Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games 15:35 - Nov 11 with 1537 viewsBent_double

The bottom 3 at this point last season were Burton, Bolton and Sunderland with 13,12 and 11 points respectively.

Bolton were the only team to escape the bottom 3, and Barnsley at this point had 20 points.

Probably pointless making comparisons, really, but just looking for straws to clutch to.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:41 - Nov 11 with 1500 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So the question you are asking: "Is Lambert significantly better than Coleman as manager?" He took over in a very similar position and failed to make the difference by 6 points.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:43 - Nov 11 with 1490 viewschristiand

I appreciate each season is different, but that stat gives me hope the fact Bolton managed to stay up and they had 12 points. Just hope, it’s not the ‘hope’ that kills us all!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:46 - Nov 11 with 1469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:43 - Nov 11 by christiand

I appreciate each season is different, but that stat gives me hope the fact Bolton managed to stay up and they had 12 points. Just hope, it’s not the ‘hope’ that kills us all!!!

Let's see what happens between now and Christmas and then decide whether to trust Lambert or not. I see enough positive signs at this early stage. I understand the concern that we did not win either of these two matches, though. Imagine how much healthier it would be if we had won both. Now imagine if we had lost both. Let's be grateful we have 29 more matches to determine our fate.

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:53 - Nov 11 with 1442 viewsBent_double

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:41 - Nov 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

So the question you are asking: "Is Lambert significantly better than Coleman as manager?" He took over in a very similar position and failed to make the difference by 6 points.

On a slightly related note, I was speaking to a Sunderland fan the other day, he was quite happy, says they've cut the deadwood/dross from the club (wage bill down from £20m to £9m this season, apparently....don't tell ME!), they're playing great football and winning football matches at last.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 16:00 - Nov 11 with 1411 viewshoppy

As it’s a completely different season, with different players etc, there is nothing to say exactly the same outcome would occur... you may just as well look at Crystal Palace in the 2003/4 season as a benchmark...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 16:03 - Nov 11 with 1396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:53 - Nov 11 by Bent_double

On a slightly related note, I was speaking to a Sunderland fan the other day, he was quite happy, says they've cut the deadwood/dross from the club (wage bill down from £20m to £9m this season, apparently....don't tell ME!), they're playing great football and winning football matches at last.

He is at the moment. Probably wasn't a few weeks ago. If they don't sustain their form and fail to get promoted I am not sure he will remain so chipper. Hopefully Lambert can get that here (regardless of wage bill) without the need for relegation.

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 16:10 - Nov 11 with 1371 viewsHerbivore

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 15:53 - Nov 11 by Bent_double

He's making those figures up. There's no way their wage bill was £20m last season, they were paying Jack Rodwell over £2m a season alone. There's no way it'll be down at £9m this season either, they still have the likes of Oviedo, Cattermole and McGeady on their books earning Premier League wages. I'm sure they have managed to cut back but I expect their wage bill in League 1 will dwarf ours in the Championship this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 17:08 - Nov 11 with 1189 viewsDennyx4

Identical record to Sunderland after 17 games on 16:10 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

He's making those figures up. There's no way their wage bill was £20m last season, they were paying Jack Rodwell over £2m a season alone. There's no way it'll be down at £9m this season either, they still have the likes of Oviedo, Cattermole and McGeady on their books earning Premier League wages. I'm sure they have managed to cut back but I expect their wage bill in League 1 will dwarf ours in the Championship this season.

Agree, was listening to a commentary (talk sport), who stated Cattermole was on £50k per week, which was more than the whole team that they were playing.

That would mean Cattermole alone is on £2.5m.

Also, am fairly sure their wage bill last year was closer to £50m than £20m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024