Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful so far 12:19 - Feb 10 with 1458 viewsDubtractor

We really are a bloody terrible team aren't we?

Not a new observation I know.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Awful so far on 12:20 - Feb 10 with 1438 viewsBackToRussia

We've not been truly awful for a long time. Even the 2002 relegation had that amazing run of form. This is what it feels like to be truly, irredeemably sh1t in every way.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Awful so far on 12:26 - Feb 10 with 1384 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Norwich look like they have an extra man. So much space and time on the ball. At least get stuck in to them ffs!
Awful so far on 12:28 - Feb 10 with 1372 viewsGlasgowBlue

As I said in another thread, we have absolutely zero belief once we concede.

We aren't playing Manchester City. The derby earlier in the season was evenly matched. There is't a massive gulf in ability when you look at the players we have.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Awful so far on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 1337 viewspointofblue

Awful so far on 12:20 - Feb 10 by BackToRussia

We've not been truly awful for a long time. Even the 2002 relegation had that amazing run of form. This is what it feels like to be truly, irredeemably sh1t in every way.

Three teams that determined our future for the worse - Liverpool, as that 6-0 win leading into an international break destroyed any confidence we’d built up and we never really recovered; West Ham in the 2004/2005 Play Offs as it was really a case of all or nothing and then Norwich in 2014/2015... again, all or nothing from our point of view.

Maybe we’ll be back in the Play Offs again in 2024/2025? Not sure of what League!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Awful so far on 12:31 - Feb 10 with 1303 viewsGlasgowBlue

Awful so far on 12:29 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Three teams that determined our future for the worse - Liverpool, as that 6-0 win leading into an international break destroyed any confidence we’d built up and we never really recovered; West Ham in the 2004/2005 Play Offs as it was really a case of all or nothing and then Norwich in 2014/2015... again, all or nothing from our point of view.

Maybe we’ll be back in the Play Offs again in 2024/2025? Not sure of what League!

The Charlton away game was the one for me. It ended our very good run. We threw away a really good early lead that day.

Iron Lion Zion

Awful so far on 12:33 - Feb 10 with 1264 viewsLeagueOne

Awful so far on 12:28 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

As I said in another thread, we have absolutely zero belief once we concede.

We aren't playing Manchester City. The derby earlier in the season was evenly matched. There is't a massive gulf in ability when you look at the players we have.

Why continue to kid yourself over this? There's a million miles between the ability of Ipswich and Norwich now, the league table isn't a myth. This is our worse team ever assembled and should they still be here next season they'll struggle in the league below because they are that bad. Why can't some of us accept the fact? We're bottom of the weakest Championship ever. We've been bottom all season. We've won just 9 games since December 2017. We're not good enough to be in the Championship. Norwich will be in the Premier League next season. That's a massive difference, get real.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Awful so far on 12:35 - Feb 10 with 1236 viewspointofblue

Awful so far on 12:31 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

The Charlton away game was the one for me. It ended our very good run. We threw away a really good early lead that day.

Not quite; we’d won three games prior to the Charlton defeat whilst after it we picked up 12 out of 12 before running into Liverpool. After that mauling we only won one league game - Middlesbrough - but we followed that with a home match against Manchester United and a trip to Anfield so the die was cast.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Awful so far on 12:36 - Feb 10 with 1216 viewsHerbivore

Our set pieces sum us up. Most of the time we just smack it aimlessly out of play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Awful so far on 12:38 - Feb 10 with 1171 viewsGlasgowBlue

Awful so far on 12:36 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Our set pieces sum us up. Most of the time we just smack it aimlessly out of play.

We now seem to be dominating possession yet every time Norwich have an attack I get a squeaky bum. We have no end product.

Iron Lion Zion

Awful so far on 12:55 - Feb 10 with 991 viewsLankHenners

Awful so far on 12:38 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

We now seem to be dominating possession yet every time Norwich have an attack I get a squeaky bum. We have no end product.

Another microcosm of our season today - concede a stupid goal from making a right meal of a cross put in the box, start playing ok once a goal down, but lack the quality to make the most of getting into decent attacking positions, all whilst looking very vulnerable on the counter.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Awful so far on 13:03 - Feb 10 with 935 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Awful so far on 12:38 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. Think we've been the better team (after horror first 15). Some excellent football at times but never look like finding killer pass or finish. Makes me confident with a tweak we can really take it to L1 and build on it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Awful so far on 13:05 - Feb 10 with 901 viewsDubtractor

Awful so far on 13:03 - Feb 10 by Terry_Nutkins

Yes. Think we've been the better team (after horror first 15). Some excellent football at times but never look like finding killer pass or finish. Makes me confident with a tweak we can really take it to L1 and build on it.

We've improved after the first 15, but claiming we have played some excellent football is MASSIVELY overstating things.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024