Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart 23:34 - Jan 25 with 4524 viewsArnieM

Saw him in Millwalls cup game today , and I’m really not impressed with him. Same old faults for me.

Even though Holy isn’t in our side right now ( only PL knows why ), I’d have him in ahead of Bart, any day. My only major gripe is that we didn’t cash in when his stock was higher .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart on 23:39 - Jan 25 with 4244 viewsjeera

I don't quite understand the situation there as it goes.

To let your No.1 goalie go out on loan, you may as well sell him.

I can't remember what happened - did we just miss the deadline?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bart on 23:46 - Jan 25 with 4201 viewsArnieM

Bart on 23:39 - Jan 25 by jeera

We let him go out primarily because we can’t afford the ridiculous wages the Club agreed to pay him, once we were relegated. Part of me now wonders if we are stalling on selling him until the summer , as we contemplate our promotion chances and the need to keep him ( which I frankly hope we don’t ).

Bart on 23:50 - Jan 25 with 4185 viewsagentp

Bart on 23:46 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

We let him go out primarily because we can’t afford the ridiculous wages the Club agreed to pay him, once we were relegated. Part of me now wonders if we are stalling on selling him until the summer , as we contemplate our promotion chances and the need to keep him ( which I frankly hope we don’t ).

He failed a medical. That left us in a situation of having to pay his championship wages in L1 or loan him to them to recover his wages and allow him to prove his fitness.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bart on 00:25 - Jan 26 with 4098 viewsGeoffSentence

Bart on 23:50 - Jan 25 by agentp

He failed a medical. That left us in a situation of having to pay his championship wages in L1 or loan him to them to recover his wages and allow him to prove his fitness.

Millwall pulled a fast one. They failed his medical on a 13 year old injury that has not plagued him one jot since then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bart on 07:56 - Jan 26 with 3747 viewsSchancheITFC

Bart on 23:50 - Jan 25 by agentp

All the first team players had a dramatic pay cut when Town were relegated
Bart on 08:52 - Jan 26 with 3569 viewsChrisd

I didn't see the game, but if we are basing that on the two goals Sheffield United scored think that's extremely harsh, both goals were terrific strikes. When you have an unfashionable club like Millwall currently 8th in the Championship and having only conceded 32 goals in 28 games, there's no doubt Bart is part of that success.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 8:57]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bart on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 3417 viewsTractorCam

You'd rather have our league 1 sub keeper over the 3 time player of the season?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bart on 10:08 - Jan 26 with 3396 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bart on 23:39 - Jan 25 by jeera

We agreed a sale for £1m to be fair.

Bart's Millwall Move Off 25th Jun 2019 12:46
Town keeper Bartosz Bialkowski’s move to Millwall is off due to a complication relating to the Polish international’s medical. 47

Failed medical will have blighted our chances of finding another buyer, loan was probably the only option at the time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Bart on 10:19 - Jan 26 with 3357 viewsRadlett_blue

Bart on 00:25 - Jan 26 by GeoffSentence

Millwall pulled a fast one. They failed his medical on a 13 year old injury that has not plagued him one jot since then.

Our decision not to recall Bart & force a sale was odd as that means that only Millwall can buy him in January. However, maybe Bart wouldn't have fancied a move away from the south-east. Perhaps we prefer him to stay on loan & then we can re-assess in the summer, when we can keep him or sell him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bart on 10:27 - Jan 26 with 3329 viewsWickets

Bart on 07:56 - Jan 26 by SchancheITFC

All the first team players had a dramatic pay cut when Town were relegated

Thats a well know fact but not sure Bart was prepared to sign a new contract with a large relegation clause and there by hung the problem the club had, we had to get him off the wage bill !
Bart on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 3287 viewsBlueastheycome

Bart on 23:46 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

Wouldn’t we all been moaning if at the time, we didn’t give him a new contract on a good whack when (at the time) he was our best player?
Bart on 11:04 - Jan 26 with 3233 viewsArnieM

Bart on 10:47 - Jan 26 by Blueastheycome

Wouldn’t we all been moaning if at the time, we didn’t give him a new contract on a good whack when (at the time) he was our best player?

I th8nk that was more a reflection on how poor the rest of the team were ( at the time).
As for the x3 POTY awards. Bart had an excellent first season for us, and deservedly won the award that season. As for the other two , I think fans got carried away and Bart enjoyed the “ halo effect” , because I would argue Lawrence and Waghorn were actually the better players in those two other seasons.
I wish Bart al the best in his Millwall career. But I definitely wouldn’t want him back at Town. He’s much overrated in my humble opinion.

