Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn; parents 09:41 - Dec 31 with 1663 viewschicoazul

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-fortnite-triggered-an-unwinnable-war-between-pa

As so often, I have a very simple solution to this growing problem. Don't buy video games consoles and if you have them, throw them out before your kids get attached to them. My kids got a Playstation earlier this year and it drove them nuts so I unplugged it and threw it away.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 09:43 - Dec 31 with 1635 views_

Attn; parents on 09:47 - Dec 31 with 1614 viewsfooters

You might well think it a waste of time, but without spending 10+ hours a day playing Civilization II as a youngster my problem-solving and negotiating skillsets wouldn't be what they are today.

Hold on, an emissary from Cleopatra is at the door. He wants to trade astronomy for horseback riding, and to take a look at my oracle.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Attn; parents on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 1577 viewsSuperblue95

Attn; parents on 09:47 - Dec 31 by footers

You might well think it a waste of time, but without spending 10+ hours a day playing Civilization II as a youngster my problem-solving and negotiating skillsets wouldn't be what they are today.

Hold on, an emissary from Cleopatra is at the door. He wants to trade astronomy for horseback riding, and to take a look at my oracle.

Agreed, I spent a massive chunk of my childhood and a fair amount of my adulthood playing the PlayStation/Xbox and it's never done me any harm. Well, apart from the fact I'm a virgin, can't hold a conversation with anyone without crumbling into a nervous wreck, being sunlight intolerant and having to run away screaming if I'm within 5 feet of a girl.

But like I say no harm at all

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Attn; parents on 10:01 - Dec 31 with 1560 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I can remember mammoth sessions on Championship Manager in the 90's.

Not to mention sensible soccer.

I'm not sure this is completely a new phenomenon.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Attn; parents on 10:07 - Dec 31 with 1537 viewsfooters

Attn; parents on 09:55 - Dec 31 by Superblue95

Agreed, I spent a massive chunk of my childhood and a fair amount of my adulthood playing the PlayStation/Xbox and it's never done me any harm. Well, apart from the fact I'm a virgin, can't hold a conversation with anyone without crumbling into a nervous wreck, being sunlight intolerant and having to run away screaming if I'm within 5 feet of a girl.

But like I say no harm at all

Mate, forget about women. They do outrageous things like this:

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Attn; parents on 10:15 - Dec 31 with 1504 viewsDanTheMan

That seems harsh. Just set hourly limits.

That said I still game quite a bit so I can't really talk.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Attn; parents on 12:51 - Dec 31 with 1378 viewschicoazul

Attn; parents on 10:15 - Dec 31 by DanTheMan

That seems harsh. Just set hourly limits.

That said I still game quite a bit so I can't really talk.

The article and some others I have read states that hourly limits do not work from the perspective of the personality changes kids undergo as a result of playing these games and do in fact make them very aggressive once their hour is up. Better to not play them at all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Attn; parents on 13:13 - Dec 31 with 1352 viewsDubtractor

Attn; parents on 12:51 - Dec 31 by chicoazul

The article and some others I have read states that hourly limits do not work from the perspective of the personality changes kids undergo as a result of playing these games and do in fact make them very aggressive once their hour is up. Better to not play them at all.

Better still, don't have kids and keep the various gaming for yourself without the guilt or problems that they bring to kids.

Winner.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Attn; parents on 13:18 - Dec 31 with 1344 viewschicoazul

Attn; parents on 13:13 - Dec 31 by Dubtractor

Better still, don't have kids and keep the various gaming for yourself without the guilt or problems that they bring to kids.

Winner.

Ha! But if everyone did that we would end up with Children Of Men happening.

Attn; parents on 13:32 - Dec 31 with 1329 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll take things that didn't happen for 500 please Bob.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024