Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Star - Comments 10:16 - Oct 2 with 2032 viewsDecageBruce

Before I found TWTD, 6 or so years ago, I used to enjoy the comments on this site under the articles. There were a few clear trolls (Pundit I think being the last reincarnation that I remember) but living away from the town I sometimes found it insightful as to the thoughts and general feeling of some fans

Just signed up to take a general look through the comment as hadnt bothered for years and it appears to have died. Very few comments at all. I did notice that upon signing up is distinctly outlines and make you 'agree' for them to use IP address data etc.

Do you think this has cut down on what people are willing to put up on the site? Is it the same here? Would it make a difference to certain posters and what they put if it was?

Also, did Pundit (and I can't remember some of the others they went under) ever make it onto the forum. They had a very distinctive and repetitive style so not picked up that it is a current regular poster
Ipswich Star - Comments on 10:37 - Oct 2 with 1964 viewsBlueBadger

Pundit was perma-banned from here for, as I recall, making some pretty offensive comments about Dale Roberts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich Star - Comments on 10:48 - Oct 2 with 1931 viewsmonty_radio

I think Pundit lives at the Star now.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:23 - Oct 2 with 1865 viewsGavTWTD

I don't know their specific terms, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with that. We probably have a similar request.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:24 - Oct 2 with 1843 viewsDecageBruce

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:23 - Oct 2 by GavTWTD

I don't know their specific terms, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with that. We probably have a similar request.

Must just be TWTD has taken over the world
Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:25 - Oct 2 with 1841 viewsDecageBruce

Ipswich Star - Comments on 10:37 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

Pundit was perma-banned from here for, as I recall, making some pretty offensive comments about Dale Roberts.

Ahh ok. Never saw him be offensive on there just repetitive and boring.

I always pictured Adrian Durham at the other end of his keyboard
Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:34 - Oct 2 with 1817 viewschicoazul

Pundit posted on here for years and was mostly an excellent poster, but he went insane over Burley Dale Roberts and Sheepshanks. His handle was NerdyKnowAll.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:47 - Oct 2 with 1777 viewsGeoffSentence

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:34 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

Pundit posted on here for years and was mostly an excellent poster, but he went insane over Burley Dale Roberts and Sheepshanks. His handle was NerdyKnowAll.

I always assumed that Pundit was an Archant employee whose job was to wind people up on the comments to provoke more response.

How do you know that Pundit and Nerdy are the same people?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:58 - Oct 2 with 1730 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Star - Comments on 11:47 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

I always assumed that Pundit was an Archant employee whose job was to wind people up on the comments to provoke more response.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Star - Comments on 12:35 - Oct 2 with 1606 viewsLord_Lucan

I used to put the odd comment but they have some long winded sign in thing now that I can't be arsed with

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich Star - Comments on 14:07 - Oct 2 with 1459 viewsDecageBruce

Ipswich Star - Comments on 12:35 - Oct 2 by Lord_Lucan

I used to put the odd comment but they have some long winded sign in thing now that I can't be arsed with

I think that must be what is putting people off. certainly did me until bored today
Ipswich Star - Comments on 14:15 - Oct 2 with 1442 viewsDecageBruce

It definitely did come across like that and was mentioned a lot at one point on there
Ipswich Star - Comments on 14:18 - Oct 2 with 1433 viewsrickw

I used to read that before I found twtd too, I remember there were a couple of Norwich fans who commented on everything, and every time someone would rise to the bait. It was the fact they weren't banned and Ipswich fans gave them the reaction they were after made me look elsewwhere :-)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Ipswich Star - Comments on 16:06 - Oct 2 with 1345 viewsBlueBadger

For much the same reason that people know that Bandbox and Facey were definitely, 100%, different people..
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 16:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024