Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you are charged with a criminal offence 15:12 - May 29 with 793 viewsfactual_blue

Are you excluded from becoming leader of the tory party?

(Asking for a friend)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 15:13 - May 29 with 790 viewshomer_123

No, it is a prerequisite for being Tory leader.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 15:14 - May 29 with 789 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mandatory isn't it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 15:14 - May 29 with 787 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Depends on when exactly the pig squeals.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 15:27 - May 29 with 758 viewsOldsmoker

He must be assumed guilty before being found innocent.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:25 - May 29 with 721 viewsRadlett_blue

Well, even if convicted of a serious criminal offence (perjury) you are apparently allowed to remain a member of the Commons, (see Fiona Onasanya) so I don't see the problem.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:40 - May 29 with 702 viewsNo9

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 15:27 - May 29 by Oldsmoker

He must be assumed guilty before being found innocent.

It is interesting his legal team have NBOT pleaded innocent but mitigating circumstances
If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:41 - May 29 with 698 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:40 - May 29 by No9

It is interesting his legal team have NBOT pleaded innocent but mitigating circumstances

What are those - that he's a cretinous buffoon?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:49 - May 29 with 687 viewsfactual_blue

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:25 - May 29 by Radlett_blue

Well, even if convicted of a serious criminal offence (perjury) you are apparently allowed to remain a member of the Commons, (see Fiona Onasanya) so I don't see the problem.

She wasn't convicted of perjury, but of perverting the course of justice, and wasn't able to remain a member of the House of Commons.

It was tory minister Jonathan Aitken who was convicted of the more serious crime of perjury.

Login to get fewer ads

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 17:24 - May 29 with 670 viewsRadlett_blue

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 16:49 - May 29 by factual_blue

She wasn't convicted of perjury, but of perverting the course of justice, and wasn't able to remain a member of the House of Commons.

It was tory minister Jonathan Aitken who was convicted of the more serious crime of perjury.

Yes, you're right - she was only convicted of perverting the course of justice. However, she was allowed to collect her parliamentary salary while in jail and was only removed as MP for Peterborough after enough constituents signed a recall petition.
It's even harder to remove a criminal from the Lords - e.g. Jeffrey Archer, despite convictions for perverting the course of justice & perjury - or Lord Hanningfield, sent to prison for false accounting during the expenses scandal but still rocks up to the Lords to collect his £300 a day.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 17:50 - May 29 with 640 viewsfactual_blue

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 17:24 - May 29 by Radlett_blue

Yes, you're right - she was only convicted of perverting the course of justice. However, she was allowed to collect her parliamentary salary while in jail and was only removed as MP for Peterborough after enough constituents signed a recall petition.
It's even harder to remove a criminal from the Lords - e.g. Jeffrey Archer, despite convictions for perverting the course of justice & perjury - or Lord Hanningfield, sent to prison for false accounting during the expenses scandal but still rocks up to the Lords to collect his £300 a day.

If the sentence is less than twelve months, they don't have to resign. I think Parliament, or more specifically the Speaker, triggered the petition mechanism.

If you are charged with a criminal offence on 17:59 - May 29 with 634 viewslowhouseblue

do you know the difference between a private prosecution and a criminal charge?

(asking for a friend).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024