Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket 21:05 - Jun 5 with 2725 viewswkj

One year later and I have to say I still don't understand how the amount of bowls left work, what a wicket is in terms of the score or why the aussies wish they were as good as us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:08 - Jun 5 with 2711 viewsGuthrum

There's a very tense game finishing at this moment. New Zealand have 7 to get, with just two wickets remaining, against Bangladesh.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:09 - Jun 5 with 2702 viewswkj

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:08 - Jun 5 by Guthrum

There's a very tense game finishing at this moment. New Zealand have 7 to get, with just two wickets remaining, against Bangladesh.

So what is a wicket is that the number of balls left?

Crybaby

a cracking finale (n/t) on 21:11 - Jun 5 with 2693 viewsDyland

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:08 - Jun 5 by Guthrum

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

oh do shush silly chops, the adults are talking (n/t) on 21:12 - Jun 5 with 2686 viewsDyland

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:09 - Jun 5 by wkj

oh do shush silly chops, the adults are talking (n/t) on 21:13 - Jun 5 with 2681 viewswkj

oh do shush silly chops, the adults are talking (n/t) on 21:12 - Jun 5 by Dyland

I was being serous there unfortunately

Crybaby

so was I (n/t) on 21:13 - Jun 5 with 2681 viewsDyland

oh do shush silly chops, the adults are talking (n/t) on 21:13 - Jun 5 by wkj

I was being serous there unfortunately

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:16 - Jun 5 with 2667 viewsGuthrum

Runs are the only score which counts. Each side in turn has an innings of ten wickets (11 batsmen, but you have to have one at both ends) to first set the highest score possible, then to try to beat it.

The current competition is One Day, which means each side is limited to 50 six-ball overs (as well as only having ten wickets). Twenty20, as the name suggests, is a quick 20 overs each side. Test matches are the long format, played over 5 days at international level, with no limit on the length of innings and each side getting two goes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:27 - Jun 5 with 2612 viewswellsy700

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:09 - Jun 5 by wkj

A wicket is when a batsman is dismissed

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Login to get fewer ads

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:37 - Jun 5 with 2592 viewscaught-in-limbo

If you're that hopeless, you're not serious about getting into the game.

If you really do want to get into it but are blinded by terminology, get into statistics first.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:39 - Jun 5 with 2587 viewswkj

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:37 - Jun 5 by caught-in-limbo

If you're that hopeless, you're not serious about getting into the game.

If you really do want to get into it but are blinded by terminology, get into statistics first.

Behave. Asking people that know about the rules as a novice and outside is pretty much common practice

Crybaby

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:00 - Jun 6 with 2458 viewsstonojnr

think this explains it,even if I cant claim credit for writing it and its about test cricket but still works for ODI :)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out,
and when he's out he comes in,
and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in, and the side that's been in goes out,and tries to get out those coming in.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out,

including the not outs, the winner is declared.....if there is one!

Howzat!
A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:04 - Jun 6 with 2454 viewswkj

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:00 - Jun 6 by stonojnr

think this explains it,even if I cant claim credit for writing it and its about test cricket but still works for ODI :)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out,
and when he's out he comes in,
and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in, and the side that's been in goes out,and tries to get out those coming in.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out,

including the not outs, the winner is declared.....if there is one!

Howzat!

That's clearer than Google was for sure thank you

Crybaby

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:07 - Jun 6 with 2452 viewsSpruceMoose

Start by making the teas and go from there, sugartits.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 0:08]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:53 - Jun 6 with 2415 viewswkj

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:07 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Start by making the teas and go from there, sugartits.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 0:08]

Thank Riggs. Im getting to old for this shıt

Crybaby

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:57 - Jun 6 with 2411 viewsSpruceMoose

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:53 - Jun 6 by wkj

Thank Riggs. Im getting to old for this shıt

U wot m8?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 01:01 - Jun 6 with 2403 viewswkj

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 00:57 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

U wot m8?

Every time I see that picture I am convinced the fag is photoshoped. How can it be so level, its not even 2% skew
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 1:03]

Crybaby

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 01:02 - Jun 6 with 2400 viewsSpruceMoose

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 01:01 - Jun 6 by wkj

Every time I see that picture I am convinced the fag is photoshoped. How can it be so level, its not even 2% skew
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 1:03]

Experienced alcoholics develop certain skills that mere mortals have no need or desire for.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 1:08]

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 05:57 - Jun 6 with 2318 viewscaught-in-limbo

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:39 - Jun 5 by wkj

Behave. Asking people that know about the rules as a novice and outside is pretty much common practice

Fair do's.

Then this world cup is a perfect place to start.

If you can't watch it on TV find online summaries: Cricinfo.com and youtube are great places to start.

Good luck.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 06:17 - Jun 6 with 2304 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:27 - Jun 5 by wellsy700

And the strip in the middle of the pitch where the main action takes place. And another name given to the stumps

Yep, I can see why this can be confusing!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 09:51 - Jun 6 with 2127 viewsBiGDonnie

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 21:27 - Jun 5 by wellsy700

LOL, batsmen.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 10:00 - Jun 6 with 2119 viewsElephantintheRoom

There is only one way to get into cricket and that is to watch a test match between England and Australia. And even then, nowadays, you have to wait until about the fourth match in the series when the visiting team will have begun to be acclimatized to the conditions - and hope there is still something to play for. Cricket is a long-lasting, tense and attritional battle between bat and ball where a draw can be a highly satisfactory result after five highly competitive days' play.

There is silly one day competition going on at the moment - bashing 50 overs to the boundary. It isn't really cricket, nor is a version of rounders called 20:20 which is the same, only dafter.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

thumbs up on 10:44 - Jun 6 with 2076 viewsDyland

A year ago I asked about how to get into cricket on 10:00 - Jun 6 by ElephantintheRoom

There is only one way to get into cricket and that is to watch a test match between England and Australia. And even then, nowadays, you have to wait until about the fourth match in the series when the visiting team will have begun to be acclimatized to the conditions - and hope there is still something to play for. Cricket is a long-lasting, tense and attritional battle between bat and ball where a draw can be a highly satisfactory result after five highly competitive days' play.

There is silly one day competition going on at the moment - bashing 50 overs to the boundary. It isn't really cricket, nor is a version of rounders called 20:20 which is the same, only dafter.

except for the five day comment. Test matches rarely last five days any more unless at least one is a washout.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024