Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final positions for Ipswich managers 17:46 - Jan 21 with 1608 viewsBluefish

BFJ 15th
Super Jim 9th
keane 19th
Jewell 24th
Super Mick 12th
Hurst 24th

Read into it whatever you like but as I said last season 16 years in the Championship should have been seen as success. The expectation of premier league was so far off.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 1567 viewsTractorCam

I believe our squad last season was good enough for top 6 if we just had another winger.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 1554 viewshatch

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 17:58 - Jan 21 by TractorCam

I believe our squad last season was good enough for top 6 if we just had another winger.

....and if we weren't crippled by injuries. Perhaps the worst season in my lifetime for key injuries.

Not sure we would have made play-offs, mind.
Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:15 - Jan 21 with 1511 viewsBluefish

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:02 - Jan 21 by hatch

....and if we weren't crippled by injuries. Perhaps the worst season in my lifetime for key injuries.

Not sure we would have made play-offs, mind.

2 seasons in a row with horrendous injuries. The biggest problem was that the injuries have been coming to the creative or flair players leaving us too functional. We've had all of these that have missed large chunks in the past few seasons

Bishop
Jonny Williams
Huws
Dozzell
Fraser
McGoldrick

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:18 - Jan 21 with 1493 viewswkj

I miss Ryan Fraser

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 1486 viewshatch

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:15 - Jan 21 by Bluefish

2 seasons in a row with horrendous injuries. The biggest problem was that the injuries have been coming to the creative or flair players leaving us too functional. We've had all of these that have missed large chunks in the past few seasons

Bishop
Jonny Williams
Huws
Dozzell
Fraser
McGoldrick

And again this season, if we'd not lost Jonny Walters we'd be flying in 23rd position by now.
Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:45 - Jan 21 with 1453 viewsLeagueOne

What?

How were we anywhere near top 6 with that squad last season? It would need more than a winger to make up for the shortcomings of the rest of the team.

We haven't had a genuine top 6 side since the summer of 2005. That's a fact, even in 2015 we scraped the play offs but we were a top 11 team at best.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:52 - Jan 21 with 1428 viewstextbackup

I don’t understand, we got in P.O. with BFJ?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 19:03 - Jan 21 with 1379 viewsBlueBadger

At least two of those would have gotten us promoted had they had the resources afforded to Keane, and to a lesser extent, Jewell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 1365 viewsBluefish

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 18:52 - Jan 21 by textbackup

I don’t understand, we got in P.O. with BFJ?

Positions when they left the club. I could add highest finishing position

Final positions for Ipswich managers on 19:15 - Jan 21 with 1349 viewsDarth_Koont

And a fit central midfield. Huws, Bishop, Adeyemi and Dozzell were missed terribly last season (certainly as a group) and they left a gaping hole that screwed up our chances of being a strong team.

12th was a good effort all things considered but I don't think we could realistically have got much higher than that.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024