Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a significant sale IMHO 15:52 - Jun 27 with 879 viewshomer_123

ball playing CB leaving.

It's a big, big test for Evans and PH.

Will PH see any of this money?

What does this tell us about PHs approach, losing a ball playing young CB?

Did Webster request a transfer?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 853 viewscobbler

Ball player really I never saw much of that.
This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:56 - Jun 27 with 829 viewsWD19

What does it tell us about PH approach?

That he is pragmatic. 5m is more than Webster is worth and gives him some options to work with.
This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:57 - Jun 27 with 816 viewsStokieBlue

Can't really read anything into Hurst approach until we've seen the town.

Maybe he doesn't want a defender who can pass it 60 yards forward but someone who will be neat and tidy and then pass it short to a midfielder to work it forward.

We have no idea.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:57 - Jun 27 with 810 viewsWestcountryblue

Chalobah is a very technically gifted CB, so i wouldn't question PH's approach too much.

Facts are...

1 . Norwich showed much more resolve at the negotiations table. 22m for Maddison is a cracking deal, 5m for Webster is pathetic.
2. Bristol have sold a 28 year old CB, who is a similar standard of player to Webster for 7m. Webster is 23 years old, with the potential to be a far superior defender. Yet somehow Bristol City have ended up banking 2m...We should have asked for 7m at least.
3. PH will have to spend a decent amount of the money he receives on replacing Webster. A similar quality replacement won't be cheap.
4. Nothing over the past few years suggests that PH will see much of this money.
5. Selling to a division rival...smacks of a lack of ambition.
6. Portsmouth will see some of this money.

I'd have like to have seen a bit more backbone from ME at the negotiation table. We've been robbed here.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 15:59]
This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:58 - Jun 27 with 801 viewshomer_123

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:56 - Jun 27 by WD19

What does it tell us about PH approach?

That he is pragmatic. 5m is more than Webster is worth and gives him some options to work with.

Assuming said funds are made available to PH.

Which I doubt. Given that Evans has made it clear PH is working under the same constraints as Mick.

£5m is good business though.

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 790 viewshomer_123

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:57 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Chalobah is a very technically gifted CB, so i wouldn't question PH's approach too much.

Facts are...

1 . Norwich showed much more resolve at the negotiations table. 22m for Maddison is a cracking deal, 5m for Webster is pathetic.
2. Bristol have sold a 28 year old CB, who is a similar standard of player to Webster for 7m. Webster is 23 years old, with the potential to be a far superior defender. Yet somehow Bristol City have ended up banking 2m...We should have asked for 7m at least.
3. PH will have to spend a decent amount of the money he receives on replacing Webster. A similar quality replacement won't be cheap.
4. Nothing over the past few years suggests that PH will see much of this money.

I'd have like to have seen a bit more backbone from ME at the negotiation table. We've been robbed here.

I'm more concerned that PH won't see any of that money.

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 785 viewshomer_123

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:57 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Can't really read anything into Hurst approach until we've seen the town.

Maybe he doesn't want a defender who can pass it 60 yards forward but someone who will be neat and tidy and then pass it short to a midfielder to work it forward.

We have no idea.

SB

I don't disagree SB.

This is a significant sale IMHO on 16:01 - Jun 27 with 765 viewsWestcountryblue

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:59 - Jun 27 by homer_123

I'm more concerned that PH won't see any of that money.

Difference is Steve Lansdown is a committed owner, who has pumped money into his club. Marcus Evans isn't. Sad times indeed if we are selling some of our best assets to Bristol City.
Login to get fewer ads

This is a significant sale IMHO on 16:07 - Jun 27 with 721 viewssparks

This is a significant sale IMHO on 16:01 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Difference is Steve Lansdown is a committed owner, who has pumped money into his club. Marcus Evans isn't. Sad times indeed if we are selling some of our best assets to Bristol City.

Evans has been here some considerable time now and pumped significant sums of money in.

Why deny that?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is a significant sale IMHO on 16:08 - Jun 27 with 716 viewsSimonds92

This is a significant sale IMHO on 15:57 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Facts are...

Spot on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024