked shot.

Yeah, but those facts don't help the narrative that Mick only took him off as part of one last insult aimed at those incredibly important and loud mouthed fans.

Barry Cotter on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 2868 viewsSwailsey

Barry Cotter on 19:13 - Apr 11 by SpruceMoose

J2, get this man a P45.

Oh ok.

Then...

Emmanuel?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Barry Cotter on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 2864 viewsSpruceMoose

Barry Cotter on 20:13 - Apr 11 by Swailsey

Oh ok.

Then...

Emmanuel?

Good work on taking the first steps on your long road to redemption in the Spruce Stable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024