Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My main concern is that Hurst seemed 16:15 - Sep 2 with 2487 viewsCoco

to abandon his whole philosophy and game plan to day and the team selection smacked of panic. From trying to convince myself he had a solid plan with his acquisitions of lower league players to fit a system it now appears he is back tracking and picking up anyone with experience who is available. Hopefully the players don’t sniff a hint of weakness.

Walters is certainly a great signing but I’m sure it was the result of an alarming realisation. Pennington was class today which is a real plus but we still look ever so naive and toothless.

This was an awful game with two dreadful teams which imo only served to highlight that we are in for a very long season.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:23 - Sep 2 with 2428 viewshomer_123

If you read up on Hurst, he's somewhat pragmatic in his approach. In that respect he's similar to Mick.

Big call today to change approach and certain players in positions. I'm not against that, as (and let's be frank here) we have not looked like scoring or winning much before today.

The problem Hurst has is that the honeymoon period is over, he needs points on the board and that does throw the change in approach out of the window.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:37 - Sep 2 with 2347 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:23 - Sep 2 by homer_123

If you read up on Hurst, he's somewhat pragmatic in his approach. In that respect he's similar to Mick.

Big call today to change approach and certain players in positions. I'm not against that, as (and let's be frank here) we have not looked like scoring or winning much before today.

The problem Hurst has is that the honeymoon period is over, he needs points on the board and that does throw the change in approach out of the window.

I don't think it does. If you want the change in approach from our kind of starting position, you absolutely have to stick with it regardless of early results. If we go back to playing exclusively long ball dross now, I'll lose patience far quicker regardless of if we start winning. If a change in approach is evident but we don't win any of our first 10 matches, that's how it'll have to be.

I agree with the OP - the approach today was far more difficult to accept than the result. It felt like 'derby day' took precedence over all we've sought to achieve.

If we can't commit to a new style without panicking at the first glance towards the relegation trapdoor, this whole endeavour will be for nothing.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 16:38]
My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 with 2267 viewshomer_123

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:37 - Sep 2 by NoCanariesAllowed

I don't think it does. If you want the change in approach from our kind of starting position, you absolutely have to stick with it regardless of early results. If we go back to playing exclusively long ball dross now, I'll lose patience far quicker regardless of if we start winning. If a change in approach is evident but we don't win any of our first 10 matches, that's how it'll have to be.

I agree with the OP - the approach today was far more difficult to accept than the result. It felt like 'derby day' took precedence over all we've sought to achieve.

If we can't commit to a new style without panicking at the first glance towards the relegation trapdoor, this whole endeavour will be for nothing.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 16:38]

But the problem Hurst has got is that for his new approach to really work, he needs players playing with confidence, especially those stepping up a division or two.

Ergo. He needs to be pragmatic, which he is.

As I said last week, signing Walters is sensible in many respects. Physical. Experienced. Quality. Something we lack up front but it means playing to his strengths.

The issue is if you over rely on that.

Finally, style is irrelevant if you are not getting points on the board.

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 with 2266 viewsIllinoisblue

Two very poor sides out there, no doubt about that. We are in desperate need of some genuine creativity from midfield. Edwards is great doing what he does; if any one of Huws, Bishop, or Dozzell could ever get fit that would give us more balance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 with 2268 viewsJ2BLUE

Slightly concerned with his post-match comments to be honest. We were poor. I'm sure in time it will come but we wee disjointed today. I hope he doesn't really believe half the stuff he's said.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:53 - Sep 2 with 2233 viewshomer_123

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 by Illinoisblue

Two very poor sides out there, no doubt about that. We are in desperate need of some genuine creativity from midfield. Edwards is great doing what he does; if any one of Huws, Bishop, or Dozzell could ever get fit that would give us more balance.

We are repeating ourselves though, aren't we?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:55 - Sep 2 with 2199 viewsIllinoisblue

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:53 - Sep 2 by homer_123

We are repeating ourselves though, aren't we?

In the sense of wanting our midfielders to be fit? Yes, sadly

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2189 viewshomer_123

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:55 - Sep 2 by Illinoisblue

In the sense of wanting our midfielders to be fit? Yes, sadly

It's all change but the same.

Login to get fewer ads

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 2160 viewspointofblue

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Slightly concerned with his post-match comments to be honest. We were poor. I'm sure in time it will come but we wee disjointed today. I hope he doesn't really believe half the stuff he's said.

Really? I thought we were poor in the first half but stepped it up in the second and had a couple of spells of harrying and dominance which showed real promise. A concern is we couldn't keep it going for 90 minutes but I don't suppose many teams can.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 2158 viewschristiand

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:56 - Sep 2 by homer_123

It's all change but the same.

Spot on Homer! The problem is it’s all change, but ultimately the same with lesser players and quality.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:01 - Sep 2 with 2131 viewsJ2BLUE

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:59 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Really? I thought we were poor in the first half but stepped it up in the second and had a couple of spells of harrying and dominance which showed real promise. A concern is we couldn't keep it going for 90 minutes but I don't suppose many teams can.

We had one 10-15 minute spell of being very good and I thought we'd comfortably win once we got the goal and kept going at them but Farke made one sub and it swung away from us again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:06 - Sep 2 with 2075 viewshomer_123

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:59 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Bar that spell in the second half we were poor. Huffing and puffing but poor.

No team can keep that tempo up for 90mins but the better teams, when they slow the tempo keep the ball and stifle the opposition....we don't or can't.

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:08 - Sep 2 with 2064 viewsGarv

It was Norwich. I couldn't really care less how we played today.

We played direct, and at times, first and second half, to good effect.

Too much is made of long ball vs passing game. If it's direct, but it works and you've got a player like Jon Walters to use, brilliant. If it's aimless rubbish like we've seen for the last three years, it's not so brilliant.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:09 - Sep 2 with 2058 viewshomer_123

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:59 - Sep 2 by christiand

Spot on Homer! The problem is it’s all change, but ultimately the same with lesser players and quality.

It's currently looking that way.

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:22 - Sep 2 with 1992 viewspointofblue

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 17:01 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

We had one 10-15 minute spell of being very good and I thought we'd comfortably win once we got the goal and kept going at them but Farke made one sub and it swung away from us again.

I don't think the game ever swung away from us in the second half - after the goal it was slightly more stretched as we were chasing the winner and leaving gaps; a little more composure and we could be sitting here with a win.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 18:50 - Sep 2 with 1809 viewsstonojnr

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 16:50 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Depends how you define poor, yes we are poor in that we won't be challenging top 6 this year might not even be top half, but poor football no 2nd half we played some very good football passed well had good chances,more in this game than 3 of Micks previous derbys so you know take from the game what you want
My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 19:02 - Sep 2 with 1771 viewswarkthisway

Agreed- I honestly think Hurst is out of his depth - the BART decision was just weird- can’t have helped the defence - seriously think it is our year for the drop- an absentee owner, Rookie manager, weak squad and no direction from the top

bentnkuqi

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 19:13 - Sep 2 with 1725 viewsagentp

My main concern is that Hurst seemed on 19:02 - Sep 2 by warkthisway

Agreed- I honestly think Hurst is out of his depth - the BART decision was just weird- can’t have helped the defence - seriously think it is our year for the drop- an absentee owner, Rookie manager, weak squad and no direction from the top

Then don't tell us, write to Delia and complain.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024