Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Keane on loan deal 18:37 - Jan 3 with 3909 viewsbontcho

One thing I don’t get. He’s out of contract in the summer so why not settle his contract and move to us on a 6 month contract, thus freeing up a loanee space in the match day squad? Is there a reason Hull or Keane would prevent this? I can’t think of one.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

on 18:44 - Jan 3 with 3851 views_

The Keane on loan deal on 18:50 - Jan 3 with 3811 viewsBLUEGOLD

Probably as he is due a loyalty bonus if he stays to the end of his contract?
The Keane on loan deal on 19:04 - Jan 3 with 3760 viewstractorboy1978

on 18:44 - Jan 3 by _

Knowing us he will do ok and sign for someone else at the end of it - particularly if we go down.
The Keane on loan deal on 19:09 - Jan 3 with 3726 viewsPhilTWTD

It's because there are options on his contract in both directions from what I gather.
The Keane on loan deal on 19:21 - Jan 3 with 3691 viewstractorboy1978

The Keane on loan deal on 19:09 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

It's because there are options on his contract in both directions from what I gather.

So definitely would be signing permanent at the end of it?
The Keane on loan deal on 19:28 - Jan 3 with 3638 viewsBLUEBEAT

A shop window opportunity so he can sign for a better club in a few months time

Poll: W or W

The Keane on loan deal on 19:30 - Jan 3 with 3635 viewsMrTown

Because if he has a good agent, which is his brother Tom I believe, he’ll come score a few goals, regains good fitness, shake off any injury concerns and as we will get relegated then his agent will be able to dangle him around championship clubs on a free.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Keane on loan deal on 19:30 - Jan 3 with 3634 viewsPhilTWTD

The Keane on loan deal on 19:21 - Jan 3 by tractorboy1978

So definitely would be signing permanent at the end of it?

Think that's up in the air. If he bangs in about 15 goals while he's here then Hull may take the option so as to get a fee for him.
Login to get fewer ads

The Keane on loan deal on 19:36 - Jan 3 with 3596 viewstractorboy1978

The Keane on loan deal on 19:30 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

Think that's up in the air. If he bangs in about 15 goals while he's here then Hull may take the option so as to get a fee for him.

Isn't he out of contract in June? Hull surely have no power to get a fee at that point?

EDIT - ahh they have an extra year option. Balls.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 19:46]
The Keane on loan deal on 20:55 - Jan 3 with 3389 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The Keane on loan deal on 19:09 - Jan 3 by PhilTWTD

This doesn't sit well. I'm happy to get him but this needs to be perm. Realistically we are not going to be staying up so if he plays really well then we lose him (Hull keep or sell)). This isnt is short term on a guy who needs time to get his form together and it takes up a vital loan slot. Really think we need to get this done perm or walk away.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The Keane on loan deal on 21:01 - Jan 3 with 3349 viewsWicklowBlue

The Keane on loan deal on 20:55 - Jan 3 by Terry_Nutkins

This doesn't sit well. I'm happy to get him but this needs to be perm. Realistically we are not going to be staying up so if he plays really well then we lose him (Hull keep or sell)). This isnt is short term on a guy who needs time to get his form together and it takes up a vital loan slot. Really think we need to get this done perm or walk away.

The state we are in, I'd welcome anyone to try and get us some goals! Also even loan players could help improve the quality of Harrisson and Jackson.
The Keane on loan deal on 21:04 - Jan 3 with 3322 viewsbournemouthblue

The Keane on loan deal on 20:55 - Jan 3 by Terry_Nutkins

On the flipside, if he is terrible then it is a bullet dodged

We really want him performing averagely but with a few shades of promise? If we're after someone like Quaner than he may only play second fiddle any way?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Keane on loan deal on 21:23 - Jan 3 with 3255 viewsBloomBlue

The Keane on loan deal on 19:36 - Jan 3 by tractorboy1978

Isn't he out of contract in June? Hull surely have no power to get a fee at that point?

EDIT - ahh they have an extra year option. Balls.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 19:46]

Hull have an option of extending his contract by 12 months, so if he hits form here they'll take up that option and then sell him for more money then they could get now.
The Keane on loan deal on 21:56 - Jan 3 with 3196 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The Keane on loan deal on 21:01 - Jan 3 by WicklowBlue

The state we are in, I'd welcome anyone to try and get us some goals! Also even loan players could help improve the quality of Harrisson and Jackson.

For me a loan forward needs a scoring record. There is a really good player in Keane but he needs work and games to get sharp. This should be a perm project and lets face it part of the rebuilding for L1. :(

The Keane on loan deal on 22:04 - Jan 3 with 3143 viewstractorboy1978

The Keane on loan deal on 21:23 - Jan 3 by BloomBlue

Hull have an option of extending his contract by 12 months, so if he hits form here they'll take up that option and then sell him for more money then they could get now.

That's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It works as a permanent signing with half an eye on L1 but not a loan.
The Keane on loan deal on 22:34 - Jan 3 with 3042 viewsBloomBlue

The Keane on loan deal on 21:56 - Jan 3 by Terry_Nutkins

For me a loan forward needs a scoring record. There is a really good player in Keane but he needs work and games to get sharp. This should be a perm project and lets face it part of the rebuilding for L1. :(

We're bottom of the league with many of our own fans saying we're already relegated I cannot imagine any agent is going to recommend their player joins us on a permanent deal at the moment even if the clubs agree a fee as that player could be on a 2+ year contract stuck in L1.
As PL said it's a repair job at the moment. We'll have to accept some loans.

If he does we'll and we remain in the Champ he will in theory have 2 options for staying with a club in the Champioship. If I was a player I would definitely go with the Ioan option
The Keane on loan deal on 23:38 - Jan 3 with 2936 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The Keane on loan deal on 22:34 - Jan 3 by BloomBlue

We're bottom of the league with many of our own fans saying we're already relegated I cannot imagine any agent is going to recommend their player joins us on a permanent deal at the moment even if the clubs agree a fee as that player could be on a 2+ year contract stuck in L1.
As PL said it's a repair job at the moment. We'll have to accept some loans.

If he does we'll and we remain in the Champ he will in theory have 2 options for staying with a club in the Champioship. If I was a player I would definitely go with the Ioan option

I absolutely accept some loans. That is essential. However we can only use two more in a matchday swuad on top of what we have. I would absolutely take Keane on perm basis but i'm not sure i would as one of two loans.

Yes he may be in L1 next season but he needs to make a call on his career. He's not played enough football. A step down for him and regular football isnt end of World but I accept that might not be what he wants.

If he is on Loan. 1 spot left and we still don't have a proven scorer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024