Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever been in this position before 08:58 - Jan 29 with 2361 viewsCoco

Where we could really invest to secure promotion but lacked foresight and ambition?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Have we ever been in this position before on 08:59 - Jan 29 with 1954 viewshomer_123

No, no I don't think we have.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If we could only acquire one player, on 09:07 - Jan 29 with 1914 viewsGuthrum

for which position would you bring someone in?

For me, the problem looks more one of overall confidence (failure to shoot, reverting to hoofball) rather than a particular piece missing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:22 - Jan 29 with 1852 viewsHerbivore

We don't need strengthening. The squad is plenty good enough to get out of this league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If we could only acquire one player, on 09:22 - Jan 29 with 1853 viewsBluefish

If we could only acquire one player, on 09:07 - Jan 29 by Guthrum

for which position would you bring someone in?

For me, the problem looks more one of overall confidence (failure to shoot, reverting to hoofball) rather than a particular piece missing.

Right wing back on loan. Possibly a forward that is good in the air. We shouldn't really be buying many now though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:28 - Jan 29 with 1813 viewsskyblue23

The squad does need strengthening. We're in league 1 and look like we're going to struggle to make it out of league 1 by our lack of beating teams in and around our position in the table. We aren't Manchester City or Liverpool and nor do I expect us to be aiming to be them, but we can always strengthen in any position as we're a league 1 side.

I don't believe we have the best player in the league of any position. We also don't have the money to afford the best players in League 1. We have decent players for this level but people seem to think we should walk this league without bringing anybody in to help us along the way.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:29 - Jan 29 with 1809 viewsBluefish

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:28 - Jan 29 by skyblue23

The squad does need strengthening. We're in league 1 and look like we're going to struggle to make it out of league 1 by our lack of beating teams in and around our position in the table. We aren't Manchester City or Liverpool and nor do I expect us to be aiming to be them, but we can always strengthen in any position as we're a league 1 side.

I don't believe we have the best player in the league of any position. We also don't have the money to afford the best players in League 1. We have decent players for this level but people seem to think we should walk this league without bringing anybody in to help us along the way.

We do, you are just being flouncey

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:30 - Jan 29 with 1800 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:29 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Tell me which player is better than any other player in the league in there position?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:32 - Jan 29 with 1783 viewsHerbivore

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:30 - Jan 29 by skyblue23

Tell me which player is better than any other player in the league in there position?

Downes for a start.

Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 1783 viewsStadiumofdark

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:22 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

We don't need strengthening. The squad is plenty good enough to get out of this league.

Maybe a decent assistant manager, or someone with tactical nous on loan ;-)

It was clear it wasn't working last night, but we kept doing the same stuff.

And it was cold
Have we ever been in this position before on 09:34 - Jan 29 with 1780 viewsBluefish

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:32 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Downes for a start.

Vincent young, Garbutt and even Chambers could be considered as could Bishop and Huws. It doesn't really work as a question but we have the best squad in this league

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:34 - Jan 29 with 1779 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:32 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Downes for a start.

Our best player this season yes. Getting a lot of interest due to the age and how well he has played, best in the division I'm not so sure. Crooks for a start for Rotherham has looked a brilliant player not just in the games against us but for the season as a whole.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:34 - Jan 29 with 1778 viewsagravenor

Huws, Downes, Garbutt, Woolf
Have we ever been in this position before on 09:36 - Jan 29 with 1767 viewsHerbivore

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:34 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Vincent young, Garbutt and even Chambers could be considered as could Bishop and Huws. It doesn't really work as a question but we have the best squad in this league

Woolfy is up there too. Only a handful of players in the league have contributed to more goals than Jackson has this season. It's a nonsense to suggest we don't have quality in the squad.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:38 - Jan 29 with 1766 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:34 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Vincent young could be, but ultimately hasn't played enough to make that judgement, same with Bishop. Huws has been hit or miss for the few games he's played so far, if he can do it every week against teams in the top half of the table then I'd agree but so far he hasn't. Chambers I love for the captain he is, but best centre back in the league.. not for me.

Garbutt I'll agree, so that's one.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 1754 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:36 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Woolfy is up there too. Only a handful of players in the league have contributed to more goals than Jackson has this season. It's a nonsense to suggest we don't have quality in the squad.

