Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hadn't flown BA for a few years 19:05 - Mar 29 with 3702 viewsfactual_blue

This almost made it worthwhile.

Almost

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:16 - Mar 29 with 2618 viewspowinswitch

Where did you go, and what did you make of the service provided.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:19 - Mar 29 with 2607 viewswkj

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:16 - Mar 29 by powinswitch

Port Elizabeth for a TWTD meetup, and he was ankle checked by a german apparently

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:26 - Mar 29 with 2594 viewsblueislander

That video has been shown for about 2 years. I use BA a lot as I hold one of their gold cards. I have always liked their long haul service, but short haul could be a bit sketchy.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:31 - Mar 29 with 2579 viewsLord_Lucan

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:26 - Mar 29 by blueislander

That video has been shown for about 2 years. I use BA a lot as I hold one of their gold cards. I have always liked their long haul service, but short haul could be a bit sketchy.

You mean it's actually real? It's the sort of thing I would expect on Ryanair

They must have a proper formal safety information advice as well?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:35 - Mar 29 with 2568 viewspowinswitch

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:26 - Mar 29 by blueislander

I don’t fly a lot, I am not a business flyer. I have only flown on BA a few times, but wouldn’t describe their service as top drawer. The check in on my last flight (last Friday) was poorly manned, and right next door to an Air France flight which was well staffed. I thought the stewards were great, but my seat was broken, so I was moved. Then somebody else had a broken entertainment screen, so they needed to be moved. Very happy for more frequent flyers to tell me their experiences
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:36 - Mar 29 with 2566 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:31 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

You mean it's actually real? It's the sort of thing I would expect on Ryanair

They must have a proper formal safety information advice as well?

Yep it’s real. On every flight. It’s actually engaging, ie people watch it (more so than on plenty of other airlines).
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:38 - Mar 29 with 2558 viewsLord_Lucan

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:36 - Mar 29 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep it’s real. On every flight. It’s actually engaging, ie people watch it (more so than on plenty of other airlines).

I think it's blooming terrible.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:39 - Mar 29 with 2557 viewspowinswitch

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:38 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

I think it's blooming terrible.

Me too
Login to get fewer ads

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:40 - Mar 29 with 2552 viewsLord_Lucan

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:39 - Mar 29 by powinswitch

Me too

It's trivialising safety isn't it.

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:44 - Mar 29 with 2541 viewspowinswitch

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:40 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

It’s not what I expect from a company who think they are delivering a premium service. Don’t get me wrong I’m more Aldi than Fortuna and masons on most things, and flew economy. But it was long haul and I imagine they were the only company flying direct from uk
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:48 - Mar 29 with 2527 viewsvapour_trail

They’re celeb obsessed these days, BA. It’s to deflect attention from the decline in their service.

My old boy used to lead their marketing team in the 80s. He wouldn’t have stood for this nonsense. He was selling a superior product in those days though. I will show him this when I visit him in the dementia wing at the weekend, anything BA always sparks a reaction.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:16 - Mar 29 with 2466 viewsfactual_blue

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:16 - Mar 29 by powinswitch

Flew out to Rio. Decent newish plane (787?) reasonably comfortable. Decent entertainment - selection of movies & tv was good. Food ok, but they ran out of pasta.

Flew back from Buenos Aires. Older plane. Poor in flight entertainment - far fewer films. No TV box sets. Food was dreadful. They didn't run out of pasta unfortunately - it was woefully overcooked and the vegetarian sauce with it was disgustingly tasteless.

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:28 - Mar 29 with 2459 viewsXYZ

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:16 - Mar 29 by factual_blue

Flew out to Rio. Decent newish plane (787?) reasonably comfortable. Decent entertainment - selection of movies & tv was good. Food ok, but they ran out of pasta.

Flew back from Buenos Aires. Older plane. Poor in flight entertainment - far fewer films. No TV box sets. Food was dreadful. They didn't run out of pasta unfortunately - it was woefully overcooked and the vegetarian sauce with it was disgustingly tasteless.

