Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? 18:44 - Mar 12 with 940 viewstractorboy1978

I've seen and heard people on the radio and the TV doing so but would any club have definitely stopped that bloke getting onto the pitch? We don't have the same outrage at the club when a streaker gets on the pitch.

On a similar note, has anybody ever been checked going into Portman Road? If I so wished I could get a knife in there easily or a heavy object to be lobbed at a player. Checks at football grounds are virtually non-existent. It is a sad state of affairs if everybody has to be checked as they go in but I am very surprised given the climate in recent years that this isn't the case at football matches.
Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 19:35 - Mar 12 with 882 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve never really thought about it, as it’s just the way it is. Clubs have always had a responsibility for the control of their fans in the ground. Or at least in modern times they have. Tbh I don’t even know why (insurance?, FIFA rules?, legal?).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 19:40 - Mar 12 with 867 viewsfooters

The disparagement of the noble, 'proud' streaker is one of the sad symptoms of modern times.

'Idiot(s)'? Or brave celebrators and advocates of the male form? Sky has much to answer for here.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 19:42 - Mar 12 with 865 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think punishing the club sends the right message and encourages fellow fans to stop others doing it (ultimately the greatest deterrent is fans physically stopping them).

If you say should the club have prevented it? It depends how foreseeable it was that from that area of the crowd it would happen. To carpet the perimeter with stewards is tricky.

The other thing I find bizarre is this "if he had a knife he could have killed him". If he had premeditated it then the whole incident is a different kettle of fish. If someone is premeditating it, Grealish is not safe in public full stop.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 22:54 - Mar 12 with 772 viewstractorboy1978

Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 19:35 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve never really thought about it, as it’s just the way it is. Clubs have always had a responsibility for the control of their fans in the ground. Or at least in modern times they have. Tbh I don’t even know why (insurance?, FIFA rules?, legal?).

Every club in the land relies on the fans being sensible, there is no club out there that has any "control" over the fans. I saw a picture a couple of months back of a bloke sitting in the Co-Op stand with a glass jar of Doritos dip. And yet a bottle of coke cannot be taken to the stands with a bottle cap on for fear of being a dangerous object.
Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 22:59 - Mar 12 with 756 viewsLord_Lucan

No.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Am I the only one that finds blaming Birmingham mad? on 00:30 - Mar 13 with 696 viewsTrequartista

Agree. Not sure what mistake they have made to deserve any punishment. Should they put a cage round the perimeter or something?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024