I'm not saying we don't have quality. We do have quality. But to suggest that we don't need to strengthen when we're a league 1 side who haven't beat a team inside the current top 9 isn't true. Obviously we need to strengthen otherwise we'd be walking over everybody else.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 1742 viewsHerbivore

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:38 - Jan 29 by skyblue23

Vincent young could be, but ultimately hasn't played enough to make that judgement, same with Bishop. Huws has been hit or miss for the few games he's played so far, if he can do it every week against teams in the top half of the table then I'd agree but so far he hasn't. Chambers I love for the captain he is, but best centre back in the league.. not for me.

Garbutt I'll agree, so that's one.

People have named half a starting XI of players who could be considered the best or at least one of the best in their position. Tell me again how we don't have the required quality.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:45 - Jan 29 with 1732 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:42 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

People have named half a starting XI of players who could be considered the best or at least one of the best in their position. Tell me again how we don't have the required quality.

As I've already said, we do have quality. If you could point out where I've said we don't have quality I'd take your point. I've said all along that we can be strengthened. Naming 4 or 5 players who have quality when half of them have only just come back from injury doesn't mean we can't strengthen the team.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:49 - Jan 29 with 1715 viewsHerbivore

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:45 - Jan 29 by skyblue23

As I've already said, we do have quality. If you could point out where I've said we don't have quality I'd take your point. I've said all along that we can be strengthened. Naming 4 or 5 players who have quality when half of them have only just come back from injury doesn't mean we can't strengthen the team.

You said we have decent players for this level and need strengthening. People have pointed out we have probably the strongest squad in the league player for player, naming several who are candidates for being the best in their position. Trying to bring in someone who will improve our squad won't be easy and for many it's not that necessary given the players we have at our disposal.

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:53 - Jan 29 with 1704 viewsr2d2

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:29 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

We dont. Pretty average most of them to be honest.
Have we ever been in this position before on 09:57 - Jan 29 with 1694 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:49 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

You said we have decent players for this level and need strengthening. People have pointed out we have probably the strongest squad in the league player for player, naming several who are candidates for being the best in their position. Trying to bring in someone who will improve our squad won't be easy and for many it's not that necessary given the players we have at our disposal.

I pointed out in my original comment that we don't have the money to buy the best players in our league to strengthen. The whole point in my original comment that you keep missing is saying we don't need to strengthen isn't true. Whether we can strengthen is a different issue.

I've never said we don't have a good squad or quality. I've said we do need to strengthen. People are talking as if we're the best team in this league and we should walk through teams week in week out. We can straighten all over the pitch, we're a league 1 side.

If we could only acquire one player, on 10:01 - Jan 29 with 1677 viewsGuthrum

If we could only acquire one player, on 09:22 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Right wing back on loan. Possibly a forward that is good in the air. We shouldn't really be buying many now though

Agree on RWB, given Vincent-Young will be out for some time yet. Regarding the forward, we should just concentrate upon not putting the ball in the air so often. We were getting better in that area over the preceding few games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have we ever been in this position before on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 1572 viewsOxford_Blue

Our squad is good enough to get promoted and we don’t need more players to add to it.

History shows that spending money here does not produce good results.
Have we ever been in this position before on 11:02 - Jan 29 with 1549 viewsBlueBadger

Well, this point went well for you..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have we ever been in this position before on 11:04 - Jan 29 with 1543 viewsHerbivore

Have we ever been in this position before on 09:57 - Jan 29 by skyblue23

I pointed out in my original comment that we don't have the money to buy the best players in our league to strengthen. The whole point in my original comment that you keep missing is saying we don't need to strengthen isn't true. Whether we can strengthen is a different issue.

I've never said we don't have a good squad or quality. I've said we do need to strengthen. People are talking as if we're the best team in this league and we should walk through teams week in week out. We can straighten all over the pitch, we're a league 1 side.

So you're point is that we could, in theory, add better players to our squad? I'm in awe.

Have we ever been in this position before on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 1520 viewsskyblue23

Have we ever been in this position before on 11:04 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

So you're point is that we could, in theory, add better players to our squad? I'm in awe.

My point is that you believe we don't need to strengthen our squad, when clearly we do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024