I flew BA long haul once.

A short list of better airlines;

Singapore
Malaysia
Thai
Cathay Pacific
Emirates
Qatar

Qantas came closest to BA.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:30 - Mar 29 with 2455 viewsblueislander

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:28 - Mar 29 by XYZ

Singapore
Malaysia
Thai
Cathay Pacific
Emirates
Qatar

Which class?
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:31 - Mar 29 with 2452 viewsSpruceMoose

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 19:40 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

I think the point is to actually get you to pay attention. Plenty of folks just ignore the cabin crew when they go through the routine. Too busy fiddling with iPads and jamming their fooking chairs back into my knees.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:33 - Mar 29 with 2446 viewsXYZ

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:30 - Mar 29 by blueislander

Which class?

Cattle.

Although BA thought I'd be impressed by giving me a "first class" breakfast, having cocked up every other meal on an Aus to UK flight (21 hours flying).
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:46 - Mar 29 with 2417 viewsfactual_blue

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:28 - Mar 29 by XYZ

Singapore
Malaysia
Thai
Cathay Pacific
Emirates
Qatar

I've flown three of those, and all were way better in every respect.

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:47 - Mar 29 with 2417 viewsblueislander

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:33 - Mar 29 by XYZ

Cattle.

Although BA thought I'd be impressed by giving me a "first class" breakfast, having cocked up every other meal on an Aus to UK flight (21 hours flying).

I have to confess I have never travelled Economy long haul. For orthodaedic reasons I need a flat bed. BA are much maligned, but over 40 years of travel years of travel they have very rarely let me down.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:48 - Mar 29 with 2416 viewsfactual_blue

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:31 - Mar 29 by SpruceMoose

I think the point is to actually get you to pay attention. Plenty of folks just ignore the cabin crew when they go through the routine. Too busy fiddling with iPads and jamming their fooking chairs back into my knees.

People responded in one of two ways: those familiar with Caine, Lumley, Coleman and Walliams do indeed pay attention. Foreigners clearly thought 'WTF'?

But we don't want foreigners here any more, do we?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 21:49]

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 2410 viewsElderGrizzly

This is true and the reason it is done. Air New Zealand were one of the first to really go for it.

And on BA, i used to use them almost every week, but the last year have used Virgin Atlantic across the pond and they are heads and shoulders above them in service and business and premium product.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:54 - Mar 29 with 2403 viewsSpruceMoose

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:52 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

This is true and the reason it is done. Air New Zealand were one of the first to really go for it.

And on BA, i used to use them almost every week, but the last year have used Virgin Atlantic across the pond and they are heads and shoulders above them in service and business and premium product.

Agree with Virgin. Unless there's a stupidly cheap flight on another airline it's Virgin all the way. Their Heathrow clubhouse is one of the nicer lounges too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:56 - Mar 29 with 2400 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes, I understand the point.

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:56 - Mar 29 with 2401 viewsblueislander

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:52 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

I really don’t like the Virgin beds. My wife who is slightly claustrophobic refuses to go with them.
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 22:09 - Mar 29 with 2375 viewsElderGrizzly

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:56 - Mar 29 by blueislander

I really don’t like the Virgin beds. My wife who is slightly claustrophobic refuses to go with them.

I know what you mean and I always go 10k on the A330 so no-one is behind me.

They are releasing a new seat on their A350 later this year which is going to rival BA’s new Club Suite launched last week
Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 22:11 - Mar 29 with 2365 viewsElderGrizzly

Hadn't flown BA for a few years on 21:54 - Mar 29 by SpruceMoose

Agree with Virgin. Unless there's a stupidly cheap flight on another airline it's Virgin all the way. Their Heathrow clubhouse is one of the nicer lounges too.

DC has been £1600 with Virgin and £4000 with BA in the last 6 months.

Agree on Clubhouse. Excellent and relaxing rather than uptight like the Concorde Lounge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024