Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bean to cup people 09:08 - Jun 27 with 4413 viewsBluefish

I asked about one of these a couple of times on here while I toyed with the idea. Well I have finally ordered one, what are your top tips when using? I have gone for a super automatic so probably can't go too far wrong. Any good bean tips?

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bean to cup people on 09:10 - Jun 27 with 4170 viewsKeno

is this another one of those weird videos with a couple of girls and a cup?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bean to cup people on 09:16 - Jun 27 with 4153 viewsBluefish

Bean to cup people on 09:10 - Jun 27 by Keno

is this another one of those weird videos with a couple of girls and a cup?

I sent the original of that to a few people in the office in my younger days so that They would open it and get a shock. A couple of them still remind me of it. TWTD

Bean to cup people on 09:18 - Jun 27 with 4148 viewsLord_Lucan

Keep beans in fridge and only grind just prior to use. Brighton Lanes coffee.

Did you get a delonghi?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bean to cup people on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 4143 viewsKeno

Bean to cup people on 09:16 - Jun 27 by Bluefish

I sent the original of that to a few people in the office in my younger days so that They would open it and get a shock. A couple of them still remind me of it. TWTD

haha!! TWTD were the days indeed

just imagine the HR response now!!

Bean to cup people on 09:20 - Jun 27 with 4140 viewsBluefish

Bean to cup people on 09:18 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

Did you get a delonghi?

Yes ecam 23 120b

No idea if it is Any good spent ages looking at a different one and then just ordered this one about 10 seconds after seeing it

Someone else said don't keep the beans in the fridge and they are better in a cool dark place. Grinder is built in

Bean to cup people on 09:26 - Jun 27 with 4125 viewsNo9

The delonhi are good.
Coffee depends on your personal taste I like illy beans or, if I am in Norwich I go to Wilkinsons and get their own Bella Napoli beans
Bean to cup people on 09:27 - Jun 27 with 4121 viewseireblue

Buy green beans, roast them yourself.
Bean to cup people on 09:30 - Jun 27 with 4120 viewsLord_Lucan

Bean to cup people on 09:20 - Jun 27 by Bluefish

Yes ecam 23 120b

No idea if it is Any good spent ages looking at a different one and then just ordered this one about 10 seconds after seeing it

Someone else said don't keep the beans in the fridge and they are better in a cool dark place. Grinder is built in

Well I’m not an expert so they might be right.

I’ve always fancied one but never bit the bullet due to the price of the things. I once joined a coffee forum to get some advice and tips and some old wise heads recommended simply buying a grinder and one of those plunger cafeteir things and I must admit it done the job, trouble is I’m a lazy bastard and soon got out of the habit.

I can’t recommend this enough. https://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/collections/light-medium-roast-blends/products/b

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Bean to cup people on 09:37 - Jun 27 with 4104 viewsBluefish

Bean to cup people on 09:30 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

Well I’m not an expert so they might be right.

I’ve always fancied one but never bit the bullet due to the price of the things. I once joined a coffee forum to get some advice and tips and some old wise heads recommended simply buying a grinder and one of those plunger cafeteir things and I must admit it done the job, trouble is I’m a lazy bastard and soon got out of the habit.

I can’t recommend this enough. https://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/collections/light-medium-roast-blends/products/b

Cheers I'll order some. I suppose it is going to take lots of different beans to find a favourite.

We've had one of those pod machines for years but i hate the milk so really wanted a machine with a milk frother. I also like the option to vary the size and strength as I prefer stronger than the missus

When I park on your drive next I'll bring a sample....might bring a coffee as well

Bean to cup people on 09:43 - Jun 27 with 4081 viewsLord_Lucan

Bean to cup people on 09:37 - Jun 27 by Bluefish

Cheers I'll order some. I suppose it is going to take lots of different beans to find a favourite.

We've had one of those pod machines for years but i hate the milk so really wanted a machine with a milk frother. I also like the option to vary the size and strength as I prefer stronger than the missus

When I park on your drive next I'll bring a sample....might bring a coffee as well

Ha. Both welcome.

Yes coffee is each to their own, someone recommended their favourite on here which I tried and it was like drinking the stuff in prison.

My problem if I get back in the swing of the plunger thing is remembering how much coffee to use.

Bean to cup people on 09:45 - Jun 27 with 4074 viewsLord_Lucan

Bean to cup people on 09:37 - Jun 27 by Bluefish

Ha. Both welcome.

Yes coffee is each to their own, someone recommended their favourite on here which I tried and it was like drinking the stuff in prison.

