Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season 09:18 - Sep 19 with 1748 viewsgeg1992

First half was absolutely woeful. However, the 2nd half was exactly what I expect of the players. If we play like that for 90 minutes then I really think we could and should beat Bolton on Saturday.

It's nice to be a goal down and get ourselves back in the game. The atmosphere really picked up too and the second half was very enjoyable. I had been criticising Jackson as I thought he seemed more of an athlete than a footballer, however that header was class.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:25 - Sep 19 with 1730 viewsGarv

I'm still scratching my head trying to work out Hurst's thinking with the line up. I guess he wanted a bit more protection at the back but that was so defensive with Skuse and Chalobah ahead of them that we just invited them onto us, and also that he wanted both strikers on the pitch and we wanted to be direct and put pressure on, but neither Jackson or Harrison have shown much physical presence so far so it was a lot to ask.

But as you say much better second half, it had to be. Positive changes, Jackson got in behind more often without necessarily threatening every time, and maybe our best goal of the season so far.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 9:27]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:35 - Sep 19 with 1699 viewsGuthrum

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:25 - Sep 19 by Garv

I'm still scratching my head trying to work out Hurst's thinking with the line up. I guess he wanted a bit more protection at the back but that was so defensive with Skuse and Chalobah ahead of them that we just invited them onto us, and also that he wanted both strikers on the pitch and we wanted to be direct and put pressure on, but neither Jackson or Harrison have shown much physical presence so far so it was a lot to ask.

But as you say much better second half, it had to be. Positive changes, Jackson got in behind more often without necessarily threatening every time, and maybe our best goal of the season so far.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 9:27]

Searching for a solution to Brentford's strength with a fragile team, with options to change up on the bench. It might have worked if we'd taken any of the chances to clear that ball.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:38 - Sep 19 with 1696 viewsFrimleyBlue

My issue with last night and for the future

The manager who picked that starting lineup is our manager!

Of course brilliant he changed it at HT..

But we can't forget that he sat down and selected that lineup........ it provides an insight into the mind of Hurst and another reason why I have 0 trust in the guy managing our club.

Be prepared for chambers to be dropped soon btw, stormed out during Hurst post game player/manager chat

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:09 - Sep 19 with 1644 viewsGarv

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:35 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

Searching for a solution to Brentford's strength with a fragile team, with options to change up on the bench. It might have worked if we'd taken any of the chances to clear that ball.

Yeah. If ever a goal was 'coming' that was it. We'd win it and give it straight back to them, sometimes in a better position for them than when we won it!

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 1634 viewsGarv

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:38 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

But we can't forget that he sat down and selected that lineup........ it provides an insight into the mind of Hurst and another reason why I have 0 trust in the guy managing our club.

Be prepared for chambers to be dropped soon btw, stormed out during Hurst post game player/manager chat

Were you there?

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 1627 viewsFrimleyBlue

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:15 - Sep 19 by Garv

Were you there?

Does my attendance or lack of change the lineup and the first half performance?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:29 - Sep 19 with 1607 viewsGarv

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:17 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Does my attendance or lack of change the lineup and the first half performance?

No it doesn't. I meant the post match meeting actually.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 10:30]

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:03 - Sep 19 with 1554 viewsStokieBlue

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 10:15 - Sep 19 by Garv

Were you there?

He can't be at the match and keep up his 30 moaning posts per hour average.

It's impossible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:05 - Sep 19 with 1548 viewsReuser_is_God

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 09:38 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

‘Be prepared for chambers to be dropped soon btw, stormed out during Hurst post game player/manager chat’

Absolute bollox

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:05 - Sep 19 with 1548 viewsStokieBlue

"Be prepared for chambers to be dropped soon btw, stormed out during Hurst post game player/manager chat"

If that's true then surely you'd agree he should be dropped? This isn't nursery school.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 1531 viewsCurrie10

Out of interest, you seem to post things due to knowledge you have.

Do you have a connection at the club?
Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 1527 viewsReuser_is_God

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:05 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

"Be prepared for chambers to be dropped soon btw, stormed out during Hurst post game player/manager chat"

If that's true then surely you'd agree he should be dropped? This isn't nursery school.

SB

It’s not true, he’s just making up sh1t on a daily basis to suit his anti Hurst agenda.

The bloke is a pr1ck & should be banned.

Evans out

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:08 - Sep 19 with 1525 viewsReuser_is_God

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:07 - Sep 19 by Currie10

No, he’s just made it up.

Evans out

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:16 - Sep 19 with 1480 viewsJackSted

We said the same after the Villa game. Look what happened there lmao

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:20 - Sep 19 with 1471 viewsBluearmy71

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:07 - Sep 19 by Currie10

Yeah, his 18th cousin twice removed used to work in the factory that made the tin foil trays to put the pies in!
Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:28 - Sep 19 with 1431 viewsLankHenners

He doesn't have knowledge of how to tie his own shoelaces.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 12:09 - Sep 19 with 1341 viewsCurrie10

Really hope that last night was the turning point in our season on 11:08 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

No, he’s just made it up.

You know that, how!?

I'll await the answer from the horses mouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024