Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Delph is still absent then 17:06 - Jul 3 with 888 viewsDanFord

What do you think about this? He went home last week for the birth of his third child that still hasn't arrived. My first thought was that he's a professional and he should be with the squad, but then it occurred that his wife could have health issues, may have had a difficult pregnancy and so on so of course I then thought that he should rightly be with her. But given that was the case, was it selfish of him to go to Russia? If he knew she was due at the end of the group stages and this could occur, has he stopped someone else being part of the squad? It's a bit bizarre that we are down a man, having not taken Lallana, Wilshere or Shelvey and missing creativity, to take an extra man in Delph who was always likely to fly home, when we have plenty of options at defensive midfielder and full back. An odd inclusion if he was honest with Southgate from the start about likely going home. Weird.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

So Delph is still absent then on 17:09 - Jul 3 with 860 viewsBluefish

It is a non issue. Be good to have him avaialble but we have a big bench and it is 1 game

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So Delph is still absent then on 17:12 - Jul 3 with 842 viewsSwansea_Blue

Easily manageable. But yes, that's a reasonable point that maybe we should have taken someone else instead knowing he was going to be absent. We always take someone who can't play though - it's part of our history!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Delph is still absent then on 17:12 - Jul 3 with 840 viewsDanFord

So Delph is still absent then on 17:09 - Jul 3 by Bluefish

It is a non issue. Be good to have him avaialble but we have a big bench and it is 1 game

1 game so far. If the baby isn't here by Saturday and we got through he still won't be back. Kane's missus is expecting any day too. That would be typical wouldn't it. Reach the final and lose Kane!

So Delph is still absent then on 17:14 - Jul 3 with 824 viewsDanFord

So Delph is still absent then on 17:12 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Easily manageable. But yes, that's a reasonable point that maybe we should have taken someone else instead knowing he was going to be absent. We always take someone who can't play though - it's part of our history!

It does seem to be tradition. I can see why a Kane, Henderson or Stones was vital, but seems odd that a player who many wouldn't have had in their squad made it when they were planning to be absent for part of it. It makes me think he never told Southgate he was planning to do so until it was too late.

So Delph is still absent then on 17:16 - Jul 3 with 797 viewsJ2BLUE

So Delph is still absent then on 17:14 - Jul 3 by DanFord

It does seem to be tradition. I can see why a Kane, Henderson or Stones was vital, but seems odd that a player who many wouldn't have had in their squad made it when they were planning to be absent for part of it. It makes me think he never told Southgate he was planning to do so until it was too late.

It's 2018. He can be back in a matter of hours. It's probably just taken longer than expected and he's been allowed to remain. As Truce says, non issue at the moment. Doubt he'll miss the quarter finals if we progress.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Delph is still absent then on 17:19 - Jul 3 with 772 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Delph is still absent then on 17:32 - Jul 3 with 741 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who cares? His first 6 touches against Belgium -

Mis-controlled It - 2
Leathered it - 4

Very much making up the numbers for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024