Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had to be Leeds didn't it? 08:39 - Oct 23 with 742 viewsMullet

What other fixture bar the scum could set us up for such potential embarrassment after that QPR mess?

Not only that but they are on a skid too, which is perfect for us to be generous for and help them out. I'd love to think Chambers and Skuse could inspire a win tomorrow and a big reaction, but I don't think we have enough old heads to steer the ship out there. There's simply not enough left from the old team and its spirit is there?

Does anyone think a hammering will mean someone new in the dugout for Saturday? I sceptical myself we're not at the mercy of other people's schedules if change is even going to come soon.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:44 - Oct 23 with 714 viewschicoazul

I heard someone yesterday, may have been Joe, say perhaps the only reason Evans hasnt pulled the trigger on Hurst is because he is looking to sell. Given Evans' incompetence of the last 10 years it wouldnt surprise me if thats true as only he would look to sell while we are bottom of the league.
But having said all that, I think a proper Peterboro style shellacking will see Hurst out but a close 2-0 probably wont.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:47 - Oct 23 with 700 viewsitfcjoe

I don't really understand why he's still here now - it's achieving nothing for anyone as is a dead man walking.

Ideal world for me is we win and we still have a new man in on Saturday, or at least someone in caretaker charge. This situation can't go on much longer.

Realistically we will struggle tomorrow, they will press and press us and we will just go long all game and not have the ball - although I'll still pay my £10 on iFollow and sit there in expectancy of a win as am stupid.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:49 - Oct 23 with 689 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m beyond caring to be honest.

I just want us to win as many points as possible between now & May & stay up, however I have zero faith in the current manager & players to do so.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 8:49]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:49 - Oct 23 with 681 viewsSwansea_Blue

0-3 Freddie, Edwards, Chambo

You heard it here first.

NURSE! Where are my meds?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 09:09 - Oct 23 with 640 viewsMullet

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:47 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

I don't really understand why he's still here now - it's achieving nothing for anyone as is a dead man walking.

Ideal world for me is we win and we still have a new man in on Saturday, or at least someone in caretaker charge. This situation can't go on much longer.

Realistically we will struggle tomorrow, they will press and press us and we will just go long all game and not have the ball - although I'll still pay my £10 on iFollow and sit there in expectancy of a win as am stupid.

Think there's 6 or 7 of us going tomorrow but beyond the Galloways mafia and usual northern faces I can see the away end being a morgue. £37 is a piss take too when you know there's no Sol Bamba to give you some amusement and goals.

What really annoys me about the situation is that he didn't build upon Swansea in any noticeable or measurable way. He had one foot back on the road again and regardless of how lucky you believe that win to be, it doesn't matter. Hurst really has failed to deliver on a single thing he promised, or even tried to do.

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 09:19 - Oct 23 with 608 viewsMullet

Had to be Leeds didn't it? on 08:44 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

I heard someone yesterday, may have been Joe, say perhaps the only reason Evans hasnt pulled the trigger on Hurst is because he is looking to sell. Given Evans' incompetence of the last 10 years it wouldnt surprise me if thats true as only he would look to sell while we are bottom of the league.
But having said all that, I think a proper Peterboro style shellacking will see Hurst out but a close 2-0 probably wont.

The selling up thing has happened (or not) a few times under Evans at key moments of crisis, now more than ever it makes sense, but I can't see how he can sell us and take the hit. Given how he talks/operates it would be a crushing defeat for him to do it now, whether that financial makeweight is enough to soothe his ego I guess makes the difference.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024