Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality 17:07 - Aug 25 with 2065 viewstractorshark

Yes the red card was shocking. Yes we should appeal. Yes we were unlucky.
But don’t let that mask what is very worrying signs.
Another toothless performance, another two goals conceded at set-pieces.
Bottom of the table, some on here think it will turn around with a win against Norwich.
I hope they’re right, but I’ll admit I’m worried.
Who we sign this week is far more important than the derby game.
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:08 - Aug 25 with 2021 viewssparks

There are certainly things to address. Its nowhere near a complete project.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:09 - Aug 25 with 1991 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:08 - Aug 25 by sparks

We willing have to restart the project in League 1 next year if we carry on.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:10 - Aug 25 with 1968 viewsSuperblue95

You can't ignore the red card though. Yes we might have still lost regardless, but we will never know because of the referees incompetence.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:13 - Aug 25 with 1888 viewstractorshark

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:10 - Aug 25 by Superblue95

You can't ignore the red card though. Yes we might have still lost regardless, but we will never know because of the referees incompetence.

It’s harsh but it doesn’t matter now. We still got zero points from that game.
I’m not interested in hard-luck stories, I’m only bothered by whether we look like winning games.
And, being brutally honest, we don’t.
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:15 - Aug 25 with 1864 viewschristiand

I'm concerned that if get beaten next week against Norwich, which could be a real possibility, that things will turn nasty again similarly to the last few weeks of MM's reign. After having all that optimism when Klug took over to guide us to the end of last season, that seems to be quickly evaporating away and we now appear a team that is lacking in quality, ideas and confidence and that's not sorely down to bad luck and poor refereeing decisions!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:16 - Aug 25 with 1836 viewssparks

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:13 - Aug 25 by tractorshark

It’s harsh but it doesn’t matter now. We still got zero points from that game.
I’m not interested in hard-luck stories, I’m only bothered by whether we look like winning games.
And, being brutally honest, we don’t.

You should be bothered about what the team is trying to do- and whether there is progress and a basis to move forward.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:17 - Aug 25 with 1812 viewsCurrie10

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:10 - Aug 25 by Superblue95

Totally agree with this today.

I hammered Edun last game - however today 1-1 on 75 or so, then lose a man away from home.

I'm confident we wouldn't have lost today had the ref not done that.
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:25 - Aug 25 with 1712 viewschristiand

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:16 - Aug 25 by sparks

You should be bothered about what the team is trying to do- and whether there is progress and a basis to move forward.

I can see what PH is trying to do, but we just haven't got the quality of player to deliver what is being asked of them. A couple of lower league additions I can understand, but the amount PH has brought in and to expect the quality of the side not to be diluted was naive by PH and ME IMHO. I would be less concerned if we were putting sides to the sword and have just been unlucky, but all the games have been a struggle to create goal scoring opportunities and maintain a consistent level of performance. It's a real worry, even after 5 league games and we haven't really played the big boys apart from Villa!!

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:27 - Aug 25 with 1688 viewstractorshark

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:16 - Aug 25 by sparks

Don’t disagree but that’s slightly idyllic.
That doesn’t guarantee results or keep you out of relegation trouble.
We look less of a threat now than we did last season and we were turgid back then.
Maybe the progress will come but we must stay up.
Don’t be fooled into thinking a season in League One will work wonders like it did for Norwich and Southampton.
We haven’t got the investment or attendance that they had.
It could be more like Sheff Utd, who spent six seasons there.
This week is crucial. Not the game v Norwich but the signings.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:28]
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:27 - Aug 25 with 1672 viewsmrshallisfit

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:08 - Aug 25 by sparks

Nowhere near a complete project. That's like saying the First World War was a bit of skirmish.
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 1654 viewspointofblue

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:27 - Aug 25 by tractorshark

Don’t disagree but that’s slightly idyllic.
That doesn’t guarantee results or keep you out of relegation trouble.
We look less of a threat now than we did last season and we were turgid back then.
Maybe the progress will come but we must stay up.
Don’t be fooled into thinking a season in League One will work wonders like it did for Norwich and Southampton.
We haven’t got the investment or attendance that they had.
It could be more like Sheff Utd, who spent six seasons there.
This week is crucial. Not the game v Norwich but the signings.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:28]

Sheffield United at least got back up eventually. Unlike Oldham, Swindon, Luton, Grimsby...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 1559 viewsBadgerBajner

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:15 - Aug 25 by christiand

I'm concerned that if get beaten next week against Norwich, which could be a real possibility, that things will turn nasty again similarly to the last few weeks of MM's reign. After having all that optimism when Klug took over to guide us to the end of last season, that seems to be quickly evaporating away and we now appear a team that is lacking in quality, ideas and confidence and that's not sorely down to bad luck and poor refereeing decisions!!

If things turn nasty after 6 games, when we got the much needed change we were after, then we would deserve to be relegated. We have to give it time, a full season. We won't get relegated, I have total faith in PH.
Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 18:18 - Aug 25 with 1413 viewschristiand

Don’t let the red card cloud the reality on 17:39 - Aug 25 by BadgerBajner

If things turn nasty after 6 games, when we got the much needed change we were after, then we would deserve to be relegated. We have to give it time, a full season. We won't get relegated, I have total faith in PH.

You can’t rule it out though. Passions will be high, due to the nature of the game and we have been less than convincing in both an attacking and defensive sense this season, although our style of play is better on the eye. The fact we find ourselves bottom of the league, all be it after 5 games, will also add to the angst of many.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024