Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards/Ward 13:06 - Nov 9 with 1787 viewsFrimleyBlue

Amazing Debuts, but then.......

For those that have seen much more of Edwards close up than I have, has he been anywhere near his best since that game or does appear as a sub man at best?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edwards/Ward on 13:14 - Nov 9 with 1748 viewsskyblue23

I would say he's very good but also a typical winger in which he will have a very effective game and then a not so effective game. One of the first I look for when the team is announced that's for sure.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Edwards/Ward on 13:14 - Nov 9 with 1745 viewsWeirdFishes

I think Edwards can be a good player for us but he needs a bit more support.

Often he'll take the ball down the wing really well but there's not enough players close to him to bring them into play.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Edwards/Ward on 13:18 - Nov 9 with 1732 viewsReuser_is_God

Edwards is deserving of his place in the starting XI but I wouldn't say he's been as good as what some are making him out to be, he's just slightly better than most of Hurst other signings.

1) Pennington

2) Edwards

3) The rest

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Edwards/Ward on 13:19 - Nov 9 with 1728 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I wouldn't be putting Ward and Edwards in the same box!

Edwards has much more to offer at the moment... I feel for Ward because he hasn't ever been allowed to just play. There are certain players who need to be allowed to just roam a little and make it up as they go along in the attacking third and I think he fits that type of player.
Edwards/Ward on 13:20 - Nov 9 with 1725 viewsHerbivore

Edwards has done well. Like most wingers he's hit and miss but for me he's shown plenty enough to suggest he can be a good player for us. Ward is a mystery, just can't string two good games together. Every now and then he puts in a performance that makes you think he's finally hit his stride and will nail down a regular place in the side, then the next game he looks like a pub player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Edwards/Ward on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 1604 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don't agree with this Frimley, have only missed two games this season and I think he is brilliant, direct confident, doesn't always come off but he is always forward thinking, couple of goals couple of assists, always direct. We look a worse team without him thats for sure.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Edwards/Ward on 15:28 - Nov 9 with 1588 viewswkj

My chief concern with Edwards is he often tries to rush his passing. A number of times we've turned over the ball in advanced positions as he's been a bit hasty- if he can work on this, he'll be a legend

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Edwards/Ward on 16:19 - Nov 9 with 1523 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Edwards/Ward on 15:28 - Nov 9 by wkj

My chief concern with Edwards is he often tries to rush his passing. A number of times we've turned over the ball in advanced positions as he's been a bit hasty- if he can work on this, he'll be a legend

I understand what you mean, he does seem to be at 100mph every time but that is what I like about him, if he works on a few things he could be an elite winger at this level.

It nice that for once we have an exciting prospect on the wing and we won't have to send him back to his parent team come the end of the season (Fraser, Lawrence, Celina).

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards/Ward on 16:19 - Nov 9 with 1523 viewsLeagueOne

Edwards/Ward on 13:14 - Nov 9 by WeirdFishes

I think Edwards can be a good player for us but he needs a bit more support.

Often he'll take the ball down the wing really well but there's not enough players close to him to bring them into play.

Edwards could be one of our best midfielders that we've actually owned for years. He just needs 3 more to play with him!!

Ward however, has been fairly guff sadly despite all of the promise.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Edwards/Ward on 16:54 - Nov 9 with 1470 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He's alright

I think sometimes he is too frenetic

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024