Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good video from a good chairman... 19:35 - Feb 4 with 3355 viewsSitfcB

...a good insight.

Oh and Marcus Maddison is a complete w@ker it seems.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A good video from a good chairman... on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 3167 viewsBent_double

Wow, brutally honest. I know a lot of people don't have time for DM, but he knows what he wants and how to run a football club, well a L1 club anyway.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

A good video from a good chairman... on 21:26 - Feb 4 with 3040 viewsstrikalite

Switched on bloke isn't he, how different do you think things would be if he was here? He knows a player you see, his enthusiasm speaks volumes..
A good video from a good chairman... on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 2900 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 21:04 - Feb 4 by Bent_double

Wow, brutally honest. I know a lot of people don't have time for DM, but he knows what he wants and how to run a football club, well a L1 club anyway.

I suppose there are a few ways of looking at it. He was saying a short while ago that Maddison was going nowhere for less than x million and he ends up on loan for a few hundred k.
A good video from a good chairman... on 22:39 - Feb 4 with 2865 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A good video from a good chairman... on 22:32 - Feb 4 by PrideOfTheEast

I suppose there are a few ways of looking at it. He was saying a short while ago that Maddison was going nowhere for less than x million and he ends up on loan for a few hundred k.

Mouthy so-and-so. Reminds me of when the Oystons were being held up as the great example of how to run a club.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A good video from a good chairman... on 22:47 - Feb 4 with 2837 viewsReuser_is_God

A good video from a good chairman... on 22:32 - Feb 4 by PrideOfTheEast

To be fair he did almost get £2m for a player with 5 months left on his contract, not really his fault the player rejected the move.

The difference is they had already suitably replaced him with Szmodics. If we sell a player we replace them with someone not even half as good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A good video from a good chairman... on 07:02 - Feb 5 with 2652 viewsChrisd

He's a bit like marmite, you either like him or hate him. I don't dislike him, reminds me of Simon Jordan when he was at Crystal Palace. Speaks his mind, doesn't take any crap, passionate about his club, works to a plan and you get the sense he wants to do right for the Posh. The polar opposite of what we have as an owner.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:04 - Feb 5 with 2568 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 22:47 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

To be fair he did almost get £2m for a player with 5 months left on his contract, not really his fault the player rejected the move.

The difference is they had already suitably replaced him with Szmodics. If we sell a player we replace them with someone not even half as good.

But surely to get to a point where a player purportedly worth millions has 6 months left on his contract isn’t great. The player will then always dictate proceedings and will naturally hold out for a shed load more money that he’ll inevitably get closer to if there’s no loan or transfer fee.

I quite like the bloke and him and Fry clearly work well together. Personally wouldn’t want somebody quite so transparent as a custodian of ITFC but each to their own.
A good video from a good chairman... on 08:24 - Feb 5 with 2523 viewsportmanking

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:04 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

But surely to get to a point where a player purportedly worth millions has 6 months left on his contract isn’t great. The player will then always dictate proceedings and will naturally hold out for a shed load more money that he’ll inevitably get closer to if there’s no loan or transfer fee.

I quite like the bloke and him and Fry clearly work well together. Personally wouldn’t want somebody quite so transparent as a custodian of ITFC but each to their own.

I sure as hell would rather have Darragh as a custodian/mouthpiece than someone like Evans whose mouth we've only heard LITERALLY once!!

What a refreshingly open video.
Login to get fewer ads

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:34 - Feb 5 with 2485 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:24 - Feb 5 by portmanking

I sure as hell would rather have Darragh as a custodian/mouthpiece than someone like Evans whose mouth we've only heard LITERALLY once!!

What a refreshingly open video.

I’m sure you’re not alone!
A good video from a good chairman... on 08:39 - Feb 5 with 2466 viewsChrisd

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:04 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Having said all that, he still gets the money in through the door, normally for a huge mark up. Look at the recent transfer saga with Millwall regarding Bart, just laughable. Would DM allow that to happen at Peterborough? I very much doubt it. Standard for us though.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 8:40]

A good video from a good chairman... on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 2352 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 08:39 - Feb 5 by Chrisd

Having said all that, he still gets the money in through the door, normally for a huge mark up. Look at the recent transfer saga with Millwall regarding Bart, just laughable. Would DM allow that to happen at Peterborough? I very much doubt it. Standard for us though.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 8:40]

Allow what to happen? To sell a 33 year old goalkeeper with 18 months (?) on his contract for something in the region of £900k. Yep I think he would have done. In fact, that's as good as what happened with Maddison albeit Marcus got more money for an ageing player.

In reality, Darragh M would probably have sold Bart a lot earlier.
A good video from a good chairman... on 10:52 - Feb 5 with 2305 viewsChrisd

A good video from a good chairman... on 10:16 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Allow what to happen? To sell a 33 year old goalkeeper with 18 months (?) on his contract for something in the region of £900k. Yep I think he would have done. In fact, that's as good as what happened with Maddison albeit Marcus got more money for an ageing player.

