Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World number 413 wins a ATP tour match 07:29 - Sep 25 with 3414 viewsStokieBlue

Great stuff to be playing at any sort of level after having such a major operation that nobody has ever come back from.

Murray beat the world number 61 yesterday, next up a guy ranked 31 which will be tough. Still very impressive progress given he's got a metal hip.

Good luck to him, he's been brilliant for the game generally and in Britain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/49814809

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:21 - Oct 1 with 3016 viewsStokieBlue

Impressive performance today, he's beaten the world number 13 in two sets.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/01/andy-murray-sets-british-clash-beijing-biggest-wi

SB
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 8:27]

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:04 - Oct 1 with 2951 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:21 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

Impressive performance today, he's beaten the world number 13 in two sets.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/01/andy-murray-sets-british-clash-beijing-biggest-wi

SB
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 8:27]

Properly impressive - plays Cam Norrie next, so has a good chance to make it to the Quarters... although we're yet to see him be able to back up 2 good performances in a row.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:08 - Oct 1 with 2939 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:04 - Oct 1 by SaleAway

Properly impressive - plays Cam Norrie next, so has a good chance to make it to the Quarters... although we're yet to see him be able to back up 2 good performances in a row.

Early days but Berrittini is the 8th best player in the world this year and the US Open semifinalist. As you say, stamina likely isn't there yet but thus far he's doing better than expected I think.

Must be annoying to get drawn against the world number 400+ in the first round and it's Andy Murray.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 2935 viewsMeadowlark

I hate tennis.
I particularly dislike the fist-clenching self-congratulation after every point.
World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:23 - Oct 1 with 2920 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:09 - Oct 1 by Meadowlark

I hate tennis.
I particularly dislike the fist-clenching self-congratulation after every point.

Did you give yourself a self-congratulating fist-clench for that rather pointless post?

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:02 - Oct 2 with 2828 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:04 - Oct 1 by SaleAway

Won the 1st set, now in a tie break in the 2nd - not sure he has the legs for a 3rd if he loses this though.

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:24 - Oct 2 with 2814 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:02 - Oct 2 by SaleAway

Won the 1st set, now in a tie break in the 2nd - not sure he has the legs for a 3rd if he loses this though.

Shows what I know... now smashing it at 4-0 up in the 3rd

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:36 - Oct 2 with 2806 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:24 - Oct 2 by SaleAway

Shows what I know... now smashing it at 4-0 up in the 3rd

Battered Norrie 6-1 in the third. Very impressive stuff. He moved clear once his first serve percentage increased in the 3rd.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:41 - Oct 2 with 2797 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:36 - Oct 2 by StokieBlue

Battered Norrie 6-1 in the third. Very impressive stuff. He moved clear once his first serve percentage increased in the 3rd.

SB

that and the fact he started taking his break point opportunities... ( 1/8 in set 2)

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:44 - Oct 4 with 2690 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:41 - Oct 2 by SaleAway

that and the fact he started taking his break point opportunities... ( 1/8 in set 2)

As was probably to be expected, struggled in the first against World no 5 Thiem, but has improved in the 2nd set....

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 2668 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:44 - Oct 4 by SaleAway

As was probably to be expected, struggled in the first against World no 5 Thiem, but has improved in the 2nd set....

That's a very good display at this stage of his comeback though and he's getting through a few rounds on the main tour.

It's impressive and hopefully he can push on. If not then what he has already achieved is great.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:09 - Oct 7 with 2568 viewsStokieBlue

For anyone interested and with Amazon Prime - the Murray match in Shanghai is on live at the moment.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:18 - Oct 7 with 2549 viewsbluewein

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:09 - Oct 1 by Meadowlark

I hate tennis.

Who else are they supposed to congratulate...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:38 - Oct 7 with 2524 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:09 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

For anyone interested and with Amazon Prime - the Murray match in Shanghai is on live at the moment.

SB

Londero is absolutely on fire at the moment.... hitting lines all over the place.

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:55 - Oct 7 with 2500 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:38 - Oct 7 by SaleAway

Londero is absolutely on fire at the moment.... hitting lines all over the place.

Jinxed him beautifully there.... immediately surrendered a break :-)

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:42 - Oct 7 with 2457 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 12:09 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

SB

This match is epic - some amazing winners from both...

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:45 - Oct 7 with 2455 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:42 - Oct 7 by SaleAway

I'm only listening and occasionally looking but seems a decent game - Murray giving good against another top 60 player as well.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:59 - Oct 7 with 2447 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:42 - Oct 7 by SaleAway

Another top 60 player beaten.

Still a long way to go but still impressive stuff.

SB

Edit: Meltdown from Londero at the end there!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 13:59]

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 14:36 - Oct 8 with 2350 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 13:59 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

Another top 60 player beaten.

Still a long way to go but still impressive stuff.

SB

Edit: Meltdown from Londero at the end there!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 13:59]

pushing Fognini all the way as well today - 2.5 hours in and on serve in the final set...

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 15:12 - Oct 8 with 2327 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 14:36 - Oct 8 by SaleAway

pushing Fognini all the way as well today - 2.5 hours in and on serve in the final set...

He should have won that match.

Had 2 chances to serve it out but pretty awful stuff from Fognini - Murray looked like he wanted to lamp him.

Given he was world number 10 though it's impressive, especially when coupled with beating the world number 12 last week.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 15:13]

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 15:15 - Oct 8 with 2317 viewsSaleAway

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 15:12 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

He should have won that match.

Had 2 chances to serve it out but pretty awful stuff from Fognini - Murray looked like he wanted to lamp him.

Given he was world number 10 though it's impressive, especially when coupled with beating the world number 12 last week.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 15:13]

yeah, massively frustrating to not close that out.... think he let Fognini distract him, but also Fognini's level in the last game and the tie-break was immense - just unleashed on everything and it pretty much all came off.

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 2121 viewsStokieBlue

Incredibly he's now won an ATP tour event beating Warwinka in the final in only his 17th match. He's the lowest ranked player (by a distance) to win one although the ranking is looking rather fake at the moment.

Brilliant achievement.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:05 - Oct 21 with 2031 viewsitfcjoe

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 22:10 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Incredibly he's now won an ATP tour event beating Warwinka in the final in only his 17th match. He's the lowest ranked player (by a distance) to win one although the ranking is looking rather fake at the moment.

Brilliant achievement.

SB

What is his ranking currently, sounds like he'll be back in the top 20 or so before very long and then push on from there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:44 - Oct 21 with 1984 viewsStokieBlue

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 08:05 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

What is his ranking currently, sounds like he'll be back in the top 20 or so before very long and then push on from there

It was 243 at the start of the tournament I believe but given he's beaten 4 or 5 players in the top 20 now in those 17 matches he is probably pushing top 20 already in realistic terms. Annoying for those players ranked 10-32 who usually get an easier draw of an unseeded player at the start of tournaments - must be demoralising to see you've drawn Murray.

His actual rating will be something like 150 I think after winning the tournament.

SB

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 10:53 - Oct 21 with 1956 viewsHerbivore

World number 413 wins a ATP tour match on 09:44 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

It was 243 at the start of the tournament I believe but given he's beaten 4 or 5 players in the top 20 now in those 17 matches he is probably pushing top 20 already in realistic terms. Annoying for those players ranked 10-32 who usually get an easier draw of an unseeded player at the start of tournaments - must be demoralising to see you've drawn Murray.

His actual rating will be something like 150 I think after winning the tournament.

SB

I think I read that he'll have a protected ranking for the Australian Open so he might be seeded there?

It's pretty staggering what he's doing at the moment and who knows what he might achieve with another few months of practice and training.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024