Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Pickles 13:07 - Mar 19 with 7351 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you thought about what you might do if Brexit doesn't happen? Would you be likely to get involved in local politics, try and keep leaving an issue? Would you be motivated enough to march and protest or, heaven forbid, riot?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what might actually happen with your average Leave voter, as I'm not entirely convinced it'll be anything more than plenty of grumbling in the comments section of Daily Mail and some tutting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hey Pickles on 13:10 - Mar 19 with 2936 viewsm14_blue

I genuinely think there would be widespread civil unrest.

People have been whipped up into such a frenzy by our diabolical press (see today’s front pages) and self serving politicians that they’re all absolutely furious, even if very few of them could articulate why.
Hey Pickles on 13:11 - Mar 19 with 2929 viewsfooters

I'd buy shares in anyone that makes beta-blockers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hey Pickles on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 2914 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:10 - Mar 19 by m14_blue

I genuinely think there would be widespread civil unrest.

People have been whipped up into such a frenzy by our diabolical press (see today’s front pages) and self serving politicians that they’re all absolutely furious, even if very few of them could articulate why.

Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that.

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon. I could be wrong, obviously. It did happen once.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hey Pickles on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 2899 viewsJ2BLUE

I reckon there will be loads of protest rallies with only the far right ones turning violent.

Along with lots of people getting VERY upset on Question Time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hey Pickles on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 2891 viewsfooters

Hey Pickles on 13:18 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I reckon there will be loads of protest rallies with only the far right ones turning violent.

Oh well. A million of us marched against Iraq. Look how that went.

Edit: marched, not voted. Oh if there'd been a vote...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:21]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hey Pickles on 13:21 - Mar 19 with 2883 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, if there are to be Far Right rallies then it is time to remind everyone:

It's never a bad thing to punch a Facist.

Especially as they won't be really assembling to protest a lack of Brexit really, but instead to intimidate minorities while 'celebrating' White Supremacy.

Hey Pickles on 13:23 - Mar 19 with 2858 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:18 - Mar 19 by footers

Oh well. A million of us marched against Iraq. Look how that went.

Edit: marched, not voted. Oh if there'd been a vote...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:21]

Surely we can demand a referendum on whatever we like now, right? The 'Will of the People' and all that.

I'd like a referendum on the next budget please. Less military spending, more funding for Education and Foreign Aid. Get that on the ballot paper. They can stop all that 'here's a penny off your pint' crowd pleasing nonsense too.

Hey Pickles on 13:23 - Mar 19 with 2861 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 13:21 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Well, if there are to be Far Right rallies then it is time to remind everyone:

It's never a bad thing to punch a Facist.

Especially as they won't be really assembling to protest a lack of Brexit really, but instead to intimidate minorities while 'celebrating' White Supremacy.

Disagree. No need for it.

In fact, when that little c unit egged the Australian politician (who is a complete tool, granted) I was hoping he would get a good pasting. These things aren't ok just because people agree with their views.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Hey Pickles on 13:26 - Mar 19 with 2838 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:23 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

In fact, when that little c unit egged the Australian politician (who is a complete tool, granted) I was hoping he would get a good pasting. These things aren't ok just because people agree with their views.

I don't think talking to Fascists and listening to their concerns respectfully will probably have an optimal outcome for quite a few folk. If someone is threatening lives, I think a punch is ok.

Hey Pickles on 13:27 - Mar 19 with 2836 viewsm14_blue

Hey Pickles on 13:15 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that.

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon. I could be wrong, obviously. It did happen once.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:18]

Yes but huge swathes of the working classes have also been sold the same lie.

My social media is swamped with FLA types who have suddenly become interested in politics and are getting themselves in quite a state about Brexit.
Hey Pickles on 13:29 - Mar 19 with 2824 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:27 - Mar 19 by m14_blue

Yes but huge swathes of the working classes have also been sold the same lie.

My social media is swamped with FLA types who have suddenly become interested in politics and are getting themselves in quite a state about Brexit.

I wonder how much of it is about Brexit though, and how much is the feeling that Xenophobic outbursts and sentiments are no longer something to be quite so embarrassed about.

I do wonder what these people will do next if we DO leave the EU. I can't imagine they will go away.

Hey Pickles on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 2820 viewsZedRodgers

They would have to rename it 'Shouting Very Irately with Lots of Finger Wagging Time"

No, not at the moment

Hey Pickles on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 2817 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 13:26 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I don't think talking to Fascists and listening to their concerns respectfully will probably have an optimal outcome for quite a few folk. If someone is threatening lives, I think a punch is ok.

This is an example of the hypocrisy i'm always banging on about. Violence is not ok and if violence is not ok then it isn't ok for either side.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 13:31 - Mar 19 with 2812 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:23 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Oh, and 'Tool' doesn't quite cover the description of Fraser Anning.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:35]

Hey Pickles on 13:31 - Mar 19 with 2803 viewsm14_blue

Hey Pickles on 13:29 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how much of it is about Brexit though, and how much is the feeling that Xenophobic outbursts and sentiments are no longer something to be quite so embarrassed about.