In reality, Darragh M would probably have sold Bart a lot earlier.

Yes, for a huge mark up! What I like about DM is he stands his ground. If you want our player it will cost 'X' amount mentality, unless he wants him out the door like Maddison. Bart it appears is having a great season at Millwall (sorry, I don't follow them particularly closely and base this on the goals they have conceded and where they are in the league), but it seems we have sold him for an up-front fee less than the £900,000 as reported with add ons as top ups! Yet again, we sell our better players for significantly less than their market value and are bent over a barrel. No, DM wouldn't do that!

A good video from a good chairman... on 12:10 - Feb 5 with 2193 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 10:52 - Feb 5 by Chrisd

Yes, for a huge mark up! What I like about DM is he stands his ground. If you want our player it will cost 'X' amount mentality, unless he wants him out the door like Maddison. Bart it appears is having a great season at Millwall (sorry, I don't follow them particularly closely and base this on the goals they have conceded and where they are in the league), but it seems we have sold him for an up-front fee less than the £900,000 as reported with add ons as top ups! Yet again, we sell our better players for significantly less than their market value and are bent over a barrel. No, DM wouldn't do that!

I don't think we sold him for "significantly" less than his MV assuming we get something like £900k. He's 33 this year. Out of interest, have any goalkeepers in their 33rd year, who've only played in the Championship and lower leagues, been sold for much more?

Peterborough have clearly lost Maddison for a lot less than his MV (since somebody was willing to pay £2m for him last week). They replaced him with a loan player who l like, and will do well for them, but potentially won't sign there unless they go up. DM is clearly much better at plugging gaps than Marcus. I'm not disputing that.
A good video from a good chairman... on 12:11 - Feb 5 with 2189 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 10:52 - Feb 5 by Chrisd

Sorry and on "huge mark-up" Marcus could have taken the £3m on offer from Birmingham but didn't. Darragh M would have taken that.

Not sure how our support would have reacted.
A good video from a good chairman... on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 2069 viewsGarv

A good video from a good chairman... on 12:11 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Sorry and on "huge mark-up" Marcus could have taken the £3m on offer from Birmingham but didn't. Darragh M would have taken that.

If it had back into the team on one or two good players, I don't think anyone would have cared that much, but it wouldn't have done.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 2040 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:14 - Feb 5 by Garv

If it had back into the team on one or two good players, I don't think anyone would have cared that much, but it wouldn't have done.

Well Hurst would have blown it like he did with the rest of the money he was given to reinvest.
A good video from a good chairman... on 13:24 - Feb 5 with 2027 viewsGarv

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:20 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Well Hurst would have blown it like he did with the rest of the money he was given to reinvest.

That's entirely possible.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:25 - Feb 5 with 2026 viewsChrisd

A good video from a good chairman... on 12:11 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

There's no proof that DM would have accepted that offer at that time for any of his players, that's you just saying he would to suit your side of the argument. When you look at Peterborough United's transfer business in recent history, the value they sell their players on for is hugely marked up and that's no fluke, just good recruitment.

PriceOfFootball@KieranMaguire
Peterborough United submit their accounts showing a loss of £5.5 million for 2018/19 from day to day trading. Their superb ability to recruit promising players & sell on at a profit reduced this by £4.4 million but does show how tough life is in the #EFL #Posh
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:28]

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:28 - Feb 5 with 2006 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:25 - Feb 5 by Chrisd

There's no proof that DM would have accepted that offer at that time for any of his players, that's you just saying he would to suit your side of the argument. When you look at Peterborough United's transfer business in recent history, the value they sell their players on for is hugely marked up and that's no fluke, just good recruitment.

PriceOfFootball@KieranMaguire
Peterborough United submit their accounts showing a loss of £5.5 million for 2018/19 from day to day trading. Their superb ability to recruit promising players & sell on at a profit reduced this by £4.4 million but does show how tough life is in the #EFL #Posh
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:28]

Argument?!

Literally a few posts above you've said he'd have sold him for a huge mark-up. I've said that Marcus didn't do that when he had the opportunity to. Both facts.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:29]
A good video from a good chairman... on 13:39 - Feb 5 with 1972 viewsChrisd

A good video from a good chairman... on 13:28 - Feb 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Argument?!

Literally a few posts above you've said he'd have sold him for a huge mark-up. I've said that Marcus didn't do that when he had the opportunity to. Both facts.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:29]

ME would've been lynched if he had sold Bart when the Birmingham bid was made. The point I was trying to make was DM invariably sells who he buys for an increased price and the club does well out of it, there's no denying that fact. You're implying he'll sell at any given opportunity, well that's how I'm reading it. I get the impression he does what's best for the team, I'm not sure ME has that same ethos. Personally, I feel that if DM was our chairman he'd have got far more from selling our players over the last 18 months than what ME has achieved, he knows how to play the game better.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024