Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge must be signed 04:30 - Feb 17 with 1378 viewsharlingblue

Alan Judge, played in his natural position in the Town team is a revelation, and must be signed.
He is a mini Magilton but with a dynamo engine, that allows young Town players like Bishop, Downes, Dozzell and loanee Chalobah to mature in midfield, while creating for an attack that just needs that instinctive goalpoacher.
Alan Judge must be signed on 08:43 - Feb 17 with 1222 viewsRegencyBlue

If we can sign him we should but the problem will be that on the evidence so far he is still very capable of doing a good job for a Championship side.

I don’t imagine he will be short of offers in the summer so it will come down to money and whether he wants to play League 1 football at this stage of his career.
Alan Judge must be signed on 08:47 - Feb 17 with 1191 viewsDeano69

Spot on. Fingers crossed.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:51 - Feb 17 with 1171 views3_5_2

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:43 - Feb 17 by RegencyBlue

If we can sign him we should but the problem will be that on the evidence so far he is still very capable of doing a good job for a Championship side.

I don’t imagine he will be short of offers in the summer so it will come down to money and whether he wants to play League 1 football at this stage of his career.

this

unfortunately

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:54 - Feb 17 with 1162 viewsEly_Blue

We have an option on a furthe4 12 months so can’t see him going anywhere in the summer unless we decide we don’t want to keep him

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:55 - Feb 17 with 1163 viewsDevereuxxx

Although there have been some noises in the last few days that his contract extension is in the hands of the club, you'd have thought it's still unlikely he'll be here next season. His form suggests, as others have mentioned, he can more than still cut it at championship level, while his wages would be a huge chunk of the League 1 wage budget.

Would be great if both club and player come to an agreement, but you can see how it would be difficult for both parties.
Alan Judge must be signed on 08:58 - Feb 17 with 1157 viewsjas0999

It will all be down to money. We have an option to sign him for next season and Judge has said that agreement is more in the clubs favour. But in League One - can we afford that type of contract? I suspect he is one of the higher earners as signed directly from another club albeit on a free.
Alan Judge must be signed on 09:04 - Feb 17 with 1121 viewsBluebell

This...

And Derby will want him when they remain in the Championship. They seem to want all our 'good' players.
Alan Judge must be signed on 09:08 - Feb 17 with 1093 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:58 - Feb 17 by jas0999

It will all be down to money. We have an option to sign him for next season and Judge has said that agreement is more in the clubs favour. But in League One - can we afford that type of contract? I suspect he is one of the higher earners as signed directly from another club albeit on a free.

Depends a little on what "more in the club's favour" means. Is there a release clause should we receive a certain level offer for him?

He and Collins should have provided us with our best chance of survival. If they could both be fully fit for the rest of the season I would still give us some chance of doing so. Unfortunately Collins won't be and one man does not make a team.

If Judge stays and remains fit, Bishop should learn a lot from him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge must be signed on 09:15 - Feb 17 with 1075 viewsGuthrum

League One football with a view to having a good season and being promoted back to the Championship is quite different to dropping to a team perennially at that level as an admission of declining faculties.

Environment and management are also important factors. I'm convinced that players (especially experienced ones) are prepared to move - or stay at a club - in order to work under someone they respect and be in a happy squad when otherwise they might not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Alan Judge must be signed on 09:33 - Feb 17 with 1021 viewsBLUEBEAT

Alan Judge must be signed on 08:54 - Feb 17 by Ely_Blue

We have an option on a furthe4 12 months so can’t see him going anywhere in the summer unless we decide we don’t want to keep him

Word is this option is only available if ITFC are a Championship side next season.

Poll: W or W

Alan Judge must be signed on 10:30 - Feb 17 with 923 viewsWhymarkmariner

Be great to keep Judge. But in the position the Town are in there's so many if's and but's. Will we be demoted ? probably, but not definitely, at the moment. Who will be here if demoted ? Out of the loanees that PL has made probably only Keane, possibly Judge, but in the clubs favour can mean anything. We have got most of the young players now on contracts which is good. But what about Huws and Adeyemi, will they ever play for Town again ? Knudsen I've no doubt will leave and Bart probably one of our top paid players might go. Chalobah may go out on loan, but not with us and Bree probably the same. Then we have Skuse and Chambers, both on decent wages, both not getting any younger, but have the experience. To add to all of this you have all the players that PH brought in. PL has one hell of a lot of sorting out to do. One place that most definitely needs addressing is a goalscorer. If we had got one at the moment I don't think we would be where we are.
Alan Judge must be signed on 10:54 - Feb 17 with 871 viewsBlueBadger

Alan Judge must be signed on 09:04 - Feb 17 by Bluebell

This...

And Derby will want him when they remain in the Championship. They seem to want all our 'good' players.

Look, that annual 7th place doesn't come cheap you know.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024