Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali 15:26 - Jul 7 with 7403 viewssoclopath

Rubbish so far
Ali on 15:38 - Jul 7 with 5637 viewsStenvict

Mohammed?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Ali on 15:41 - Jul 7 with 5631 viewschristiand

Agree. He’s been pretty underwhelming for most of this World Cup. Was hoping he’d not be available and Loftus-Cheek started today.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ali on 15:50 - Jul 7 with 5605 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well off the pace. RLC to come on please

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ali on 15:56 - Jul 7 with 5540 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tbf he hasn't got into the positions yet where he can try and con the ref, but it'll come. He needs to hurry up though as Neymar is ahead in the Golden Springboard.

(Shouldn't be on the pitch imo, waste of a spot).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ali on 16:27 - Jul 7 with 5560 viewschiddley

Ali on 15:56 - Jul 7 by Swansea_Blue

Tbf he hasn't got into the positions yet where he can try and con the ref, but it'll come. He needs to hurry up though as Neymar is ahead in the Golden Springboard.

(Shouldn't be on the pitch imo, waste of a spot).

come again ?

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Ali on 17:59 - Jul 7 with 5522 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lot of people looking very silly in this thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ali on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 5499 viewsBloomBlue

Ali on 17:59 - Jul 7 by BrixtonBlue

That's because a lot of people in this thread know nothing about football
Ali on 18:23 - Jul 7 with 5484 viewssoclopath

Ali on 18:06 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

That's because a lot of people in this thread know nothing about football

A simple goal when unmarked doesn't reflect on his performance in this competition.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali on 18:29 - Jul 7 with 5471 viewspoppiesman

Ali on 18:23 - Jul 7 by soclopath

A simple goal when unmarked doesn't reflect on his performance in this competition.

It was his superb movement to lose his marker that made him unmarked
Ali on 20:11 - Jul 7 with 5435 viewschristiand

Not really. Yes he scored, general impact on the game minimal. There’s no doubt if everyone is fit for Wednesday night it’ll be the same XI. Doesn’t take away the fact Alli’s impact on this tournament overall has been less than impressive.

Ali on 20:22 - Jul 7 with 5418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ali on 20:11 - Jul 7 by christiand

Not really. Yes he scored, general impact on the game minimal. There’s no doubt if everyone is fit for Wednesday night it’ll be the same XI. Doesn’t take away the fact Alli’s impact on this tournament overall has been less than impressive.

Sounds like sour grapes.

"Was hoping he’d not be available."

Extraordinary thing to say. You dislike a player so much - a player who scored and helped put us into the semi final of a world cup - that you wanted him to be injured?

Unbelievable Jeff.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ali on 20:29 - Jul 7 with 5410 viewsjimmyvet

Ali on 20:22 - Jul 7 by BrixtonBlue

Sounds like sour grapes.

Extraordinary thing to say. You dislike a player so much - a player who scored and helped put us into the semi final of a world cup - that you wanted him to be injured?

Unbelievable Jeff.

Some on here are so sad they really are we need a fit and firing Deli Ali he is quality not been at absolute best but still a top top player especially for 1 so young......
Ali on 20:40 - Jul 7 with 5393 viewschristiand

Ali on 20:22 - Jul 7 by BrixtonBlue

Sounds like sour grapes.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Extraordinary thing to say? Why because I want the strongest side out there to get us in a World Cup semi final? Alli has not been pulling his weight in the side, which is clear for all to see, Loftus-Cheek has done well when he has played. Appears you’re one of those that is easily pleased. Nevertheless, you don’t need to worry it’ll be the same XI on Wednesday.

Ali on 20:43 - Jul 7 with 5386 viewschristiand

Ali on 20:29 - Jul 7 by jimmyvet

Some on here are so sad they really are we need a fit and firing Deli Ali he is quality not been at absolute best but still a top top player especially for 1 so young......

Fit and firing I agree with, but he hasn’t been doing that for Spurs or England over recent months. You can’t just stick with players for sentiment if others are looking a better option. Would you expect PH to do the same at Ipswich?

Ali on 20:52 - Jul 7 with 5367 viewsjimmyvet

Ali on 20:43 - Jul 7 by christiand

Fit and firing I agree with, but he hasn’t been doing that for Spurs or England over recent months. You can’t just stick with players for sentiment if others are looking a better option. Would you expect PH to do the same at Ipswich?

seriously stop being silly he's a top player and quality is permanent I think I will go with Gareth southgates view rather than yours!
Ali on 21:00 - Jul 7 with 5350 viewschristiand

Ali on 20:52 - Jul 7 by jimmyvet

seriously stop being silly he's a top player and quality is permanent I think I will go with Gareth southgates view rather than yours!

