Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich 19:07 - Feb 1 with 2659 viewscarlisleaway

Peterborough with crowds half the size of Ipswich still have a chairman willing to back his manager picking up hungry lower league players while ME seems happy to stay in the 1st Division. Just shows how poor our scouting system is at the moment.
Look at the number of shots on target compared to Ipswich, they were more hungry, had more pace, passion and creativity
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:09 - Feb 1 with 2635 viewspointofblue

For all reinvestment this is Peterborough’s seventh season at this level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:12 - Feb 1 with 2592 viewsRyorry

ME knowing diddly squat about football, never mind running a club, has always been the main problem for me. Yes we could do with more investment, to put it mildly, but lack of ££ for spending on players can be at least partly overcome by a good scouting system.

*Edited for clarity
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 19:27]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:27 - Feb 1 with 2504 viewsAlanG296

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:12 - Feb 1 by Ryorry

ME knowing diddly squat about football, never mind running a club, has always been the main problem for me. Yes we could do with more investment, to put it mildly, but lack of ££ for spending on players can be at least partly overcome by a good scouting system.

*Edited for clarity
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 19:27]

Could always do with more investment but the way Lambert is underachieving with an extremely competitive budget for this division, would you trust him to use it wisely?
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:30 - Feb 1 with 2487 viewsMrTown

Our scouting system is tinpot, just another factor to the club.

Szmodics, Kent, Senior, KVY all 10 minutes up the road - It can be summed up by the KVY situation, had him on trial, didn't sign, waited 12 months and signed him for half a million.

They have another special kid there at the moment called Kwame Poku, that's another one for the future.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:33 - Feb 1 with 2464 viewsRyorry

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:27 - Feb 1 by AlanG296

Could always do with more investment but the way Lambert is underachieving with an extremely competitive budget for this division, would you trust him to use it wisely?

Well, I said I'd give him this window before criticising him too much, but must say I'm incredibly disappointed now it's shut. Don't know how much the lack of new players in is down to him though, and how much down to other factors - haven't had time to read up on it. I've said before tho that I think he needs a new assistant.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:37 - Feb 1 with 2432 viewsITFCBlues

We picked up "hungry" lower league players last season, look how that ended

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:44 - Feb 1 with 2392 viewsdavblue

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:37 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

They weren't the best players in the league in their positions.
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:44 - Feb 1 with 2141 viewsgordon

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:37 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

I think the idea of this post is that we might have a team of scouts constantly monitoring the progress of lots of young players, discussing with the manager and director of football the kinds of player we want at the club etc., and when we sell someone, we have a really good long-term plan in place for how to reinvest the money.

I don't think that's quite what happened last year.
Login to get fewer ads

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:53 - Feb 1 with 2106 viewsZacak

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 19:30 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Our scouting system is tinpot, just another factor to the club.

Szmodics, Kent, Senior, KVY all 10 minutes up the road - It can be summed up by the KVY situation, had him on trial, didn't sign, waited 12 months and signed him for half a million.

They have another special kid there at the moment called Kwame Poku, that's another one for the future.

You can't blame KYV on scouting if we had him on trial. Apparently Darragh McAnthony finds their players based on local reports and who regularly gets high rating in press reports. He then sends scouts to watch them. Very simple really
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:58 - Feb 1 with 2081 viewsStNeotsBlue

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:53 - Feb 1 by Zacak

You can't blame KYV on scouting if we had him on trial. Apparently Darragh McAnthony finds their players based on local reports and who regularly gets high rating in press reports. He then sends scouts to watch them. Very simple really

Think Barry Fry has to take a bit of credit for their scouting, any decent level non league player within about 100 miles of Bedford will be on his radar.
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 2062 viewsZacak

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:58 - Feb 1 by StNeotsBlue

Think Barry Fry has to take a bit of credit for their scouting, any decent level non league player within about 100 miles of Bedford will be on his radar.

Posh fan told me it's all DM
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:07 - Feb 1 with 2025 viewsmonty_radio

Maddison, Dembele and even Toney had no extended impact elsewhere before Peterborough picked them up. Coaching seems to be involved.

We've achieved something with Woolfenden and Downes (though in both cases sucessful loans seemed to really kick-start them) but we've had many more who seemed to promise much who then failed to kick on. It's in the nature of those things, I know, but still, coaching and strategy have been wanting here for many a year (N.B. a "thou shalt not pass" of fairly recent vintage does not count as a strategy for rounded player development).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:08 - Feb 1 with 2014 viewsITFCBlues

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 21:53 - Feb 1 by Zacak

I'm surprised people don't adopt the scouting model that Brentford use. Don't they sign players litreally based on stats using a scouting system? Making them millions. Whilst having a solid chance of promotion

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:11 - Feb 1 with 1981 viewsoneoffposter

Has the scouting changed much since big mick, not so sure and we found some gems then, The lower League players from 2 summers ago were Hurst’s boys who he had worked with or against. Think a lot of the scouting is done on U23 prem teams. For me the 2 best players the club has brought in since micks days are Chalobah and Garbutt I’m guessing players the manager was recommended By said scouts
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:12 - Feb 1 with 1978 viewsArnieM

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:01 - Feb 1 by Zacak

Maybe Town should be after DM

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:12 - Feb 1 with 1977 viewsZacak

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:08 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

I'm surprised people don't adopt the scouting model that Brentford use. Don't they sign players litreally based on stats using a scouting system? Making them millions. Whilst having a solid chance of promotion

Yes they do. That's why Warburton left. Based on the theory derived in Baseball. Watch the film Moneyball. Really interesting!!
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:15 - Feb 1 with 1967 viewsPlums

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:08 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

They don’t have an academy, they pick up the cast offs of others. It’s an interesting approach.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:16 - Feb 1 with 1957 viewsStNeotsBlue

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:01 - Feb 1 by Zacak

DM signs the cheques and whilst he is a hands on chairman Barry Fry does the legwork.
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 1937 viewshowdonblue

True their chairman like him or not backs his managers with the best he can !
Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:20 - Feb 1 with 1925 viewsITFCBlues

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:15 - Feb 1 by Plums

They don’t have an academy, they pick up the cast offs of others. It’s an interesting approach.

Not sure any of their players are cast offs? They're signing players for 5 or 6m from the French league amongst others.

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 1889 viewsPlums

Comparing the scouting system of Peterborough and Ipswich on 22:20 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

Not sure any of their players are cast offs? They're signing players for 5 or 6m from the French league amongst others.

Sorry, what I meant was that’s where they look for young players - plenty of clubs around them are moving good players on every year. Brentford don’t waste their time bringing them through themselves.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024