Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robson signed 20:17 - Aug 4 with 3564 viewscressi

18 players in 13 years But mainly good ones .
Robson signed on 20:23 - Aug 4 with 3523 viewsnoggin

That was about 150 years ago tbf.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Robson signed on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 3506 viewsPJH

Robson signed on 20:23 - Aug 4 by noggin

That was about 150 years ago tbf.

Was it?

Seems like yesterday to me.
Robson signed on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 3483 viewswkj

If only Jay Tabb was around back then, it'd have been 19

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Robson signed on 20:32 - Aug 4 with 3464 viewsgtsb

and the best one in my opinion was Beattie who should've been a Liverpool player.
Robson signed on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 3426 viewsconnorscontract

Robson signed on 20:32 - Aug 4 by gtsb

and the best one in my opinion was Beattie who should've been a Liverpool player.

Do you remember Bryan Robson, Captain Fantastic for Sir Bobby's England and Man Utd? He could just sneak into the box and score important goals.

Now compare his strike rate with John Wark's, and tell me that Warkie wasn't the best we had.
Robson signed on 20:48 - Aug 4 with 3413 viewsgtsb

Robson signed on 20:43 - Aug 4 by connorscontract

Do you remember Bryan Robson, Captain Fantastic for Sir Bobby's England and Man Utd? He could just sneak into the box and score important goals.

Now compare his strike rate with John Wark's, and tell me that Warkie wasn't the best we had.

Wark was superb. The whole team were superb. I assume you know the Beattie story and why we were lucky he wasn't a Liverpool player. He was my boyhood Ipswich hero.
Robson signed on 21:02 - Aug 4 with 3384 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very different times. Many players played most matches in a season. Only 1 sub on the bench. The matches were a lot slower (albeit pitches heavier).

It is odd that with bigger squads players are paid astronomically higher wages. So much has changed in the game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Robson signed on 21:06 - Aug 4 with 3368 viewshomer_123

Robson signed on 20:48 - Aug 4 by gtsb

Wark was superb. The whole team were superb. I assume you know the Beattie story and why we were lucky he wasn't a Liverpool player. He was my boyhood Ipswich hero.

Beattie really was a class apart.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Robson signed on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 3323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bryan Robson scored the only goal on my first game at PR (my first ever match).

My son and daughter got to see 4 different scorers on their first ever match - Edwards, Danny Graham, Bradley Dack and Edun.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Robson signed on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 3317 viewssolemio

Sir Bobby disagreed with you. He reckoned Ronaldo was the second best player he ever managed and Kevin Beattie was the best.

I'll take his word even above yours.
Robson signed on 23:30 - Aug 4 with 3223 viewsgazzer1999

Can you name them all?
Robson signed on 02:46 - Aug 5 with 3114 viewsFifeITFC

Robson signed on 23:30 - Aug 4 by gazzer1999

Can you name them all?

Agreed. I've always been told it was either 14 players in 13 years or 13 players in 14 years?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Robson signed on 08:35 - Aug 5 with 2988 viewsBloomBlue

Not sure all i remember is SBR's England was far better and more successful after Bryan Robson was injured at the 86 WC
Robson signed on 08:42 - Aug 5 with 2974 viewsPJH

Robson signed on 23:30 - Aug 4 by gazzer1999

Can you name them all?

I am going to list all that I can think of, in no particular order and without checking:-

Paul Cooper
Paul Mariner
Pat Sharkey
John Linford
Kevin O'Callaghan
Arnold Muhren
Frans Thijssen
Jimmy Robertson
Frank Clarke
Bryan Hamilton
David Johnson
Rod Belfitt
Allan Hunter

I am starting to get a headache so will leave it at that and now check to see who I have missed.

edit-Mick Hill,Ian Collard

edit2-Terry Austin
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 8:50]
Robson signed on 08:42 - Aug 5 with 2972 viewsconnorscontract

Robson signed on 20:48 - Aug 4 by gtsb

Yes, but tell the young 'uns.

Hilarious when you compare it with the story of the potential Roy Keane signing turning up with WAG with dog in handbag.
Robson signed on 09:34 - Aug 5 with 2921 viewsDeano69

Robson signed on 21:02 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Very different times. Many players played most matches in a season. Only 1 sub on the bench. The matches were a lot slower (albeit pitches heavier).

It is odd that with bigger squads players are paid astronomically higher wages. So much has changed in the game.

And the emphasis has changed from footballers to athletes. I mean, some of these modern footballers don’t even drink, smoke or eat pies!! And that’s just at half time.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Robson signed on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 2906 viewsm14_blue

Robson signed on 21:34 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Bryan Robson scored the only goal on my first game at PR (my first ever match).

My son and daughter got to see 4 different scorers on their first ever match - Edwards, Danny Graham, Bradley Dack and Edun.

How did they find the PR experience?

Future lifetime blues?
Robson signed on 09:48 - Aug 5 with 2880 viewsgtsb

Robson signed on 09:34 - Aug 5 by Deano69

And the emphasis has changed from footballers to athletes. I mean, some of these modern footballers don’t even drink, smoke or eat pies!! And that’s just at half time.

I'm sure I read somewhere that at his peak Beattie was paid £360 a week!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024