I do wonder what these people will do next if we DO leave the EU. I can't imagine they will go away.

I think that’s right, the EU is just the current target.
Hey Pickles on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 2789 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 13:30 - Mar 19 by ZedRodgers

They would have to rename it 'Shouting Very Irately with Lots of Finger Wagging Time"

Agree

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 2781 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:30 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

This is an example of the hypocrisy i'm always banging on about. Violence is not ok and if violence is not ok then it isn't ok for either side.

Your need to apply balance to equal balance to everything doesn't always work in the real world, as the things you are trying to equate are not inherently equal.

Your stance is admirable, but these people want to harm others. You have to be willing to stand up to that, with direct action if need be.

On another note, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts regarding my response to the accusation you steered in my direction yesterday.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:39]

Hey Pickles on 13:42 - Mar 19 with 2735 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 13:35 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Your need to apply balance to equal balance to everything doesn't always work in the real world, as the things you are trying to equate are not inherently equal.

Your stance is admirable, but these people want to harm others. You have to be willing to stand up to that, with direct action if need be.

On another note, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts regarding my response to the accusation you steered in my direction yesterday.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:39]

You're talking about attacking people in the street. If a woman went up to Anna Soubry and slapped her for 'betraying the will of the people' you would be strongly condemning it.

Who is the man in the video? What has he done to promote harming others? I genuinely don't know who he is.

Why else is fair game? Rees-Mogg because of his beliefs? Boris Johnson because he's come out with a few things that have offended people?

It just seems people are willing to twist everything to fit their viewpoint. Violence against people I agree with = terrible. Violence against people who I disagree with = great.

I hold everyone to the same standard. To answer a point from your post in the other thread, yes I do hold myself to the same standards I hold everyone else to. I sometimes fall short I admit but I can honestly say a lot of the time I really do hold myself to those standards. I disagree with violence against anyone whose views I agree with or disagree with. I can't think it is ok just because the right people are targeted. This is a dangerous road to go down. Rees-Mogg's home was attacked and some people said oh well, he deserves it because of his views.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 2703 viewsjeera

Hey Pickles on 13:31 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Oh, and 'Tool' doesn't quite cover the description of Fraser Anning.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:35]

That Anning seems to be an utter prick, but as J2 alludes, that kid was also a jumped up little tosser.

Filming himself doing it, he was only interested in a bit of self-publicity.

I hate this concept of filming absolutely everything and honestly wouldn't have blamed the Aussie, prick or no prick, if he'd lumped the kid a la Prescott.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 13:56 - Mar 19 with 2687 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 13:53 - Mar 19 by jeera

That Anning seems to be an utter prick, but as J2 alludes, that kid was also a jumped up little tosser.

Filming himself doing it, he was only interested in a bit of self-publicity.

I hate this concept of filming absolutely everything and honestly wouldn't have blamed the Aussie, prick or no prick, if he'd lumped the kid a la Prescott.

What I despise about the world is that there is already a crowdfunding page for his legal fees. People donating because they think it's good that he egged someone because of course they deserve it for having the wrong views. Let me be clear, Anning is a right c unit and in my opinion his views are clearly wrong but does that give that little prick the right to do that?

We are going down a dangerous road.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:00 - Mar 19 with 2671 viewsjeera

Hey Pickles on 13:56 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

What I despise about the world is that there is already a crowdfunding page for his legal fees. People donating because they think it's good that he egged someone because of course they deserve it for having the wrong views. Let me be clear, Anning is a right c unit and in my opinion his views are clearly wrong but does that give that little prick the right to do that?

We are going down a dangerous road.

Agree, and to be 100% clear in case anyone tries to misinterpret.

Anning is a piece of sh*t.

But to 'egg' someone in front of cameras where you know yourself to be safe is cowardly.

To then film a reaction is pathetic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 2658 viewsDarth_Koont

Hey Pickles on 13:29 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Indeed.

Better to rip off the Band-Aid over Brexit. After all, we can all blame the politicians for their incompetence, which is better than letting these feelings move unchecked onto the next section of the population.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hey Pickles on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 2633 viewsBloomBlue

A civil war would be good for the country, help give some of the young people an identity.
Hey Pickles on 14:07 - Mar 19 with 2622 viewsm14_blue

Hey Pickles on 14:06 - Mar 19 by BloomBlue

A civil war would be good for the country, help give some of the young people an identity.

You’re so edgy.
Hey Pickles on 14:07 - Mar 19 with 2622 viewsvapour_trail

Hey Pickles on 14:06 - Mar 19 by BloomBlue

Ha, good point. You old fcks would likely take a right pasting though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024