I’ll file this comment away as we approach next season when players aren’t performing and struggling for form and you’re wanting a change in personnel. I suppose it’ll be different then?! Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not disputing he is a good player, but you need to earn your place and in my view -as with a few others- he’s not doing enough at the moment to justify it and hasn’t for some time.

Ali on 22:00 - Jul 7 with 5327 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ali on 20:40 - Jul 7 by christiand

Extraordinary thing to say? Why because I want the strongest side out there to get us in a World Cup semi final? Alli has not been pulling his weight in the side, which is clear for all to see, Loftus-Cheek has done well when he has played. Appears you’re one of those that is easily pleased. Nevertheless, you don’t need to worry it’ll be the same XI on Wednesday.

It's extraordinary that you'd want one of your own players injured.

Easily pleased? Well if it means being in the semi final of the World Cup, then yeah, I'm easy. And Alli scored the clincher.

Ali on 06:34 - Jul 8 with 5222 viewschristiand

Ali on 22:00 - Jul 7 by BrixtonBlue

It's extraordinary that you'd want one of your own players injured.

Easily pleased? Well if it means being in the semi final of the World Cup, then yeah, I'm easy. And Alli scored the clincher.

And a team that has reached a semi final carrying a player, then yes you are easily pleased.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 6:47]

Ali on 08:52 - Jul 8 with 5167 viewsfarkenhell

Ali on 20:29 - Jul 7 by jimmyvet

Confidence plays a huge part, especially in a player so young. The difference between Alli's performance before and after his goal was very noticeable. Nothing seemed to go right for him beforehand, but he kept plugging away. After the goal, he seemed to re-discover his old swagger. For me, the only disappointment was that Southgate took him off. I would have liked to maximise his time on the pitch - although I understand why GS wanted to bring on a more defensively-minded player.
Ali on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 5137 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ali on 06:34 - Jul 8 by christiand

And a team that has reached a semi final carrying a player, then yes you are easily pleased.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 6:47]

England must be an absolutely incredible team if we’ve managed to reach the semis despite playing with 10 men

Alli hasn’t been at his best for sure, and I wouldn’t have been too disappointed to see RLC play instead, but to say we’ve been carrying him is ludicrous

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ali on 09:41 - Jul 8 with 5124 viewsSuperfrans

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it, if we played someone else instead of Alli how well we might be doing. Maybe we’d have qualified for the final by now or something???

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ali on 09:48 - Jul 8 with 5114 viewsGlasgowBlue

Confrontational as usual with your internet one-up-man- ship. No one is looking silly in this thread. Why can’t you just be happy we won?

People have an opinion on a player who has s extremely talented and gifted who has obviously been playing whilst carrying a slight injury. He hasn’t performed well in this World Cup and when required to do so, RLC has looked far livelier and up for it.

His goal doesn’t change any of that.

That said, his goal seemed to change his game and he started performing far better after it. Maybe that was what was needed to kick start his World Cup.

That goal completely changed Alli’s gane by GlasgowBlue 7 Jul 2018 16:33
I’d have kept him on

[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 9:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ali on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 5080 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ali on 09:48 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Confrontational as usual with your internet one-up-man- ship. No one is looking silly in this thread. Why can’t you just be happy we won?

People have an opinion on a player who has s extremely talented and gifted who has obviously been playing whilst carrying a slight injury. He hasn’t performed well in this World Cup and when required to do so, RLC has looked far livelier and up for it.

That said, his goal seemed to change his game and he started performing far better after it. Maybe that was what was needed to kick start his World Cup.

I’d have kept him on

"No one is looking silly in this thread."

Not even the person who wanted Alli injured?

I reserve the right to call out people who slate our players (or even want them injured). The OP states he's rubbish. That's plainly nonsense. If you lot can have a pop why can't I laugh at that when he scores the clincher?

To turn your line back on you, why couldn't YOU LOT just be happy we won?

Also the irony of you calling me "Confrontational as usual with your internet one-up-man- ship" is fecking hilarious mate.

Ali on 10:29 - Jul 8 with 5074 viewschristiand

Ali on 09:48 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

I’d have kept him on

Glasgow Blue, you can't go around making rational posts like this it won't sit comfortably for some!!

Ali on 10:35 - Jul 8 with 5063 viewschristiand

Ali on 09:33 - Jul 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

England must be an absolutely incredible team if we’ve managed to reach the semis despite playing with 10 men

Alli hasn’t been at his best for sure, and I wouldn’t have been too disappointed to see RLC play instead, but to say we’ve been carrying him is ludicrous

Yes, he must be in the team of the tournament with his scintillating displays so far? RLC has looked the better option when he has played, even Stevie Wonder can see that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024