Bart on 11:09 - Jan 26 with 3207 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Judging him off one game you have watched seems pretty mental.

Millwall fans love him and are desperate for him to stay. 7 clean sheets and his team is 8th in the league. Plus he has made some ridiculous saves this season. By all accounts he has been very good and to pick him over a goalkeeper who can’t even get in to our team in league one is ridiculous.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bart on 11:19 - Jan 26 with 3177 viewsHipsterectomy

Bart was only loaned there as a sub keeper initially I think. Their first choice keeper injured himself withint minutes of the first game of the season

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bart on 11:29 - Jan 26 with 3155 viewsWickets

Bart on 11:04 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

I th8nk that was more a reflection on how poor the rest of the team were ( at the time).
As for the x3 POTY awards. Bart had an excellent first season for us, and deservedly won the award that season. As for the other two , I think fans got carried away and Bart enjoyed the “ halo effect” , because I would argue Lawrence and Waghorn were actually the better players in those two other seasons.
I wish Bart al the best in his Millwall career. But I definitely wouldn’t want him back at Town. He’s much overrated in my humble opinion.

I agree great on his line but brittle confidence and judging when to come for crosses or long balls often poor . IMO .
Bart on 22:35 - Jan 26 with 2878 viewsitfcbam

Bart is a great instinctive shot stopper but isnt a commanding keeper and decision making is suspect at times. Yes he was a very decent keeper and fans favourite but sorry isnt anywhere near the best keeper ever at town, like many think. Example is no one has mentioned Norris-'s brilliant tip over yesterday at 0-0 yet if was Bart we would be talking for weeks.
Bart on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 2862 viewsWickets

Bart on 22:35 - Jan 26 by itfcbam

Bart is a great instinctive shot stopper but isnt a commanding keeper and decision making is suspect at times. Yes he was a very decent keeper and fans favourite but sorry isnt anywhere near the best keeper ever at town, like many think. Example is no one has mentioned Norris-'s brilliant tip over yesterday at 0-0 yet if was Bart we would be talking for weeks.

Decent save but nothing more for me too central and was on its way over anyway but yes he had to make sure .
Bart on 22:43 - Jan 26 with 2850 viewshaynes_toe1

Bart is a considerable grade above our current goalkeeping options.

Hence he is playing in the top half of the championship with a side who are desperate to keep him.
Bart on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 2637 viewsArnieM

Bart on 22:35 - Jan 26 by itfcbam

Yes we’ve had several keepers who were far better tbh. Problem is anyone under 30yrs is not really going to appreciate that.

I wish Bart well, but I’m not phased by his departure tbh.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 10:01]

Bart on 10:06 - Jan 27 with 2613 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bart on 10:00 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Yes we’ve had several keepers who were far better tbh. Problem is anyone under 30yrs is not really going to appreciate that.

Agree. I've never been a massive fan but appreciate others are so I'm clearly in the minority on here at least.
Bart on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 2606 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bart on 10:47 - Jan 26 by Blueastheycome

I would definitely have sold him that Summer given his age.
Bart on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 2582 viewsitfcjoe

Bart is a top end Championship keeper, but like all 2nd tier keepers has his limitations.

He's better than both Norris and Holy though, and that's why he is starring in the 2nd tier at the moment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bart on 10:16 - Jan 27 with 2565 viewsIpswichKnight

Bart on 10:12 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Bart is a top end Championship keeper, but like all 2nd tier keepers has his limitations.

He's better than both Norris and Holy though, and that's why he is starring in the 2nd tier at the moment

Though I agree with that, I strangely feel more confident in our current keepers.
Bart on 10:16 - Jan 27 with 2562 viewsPJH

Bart on 10:00 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

I am far from being under 30 but I think that the pre Hurst Bart was one of the better ITFC keepers in my about 60 years of following the club.
The Bart from last season certainly was not but for about two and a half seasons before that he was a pretty good keeper.

I always find it difficult to select a keeper for my all time ITFC team but if Bart had continued to play for us as he had been before Hurst arrived then that problem might have been solved for me.
Bart on 11:11 - Jan 27 with 2471 viewsWickets

For me i thought the most telling comment regards Bart came from Mick McCarthy while he was Barts manager here .Tend to remember him saying something like if you want a keeper to keep the ball out of the net Bart is as good as any at it . I took that to mean he's a great shot stopper but their are limitations to his game ! Just my opinion .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024