My problem if I get back in the swing of the plunger thing is remembering how much coffee to use.

Bean to cup people on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 4068 viewsStokieBlue

Keep it clean. It's a nightmare if you let the insides get covered in crushed beans.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bean to cup people on 09:54 - Jun 27 with 4059 viewsfarkenhell

If you want beans on a budget (I know some people might find that a tad ironic because you've bought an expensive machine) Aldi's do a very reasonably-priced range of 3, 4 & 5 strength. I buy the 5 (Columbian) and it is very drinkable, although as Lucan said, it is of course down to personal taste.

I was also told to store them in a fridge until one day talking to an Italian guy who runs a coffee house in my local town. I can't recall his exact words, but he gave me a look as if I had just pooed myself and his arms started waving like he had been struck by a bolt of lightning. Have kept the beans in the cupboard ever since!
Bean to cup people on 10:18 - Jun 27 with 4032 viewsPendejo

Bean to cup people on 09:54 - Jun 27 by farkenhell

If you want beans on a budget (I know some people might find that a tad ironic because you've bought an expensive machine) Aldi's do a very reasonably-priced range of 3, 4 & 5 strength. I buy the 5 (Columbian) and it is very drinkable, although as Lucan said, it is of course down to personal taste.

I was also told to store them in a fridge until one day talking to an Italian guy who runs a coffee house in my local town. I can't recall his exact words, but he gave me a look as if I had just pooed myself and his arms started waving like he had been struck by a bolt of lightning. Have kept the beans in the cupboard ever since!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bean to cup people on 11:01 - Jun 27 with 3989 viewsfarkenhell

Bean to cup people on 10:18 - Jun 27 by Pendejo

Ha - consider myself told!

Edit - this is the first time, at least to my knowledge, that I have been called "Gringo". I quite like it. I will need to find a new board name soon, when the mad-eyed one in charge of our 6-fingered neighbours truly farkes it up and farkes off. Gringo it could be!
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 11:07]
Bean to cup people on 11:13 - Jun 27 with 3966 viewsKeno

Bean to cup people on 11:01 - Jun 27 by farkenhell

Ha - consider myself told!

Edit - this is the first time, at least to my knowledge, that I have been called "Gringo". I quite like it. I will need to find a new board name soon, when the mad-eyed one in charge of our 6-fingered neighbours truly farkes it up and farkes off. Gringo it could be!
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 11:07]

"the Blue Gringo' sounds good - or the Blingo

Bean to cup people on 11:20 - Jun 27 with 3957 viewsfarkenhell

Bean to cup people on 11:13 - Jun 27 by Keno

"the Blue Gringo' sounds good - or the Blingo

The Blue Gringo it is!

Bookmarked.
Bean to cup people on 11:21 - Jun 27 with 3956 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Clear out a cupboard to put it in after the impending six months of disuse
Bean to cup people on 11:30 - Jun 27 with 3951 viewsfarkenhell

Bean to cup people on 11:21 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Clear out a cupboard to put it in after the impending six months of disuse

Use mine 4 or 5 times a day. Keep the beans and water topped up, press a button and the machine does the rest, with hot coffee 20 seconds later. Ideal for a lazy git like me!
Bean to cup people on 11:45 - Jun 27 with 3929 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Bean to cup people on 11:30 - Jun 27 by farkenhell

Use mine 4 or 5 times a day. Keep the beans and water topped up, press a button and the machine does the rest, with hot coffee 20 seconds later. Ideal for a lazy git like me!

That’s fine if you’re retired or unemployed
Bean to cup people on 11:46 - Jun 27 with 3926 viewsBluefish

Bean to cup people on 11:45 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

That’s fine if you’re retired or unemployed

I work from home.....Well I will when I return in another months time

Bean to cup people on 12:01 - Jun 27 with 3907 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bean to cup people on 09:18 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

Did you get a delonghi?

A cool place but definateky notbthe fridge. It creates moisture.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bean to cup people on 12:16 - Jun 27 with 3899 viewsdryas

My top tip is don't bother. Buy fresh beans, grind them yourself and use an Aeropress (£25) to make the coffee.
Bean to cup people on 12:39 - Jun 27 with 3872 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

I grind my own beans using a burr grinder (a chop grinder singes the beans due to the heat caused by friction) and then a moka pot. Lully old job. Someone once told me to try Jamaica Blue Mountain beans but they were about 4 million quid so I dinged it.

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

Bean to cup people on 14:04 - Jun 27 with 3815 viewsBinner

Bean to cup people on 12:01 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

A cool place but definateky notbthe fridge. It creates moisture.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024