Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension 16:41 - Mar 20 with 945 viewshomer_123

If its May's deal....they are not comfortable for anything longer as they might be held to ransome by one of the 27.

It is crunch time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 923 viewsSwansea_Blue

We may not find out because of the impasse. Bercow says May has to bring back a substantively different motion on the WA, which requires something from the EU (e.g. agreement to an extension). Yet the EU won't agree to an extension unless the WA is passed through the House first.

Political chicken or egg innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 16:53 - Mar 20 with 909 viewshomer_123

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 16:50 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

We may not find out because of the impasse. Bercow says May has to bring back a substantively different motion on the WA, which requires something from the EU (e.g. agreement to an extension). Yet the EU won't agree to an extension unless the WA is passed through the House first.

Political chicken or egg innit.

May is defiant isnt she?

Absolutely committed to this deal or nothing it seems. Something needs to give.

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 892 viewsLeaky

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 16:53 - Mar 20 by homer_123

May is defiant isnt she?

Absolutely committed to this deal or nothing it seems. Something needs to give.

Probably the only deal the EU wants which a bit worrying its seems unless her deal is passed by HoC its np deal
As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 889 viewsclive_baker

Of course they are, because they know it's a deal that suits the EU more than it suits the UK. It's a pony deal and they're backing Westminster into a corner by saying agree to it or you'll be leaving without any deal at all. It's all so predictable, of course the EU weren't going to give us a good deal, why would they? They've got us where they want us with the clock ticking down and must be p1ssing themselves laughing.

It's decision time now.

A) No deal disaster
B) Crap deal
C) Remain - if that's even feasible now given the timelines.

Absolute disgrace that such incompetence could leave us in this position.

Article 50 should be withdrawn tomorrow, with a view to a 2nd referendum: Remain or Leave without a deal. Put it back to the people, remain will win, we can all get on with our lives.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:13 - Mar 20 with 865 viewshomer_123

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:05 - Mar 20 by clive_baker

Of course they are, because they know it's a deal that suits the EU more than it suits the UK. It's a pony deal and they're backing Westminster into a corner by saying agree to it or you'll be leaving without any deal at all. It's all so predictable, of course the EU weren't going to give us a good deal, why would they? They've got us where they want us with the clock ticking down and must be p1ssing themselves laughing.

It's decision time now.

A) No deal disaster
B) Crap deal
C) Remain - if that's even feasible now given the timelines.

Absolute disgrace that such incompetence could leave us in this position.

Article 50 should be withdrawn tomorrow, with a view to a 2nd referendum: Remain or Leave without a deal. Put it back to the people, remain will win, we can all get on with our lives.

Remain entirely feasible and doesnt require 27 EU states to agree.

We can simply revoke and remain.

This is a win win for the EU....hardball dealing showsothers they shouldn't leave....if we remain....EU can say look....the UK tried to leave and couldn't.

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:17 - Mar 20 with 856 viewschicoazul

I honestly can see us revoking before No Deal happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 846 viewshomer_123

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:17 - Mar 20 by chicoazul

I honestly can see us revoking before No Deal happens.

Either way....it leaves a lot of people pissed off.

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:33 - Mar 20 with 822 viewsChocorange

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:20 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Cynics may say that our PM ( a remainer) has played a blinder and is close to getting exactly what she wanted all along..
Login to get fewer ads

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:35 - Mar 20 with 820 viewsclive_baker

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:20 - Mar 20 by homer_123

They'll get over it. I think that's why a 2nd ref is important, as long as it's positioned correctly to quash any talk of anti-democracy.

"It's wholly democratic. The people voted out, it was listened to and the route to doing that most effectively has been explored over the past 2 years. It's become clear that the only workable solution is No Deal. Therefore it goes back to the people, a simple vote that we either Leave with no deal, or we Remain. Couldn't be any clearer or more democratic".

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:42 - Mar 20 with 799 viewsBlueBadger

As I posted the other day...the EU are happy for a short extension on 17:33 - Mar 20 by Chocorange

Cynics may say that our PM ( a remainer) has played a blinder and is close to getting exactly what she wanted all along..

Yes, but that would mean her genuinely being a) far more competent than most of her career has suggested and b) actually interested in doing what's best for the country.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 17:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024